Fix your f*****g swear filter

Started by johnofgwent, July 15, 2022, 09:54:40 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on July 15, 2022, 10:01:51 AM
I'll ask Nick to take a look.
Without wanting to go too far into discussing moderators and moderation, .... Pm on the way
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 15, 2022, 09:54:40 AM
I've noticed TWO edits of my posts recently.

Both appear to be a result of a failure in the competency of the swear filter to adjust the list to meet your ideas of what is acceptable

Now I've no particular problem with the adjustment.

I deliberately abandoned a forum I helped set up because I got royally pissed off with the way two particular individuals deliberately went at each other during the week causing me to lose large chunks of Sunday deleting their antics

But I am confused

Why are you not updating the swear filter if you consider a word offensive instead of manually editing ?
I'll ask Nick to take a look.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

I've noticed TWO edits of my posts recently.

Both appear to be a result of a failure in the competency of the swear filter to adjust the list to meet your ideas of what is acceptable 

Now I've no particular problem with the adjustment.

I deliberately abandoned a forum I helped set up because I got royally pissed off with the way two particular individuals deliberately went at each other during the week causing me to lose large chunks of Sunday deleting their antics

But I am confused

Why are you not updating the swear filter if you consider a word offensive instead of manually editing ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>