It's gonna be too hot!

Started by T00ts, July 15, 2022, 03:37:00 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on July 20, 2022, 11:33:16 AM
Some of it is resulting from increased heat retention of the heat coming from the sun, due to increasing levels of CO2 in the atmosphere.

As John stated, the actual heat coming from the sun has not increased since 1979. What has changed since then is increasing levels of CO2 retaining more of that heat.

Yes there will always be weather anomalies and extremes. But the overall trend globally seems to be for these to be becoming more extreme and more frequent. A single weather extreme is just weather. A long term trend is rather more of a climatic phenomenon. And the stats show that since records began, 9 of the 10 hottest years on record have all occurred since the 1990s.

Clouds are formed by what we used to call Cosmic rays hitting water droplets in the air. Solar activity, IE Sunspots and flares fire out massive amounts of radiation which deflect the background radiation around the Earth, thus stopping clouds being formed, no clouds, more direct heat from the Sun. It doesn't matter whether the heat is coming from farther south or it, it's still as a direct result of energy from the Sun. 

Talking of 1979, take a look at this data showing Sunspot and solar flare activity over the years. In 1979 the Sun was at its max.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on July 20, 2022, 09:38:08 AM
John, I can 100% assure you that the temperature changes on the Earth come from the Sun. I would like to know where you think it is coming from!!
If you had half a brain between the lot of you, by now you would have realised all the previous ideas haven't made a bit of difference, because you cannot do a thing about the Sun which all of this revolves around solar activity has been steadily rising in line with all of climate change, which the globalists are trying to make themselves godly by trying to pretend it's your fault and only they can fix it. At a great cost of course, really what you should be doing as individuals is ignoring them and looking after your own eco-systems as best you can, which they only make more difficult with their centralised global power squabbles. Which on the whole destroy more eco systems than they ever fix in the chasing of profit.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on July 20, 2022, 11:33:16 AM
Some of it is resulting from increased heat retention of the heat coming from the sun, due to increasing levels of CO2 in the atmosphere.

As John stated, the actual heat coming from the sun has not increased since 1979. What has changed since then is increasing levels of CO2 retaining more of that heat.

Yes there will always be weather anomalies and extremes. But the overall trend globally seems to be for these to be becoming more extreme and more frequent. A single weather extreme is just weather. A long term trend is rather more of a climatic phenomenon. And the stats show that since records began, 9 of the 10 hottest years on record have all occurred since the 1990s.
Specifically, I was pointing out the total amount of energy hitting the street around this area this week seems no.diferent from the values I measured 40.years ago.

I suppose the values could be different elsewhere. I haven't made measurements. As I pointed out to HDQQ though, scientists making measurements of gas levels at ground level are being quite dishonourable in failing to take note of the lack of ground covering plants that might lower the C02 levels at ground level.in "greener" areas than volcanic wastelands .....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

John, I can 100% assure you that the temperature changes on the Earth come from the Sun. I would like to know where you think it is coming from!!

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

johnofgwent

If you stopped to listen to the weather forecasters words over the last week you would know the unseasonably hot temperatures in Britain are a direct result of a strange deformity in the jet stream which has funnelled hot air from places south of us where it is far from abnormal to the UK where it most definitely is. The air temperature as I'm sure you know relies on many factors not just the sunlight warming up the land under it.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 20, 2022, 08:02:05 AM
Well it's hardly the first time a secondary observable characteristic has been mistaken for the primary causative. But a worthwhile read nevertheless.

I think I should reiterate that the lovely chaps who originally purchased my current car from the dealer for whatever they actually paid of its £26,000 On The Road price ten years ago fitted it with a totally non standard solar panel which I have recently found the app for, and t shows me the total energy hitting the panel

At no time over the past week (year, in fact, but week in particular) has the number of watts of energy hitting each square metre of ground where the car has been parked exceeded the values I measured from the roof of several buildings in South Wales in 1979.

So the sun is not the cause of the temperature increase.
John, I can 100% assure you that the temperature changes on the Earth come from the Sun. I would like to know where you think it is coming from!!

srb7677

Quote from: Sean on July 19, 2022, 02:39:57 PMOnly Keir and the Labour party can deliver that Green change our country so needs.
These are truly desperate times if our only hope is Keir Starmer, the ultimate establishment stooge.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 19, 2022, 02:13:23 PM
And that's summer over...

The map shows where lightning strikes were recently recorded
I know we had thunder and lightning and several brief but heavy showers in Plymouth round about 10-11am yesterday (Tuesday 19th July)

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on July 20, 2022, 03:03:44 AM
And just to prove the point...

https://www.sciencealert.com/something-is-up-with-the-sun-and-it-could-mean-our-models-are-wrong/amp
Well it's hardly the first time a secondary observable characteristic has been mistaken for the primary causative. But a worthwhile read nevertheless.

I think I should reiterate that the lovely chaps who originally purchased my current car from the dealer for whatever they actually paid of its £26,000 On The Road price ten years ago fitted it with a totally non standard solar panel which I have recently found the app for, and t shows me the total energy hitting the panel 

At no time over the past week (year, in fact, but week in particular) has the number of watts of energy hitting each square metre of ground where the car has been parked exceeded the values I measured from the roof of several buildings in South Wales in 1979.

