It's gonna be too hot!

Started by T00ts, July 15, 2022, 03:37:00 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: Sean on July 19, 2022, 02:39:57 PM
Only Keir and the Labour party can deliver that Green change our country so needs.

Less immigration?  😁
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: HDQQ on July 19, 2022, 01:38:40 PM
The graph of annual global temperature rises coincides very closely with the global rise in CO2 emissions. What's happening is exactly what the scientists have been predicting for decades.

1900 saw a high of 35 degrees.  1911 saw a new record of 36.7.  Did that increase coincide with increasing CO2 emissions, and is ~1 degree proportionate?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 19, 2022, 10:26:45 AM
Your right borky , for every hottest day there should be a 'since' after it .

Since records began
Since the medieval warm period
Since the Roman warm period when they were significantly higher
Since governments around the world dont admit  that we are coming out of a mini ice age and that temperatures though rising are getting back to somewhere near normal 8)  Doing that would scupper their agenda  to increase taxes on the basis of green energy ,global warming and the climate change lobby .
And that all over Britain there are signs that we have always experienced cyclic changes in weather. Stained glass windows in churches depicting the Sun and bunches of Grapes. All over London the are streets called Vine this that and the other, pointing to the fact that Britain was much warmer. 

Going back 800K years and it is plain to see that the Earths wobble, our orbit around the Sun, the Suns path through our Galaxy and it's movement through the Universe all change our Climate. What is being experienced ATM is weather, not climate, and if you believe it's climate how did it arrive so quickly and be gone tomorrow?  The giver of our weather is the Sun 🌞 and when it has active Sunspot cycles and Solar flares we get hotter weather, as the cloud making cosmic radiation is blown around the Earth. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

HDQQ

Quote from: Nick on July 19, 2022, 06:31:00 PM
It was 34 degrees in Tokyo today, 86% humidity!!
It probably felt hotter there than in London's 40C !
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on July 18, 2022, 08:58:32 PM
Obviously with regards to humidity in hot weather, that being the subject.
It was 34 degrees in Tokyo today, 86% humidity!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: HDQQ on July 19, 2022, 05:09:26 PM
So it is 0.04% then! I said it varies naturally - but maybe in a different post. (you could employ Thomas to fact check).

The record has been broken again, 40.3C at Coningsby, Lincs  - RAF station, beating Heathrow (40.2) and Charlwood next to Gatwick (39.1)  All three places next to aviation centres where localised CO2 levels could be expected to be a bit higher - especially in still air.  If this is the case, it's actually a demonstration of the greenhouse effect.

The statistics are still valid - these weather stations have existed for ages and yet they have never recorded such high temperatures before.

41C has consistently appeared online for Huntingdon area in Cambs today - possibly not verified yet. There used to be an RAF base there too but it's too hot to dream up a conspiracy theory involving that.
My local weather station which is also a former airport ,now used by a gliding club is Kenley in the south of Croydon maybe 20 miles from both Heathrow and Gatwick . Peaked this afternoon at 37 which is probably where the major airports would be without planes flying about

Kenley (Surrey) last 24 hours weather - Met Office

HDQQ

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 19, 2022, 04:12:22 PM
Oh, and by the way the normal level of C02 in air isn't 0.04%

It's 0.025 to 0.04%

So it is 0.04% then! I said it varies naturally - but maybe in a different post. (you could employ Thomas to fact check).

The record has been broken again, 40.3C at Coningsby, Lincs  - RAF station, beating Heathrow (40.2) and Charlwood next to Gatwick (39.1)  All three places next to aviation centres where localised CO2 levels could be expected to be a bit higher - especially in still air.  If this is the case, it's actually a demonstration of the greenhouse effect.

The statistics are still valid - these weather stations have existed for ages and yet they have never recorded such high temperatures before.

41C has consistently appeared online for Huntingdon area in Cambs today - possibly not verified yet. There used to be an RAF base there too but it's too hot to dream up a conspiracy theory involving that.

Barry

Quote from: Sean on July 19, 2022, 04:15:20 PM
Wildfires from Iberia to Dartford. Over 70 areas across western Europe have recorded record breaking temperatures in the last two days. Coningsby ,Heathrow , and Kew among them with maxs at 3 PM over 40 c.  Gammon is still in denial. Ed Milliband is completely correct when he said this despicable tory government and heirs elect are running away from the much needed UK Net Zero carbon emission pledge . We need a new and serious labour government in charge to tackle man made global warming in our country. Greta has helpfully pointed out this is not the new normal , and will only continue to get worse until we take this seriously.
It's a freak heatwave.
We'll be complaining about the cold and rain in August.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 19, 2022, 04:12:22 PM
I doubt I'd find it if I looked for it because Google has a way of making awkward facts disappear but about a year or maybe two ago there were reports of someone sending a probe into the upper atmosphere where it found the actual values of temperature and gases were rather colder and rather not what the "all hail the mighty autistic kid" climate god botherers with their mathematical model wanted it to be.

