Tory leadership front runners

Started by srb7677, July 12, 2022, 12:22:18 PM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: Barry on July 22, 2022, 06:50:23 PM
As i said, the delusion is strong with these Tory paid up members.
If you think that a man who has cheated the country, has lied to the Queen, has lied to parliament, has held parties in a lockdown and been fined for it, is above anything else in Westminster you really are having a laugh.

You are probably right with regards borchester, but as in the states with Trump, it's amazing how many we have in this country who would happily follow Boris to Boris land, Queen of hearts, March hares, the lot, spilling their tea and champagne at parties in No 10s garden.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on July 22, 2022, 05:34:42 PM
Yes Boris has queered his pitch and made some mistakes and looks like he just got out bed most of the time but he stands head and shoulders above anything else in Westminster at present.
As i said, the delusion is strong with these Tory paid up members.
If you think that a man who has cheated the country, has lied to the Queen, has lied to parliament, has held parties in a lockdown and been fined for it, is above anything else in Westminster you really are having a laugh.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on July 22, 2022, 06:02:32 PM
Don't you think that could be a Utopian dream that you hanker after?

No, I don't Toots as for hankering one thing for sure 650 people all repeating the same lies won't produce much of anything for the majority of the public, they will learn eventually they can only fix things themselves.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on July 22, 2022, 05:13:32 PM
Boris is clearly a spent force, but:
there does seem to be quite a bit of delusion amongst the paid up Tory party members at the moment.

But not as much as much as among the Parliamentary Conservative party, which appears to have forgotten the grassroots.

It cannot be said often enough that Boris is a lying, cheating and amoral son of a bitch, but by God he is fun with it.

:)
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on July 22, 2022, 05:52:40 PM
I told you show people the truth until it clicks. Well not you personally but I am sure you read it.
Don't you think that could be a Utopian dream that you hanker after? 

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on July 22, 2022, 05:48:25 PM
You always come up with these cryptic clues - so what's the answer in your view?

I told you show people the truth until it clicks. Well not you personally but I am sure you read it. 

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on July 22, 2022, 05:45:14 PM
We already know how devious the Westminster party are and the civil service, but it is your own fault if you keep playing along. As I have said, they hardly have a voter left between them and never was it more deserved. They needn't think they can fall back on the Lib Dems either. It is only the headless chickens in panic for now.
You always come up with these cryptic clues - so what's the answer in your view? 

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on July 22, 2022, 05:34:42 PM
Don't you think we have been played by the media and some at Westminster? Yes Boris has queered his pitch and made some mistakes and looks like he just got out bed most of the time but he stands head and shoulders above anything else in Westminster at present. I have a sneaky suspicion that half of his problem has been lack of support and veritable dark arts going on in Downing St and Whitehall. The Beeb and press have been relentless since he gained office and did Brexit but party-gate has been played like a squeaky violin for months. The red wall MPs mostly new to parliament have hit the panic button even threatening to cross the floor at the thought they could lose their seats, and the stampede started for a cliff edge. They will rue the day and I have a feeling that there will be book in the offing which will expose just how devious these people that we have elected to rule, have been.
We already know how devious the Westminster party are and the civil service, but it is your own fault if you keep playing along. As I have said, they hardly have a voter left between them and never was it more deserved. They needn't think they can fall back on the Lib Dems either. It is only the headless chickens in panic for now.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on July 22, 2022, 05:13:32 PM
there does seem to be quite a bit of delusion amongst the paid up Tory party members at the moment.
Don't you think we have been played by the media and some at Westminster? Yes Boris has queered his pitch and made some mistakes and looks like he just got out bed most of the time but he stands head and shoulders above anything else in Westminster at present. I have a sneaky suspicion that half of his problem has been lack of support and veritable dark arts going on in Downing St and Whitehall. The Beeb and press have been relentless since he gained office and did Brexit but party-gate has been played like a squeaky violin for months. The red wall MPs mostly new to parliament have hit the panic button even threatening to cross the floor at the thought they could lose their seats, and the stampede started for a cliff edge. They will rue the day and I have a feeling that there will be book in the offing which will expose just how devious these people that we have elected to rule, have been.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on July 22, 2022, 04:06:33 PM
I can't remember if anyone else has mentioned the 6000+ Conservative members who have so far requested that Boris' name is added to the voting list, plus those threatening to add it themselves thus spoiling their votes. The argument being that the members chose him, he won the GE hands down and the Parliamentary MPs have no right to have ousted him. Even Cummings is predicting his return at some point - perhaps after he has made millions on the speech circuits. At least then he might able to afford to redecorate again without underhand dealings. There is even the talk of a bus at the hustings! All backed by big Tory donors. Get the popcorn out again.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on July 22, 2022, 11:04:57 AM
I can't say that I am a particular fan of any of them. But Starmer really is a graceless hog and Truss has been a Brexiter longer than Sir Stodge. And Truss wants to cut taxes so I feel slightly less repulsed by the Tories than the Brothers and Sisters.
The Tories have started to climb back in the polls. Not by much, 32% to Labour's 41%. Still, it is better than it was.
I'd rather be on a coach driven by an uncharismatic but competent and skilled driver, rather than an entertaining, erratic, get-it- right-sometimes clown — even if he only occasionally deviates from the correct and safe traffic lane and leaves only a relatively few unnecessarily dead...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on July 22, 2022, 04:06:33 PM
I can't remember if anyone else has mentioned the 6000+ Conservative members who have so far requested that Boris' name is added to the voting list, plus those threatening to add it themselves thus spoiling their votes. The argument being that the members chose him, he won the GE hands down and the Parliamentary MPs have no right to have ousted him. Even Cummings is predicting his return at some point - perhaps after he has made millions on the speech circuits. At least then he might able to afford to redecorate again without underhand dealings. There is even the talk of a bus at the hustings! All backed by big Tory donors. Get the popcorn out again.
Christ, if those are the feelings of the majority of Tory party members, Truss had better walk it and get the Conservatives thrown out and Labour in asap — hopefully without LibDem involvement!

But my survival hopes kick in, and I pray Truss turns out to have hidden intelligence and talent and is a storming success as PM...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

I can't remember if anyone else has mentioned the 6000+ Conservative members who have so far requested that Boris' name is added to the voting list, plus those threatening to add it themselves thus spoiling their votes. The argument being that the members chose him, he won the GE hands down and the Parliamentary MPs have no right to have ousted him. Even Cummings is predicting his return at some point - perhaps after he has made millions on the speech circuits. At least then he might able to afford to redecorate again without underhand dealings. There is even the talk of a bus at the hustings! All backed by big Tory donors. Get the popcorn out again.

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on July 22, 2022, 11:26:50 AM
If Gerry is against Truss, that's a reason to support her. I'm sure she will rise to the occasion.
Is this the best of British Liz Truss at her best

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on July 22, 2022, 10:30:49 AM
Can't be that clever if you're switching to vote for Truss
If Gerry is against Truss, that's a reason to support her. I'm sure she will rise to the occasion.
† The end is nigh †