So the sun is not the cause of the temperature increase.

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on July 19, 2022, 09:02:56 PM
What the graph shows is just how small the global temperature anomaly needs to be to change the climate. Drop the average by 8 degrees and you're in an ice age.  If you go back millions of years the climate was much hotter. Eventually in a few billion years the earth will fry as the dying Sun expands, after which it will freeze when the Sun goes out. But we're concerned with the coming decades. Even if there's natural global warming, adding more CO2 will make it worse, so reducing emissions is sensible. Anyway, if we don't continue the transition to renewables, we'll use up oil and gas reserves at an ever increasing rate until fossil fuels become scarce and prohibitively expensive. I once the oil and gas is gone, that'll solve the CO2 problem unless anyone's stupid enough to go back to coal.

As I said before, one temperature record in one country on its own isn't proof of climate change. I don't think anywhere else broke their record despite the heatwave. But it's part of a pattern.

And just to prove the point...

https://www.sciencealert.com/something-is-up-with-the-sun-and-it-could-mean-our-models-are-wrong/amp

HDQQ

Quote from: Nick on July 19, 2022, 06:57:12 PM
And that all over Britain there are signs that we have always experienced cyclic changes in weather. Stained glass windows in churches depicting the Sun and bunches of Grapes. All over London the are streets called Vine this that and the other, pointing to the fact that Britain was much warmer.

Going back 800K years and it is plain to see that the Earths wobble, our orbit around the Sun, the Suns path through our Galaxy and it's movement through the Universe all change our Climate. What is being experienced ATM is weather, not climate, and if you believe it's climate how did it arrive so quickly and be gone tomorrow?  The giver of our weather is the Sun 🌞 and when it has active Sunspot cycles and Solar flares we get hotter weather, as the cloud making cosmic radiation is blown around the Earth.
What the graph shows is just how small the global temperature anomaly needs to be to change the climate. Drop the average by 8 degrees and you're in an ice age.  If you go back millions of years the climate was much hotter. Eventually in a few billion years the earth will fry as the dying Sun expands, after which it will freeze when the Sun goes out. But we're concerned with the coming decades. Even if there's natural global warming, adding more CO2 will make it worse, so reducing emissions is sensible. Anyway, if we don't continue the transition to renewables, we'll use up oil and gas reserves at an ever increasing rate until fossil fuels become scarce and prohibitively expensive. I once the oil and gas is gone, that'll solve the CO2 problem unless anyone's stupid enough to go back to coal.

As I said before, one temperature record in one country on its own isn't proof of climate change. I don't think anywhere else broke their record despite the heatwave. But it's part of a pattern. 
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on July 19, 2022, 05:09:26 PM
So it is 0.04% then! I said it varies naturally - but maybe in a different post. (you could employ Thomas to fact check).

Well, it "is" 0.04 in the sense Saddam had weapons of mass destruction he could have caused to strike the UK in less than 45 minutes

In a British city whose boundaries have been crammed full of immigrants and whose green spaces have been bulldozed too make the new slum housing of the future to hold them, the Christ knows how many thousands more people per square mile all breathing out 0.4% CO2 with no plants to photosynthesis that exhaled C02 into biomass as used to happen, yes labour and Tory immigration policy has indeed spiked the c02 levels.

But in green pastures where arable land is being used as it always was, there is no source of C02 and anything green is sucking the cO2 that is heavier than other gases and naturally concentrates at the ground levels where trees and bushes take it in, so the level in the air is rather less (and oxygen rather more)

Over the sea C02 which as I said I'd heavier than O2 and N2 the other main component gases tends to dissolve in the sea, with the highly humid air near the sea surface greatly assistimg that dissolving. The CO2 once bound forms sodium carbonate (a soluble salt) which double decomposes when it meets calcium chloride to form insoluble calcium carbonate which is why back in ancient history when there was lots of C02 the chalk sediments like the white cliffs of Dover were laid down, trapping the carbon.

Much is made by the "scientists" of the extensive work done to accurately measure carbon dioxide at Mauna Kea observatory, but strangely those scientists fail to tell you the scorched black volcanic lava and the paucity of vegetation ensures little absorbtion happens, so for a worshipper of the cult of Greta the place is wonderful.

A pity they don't take the same care to measure the carbon dioxide levels in the African Savannah or the South American Pampas grasslands on which the Argentine raise its cattle

Or for that matter the Amazon.

I want to know the sea level C02 concentration at the point where NASA crash land its satellites and space stations. The real world "furthest from civilisation" point that some say Lovecraft chose to place Rl'yeh.

The whole of the above is why this entire story may be utter BS. No one has done the job properly, even the scientists bullshit you with statements suggesting they are taking the utmost care, when in fact for the reasons given the only care they are taking is to make sure you fail to see where the bullshit has chosen to overlook the reality...

Scott777

Quote from: HDQQ on July 19, 2022, 03:55:04 PM
There's always the possibility that other things are warming the climate too. 

Too many people?  Too much urbanisation?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.