It's 0.025 to 0.04%

https://www.kane.co.uk/knowledge-centre/what-are-safe-levels-of-co-and-co2-in-rooms

It's 0.4% (ten times higher) in exhaled air, which is why our cell culture and organ perfusion experiments were done in that atmosphere and our materials and methods sections of our research papers specified the BOC Medical Gas Mix they created especially for animal experimentation cell and organ culture.
Actually it is 4% in exhaled air. I remembered it from school.
† The end is nigh †

Sean

Wildfires from Iberia to Dartford. Over 70 areas across western Europe have recorded record breaking temperatures in the last two days. Coningsby ,Heathrow , and Kew among them with maxs at 3 PM over 40 c.  Gammon is still in denial. Ed Milliband is completely correct when he said this despicable tory government and heirs elect are running away from the much needed UK Net Zero carbon emission pledge . We need a new and serious labour government in charge to tackle man made global warming in our country. Greta has helpfully pointed out this is not the new normal , and will only continue to get worse until we take this seriously.

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on July 19, 2022, 03:55:04 PM
In reply to "that's good then" . . .

Yes - the natural proportion of CO2 in the atmosphere (about 0.04%) is what gives us the general climate we have now. Although CO2 is a tiny proportion of air, if it's increased it means air absorbs more heat and retains it for longer. If that natural level is reduced by much, then we'll have drastic cooling and I'm not sure if we'd want that any more than warming. The natural CO2 level varies over time anyway, and must have been one of the factors in climate variation over the the millennia.

There's always the possibility that other things are warming the climate too. There could still be an effect from the CFCs that were banned in the 1980s as they accumulate in the upper atmosphere. The heat output of the Sun varies a bit but if that was the cause of the current warming it would be common knowledge and an undisputed scientific fact by now. Something could be going on in the oceans to affect the climate - maybe to do with the amount of algae. Also the earth could be warming up from within - but then that would probably be well known too by now.

I doubt I'd find it if I looked for it because Google has a way of making awkward facts disappear but about a year or maybe two ago there were reports of someone sending a probe into the upper atmosphere where it found the actual values of temperature and gases were rather colder and rather not what the "all hail the mighty autistic kid" climate god botherers with their mathematical model wanted it to be.

It's 0.025 to 0.04%

https://www.kane.co.uk/knowledge-centre/what-are-safe-levels-of-co-and-co2-in-rooms

It's 0.4% (ten times higher) in exhaled air, which is why our cell culture and organ perfusion experiments were done in that atmosphere and our materials and methods sections of our research papets specified the BOC Medical Gas Mix they created especially for animal experimentation cell and organ culture.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

HDQQ

Not the dreaded 'reply in error instead of edit' syndrome again. Quack sorry quack.

HDQQ

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 19, 2022, 03:50:43 PM
Sir Fence Sitter The Protector Of Islamic Child Abusers has about as much right to park his bum on Number Tens Throne as ISIS
Some sort of feedback loop going on - like you're basing your fantasies on your previous fantasies.

HDQQ

In reply to "that's good then" . . .

Yes - the natural proportion of CO2 in the atmosphere (about 0.04%) is what gives us the general climate we have now. Although CO2 is a tiny proportion of air, if it's increased it means air absorbs more heat and retains it for longer. If that natural level is reduced by much, then we'll have drastic cooling and I'm not sure if we'd want that any more than warming. The natural CO2 level varies over time anyway, and must have been one of the factors in climate variation over the the millennia.

There's always the possibility that other things are warming the climate too. There could still be an effect from the CFCs that were banned in the 1980s as they accumulate in the upper atmosphere. The heat output of the Sun varies a bit but if that was the cause of the current warming it would be common knowledge and an undisputed scientific fact by now. Something could be going on in the oceans to affect the climate - maybe to do with the amount of algae. Also the earth could be warming up from within - but then that would probably be well known too by now.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sean on July 19, 2022, 02:39:57 PM
Coningsby Royal Air Force base in Lincolnshire has hit 40C . Northolt and Kew gardens both at 39.5c as at 2 pm. This is why we need a change of government and priorities to fight the man made warming of our planet. Only Keir and the Labour party can deliver that Green change our country so needs.

Sir Fence Sitter The Protector Of Islamic Child Abusers has about as much right to park his bum on Number Tens Throne as ISIS

Some of us are enjoying the sunshine.

Quit with the whingeing.

If there's not enough water it's because people like you let millions more in here to bathe in it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>