Lily Allen, just **** off

Started by DeppityDawg, January 19, 2020, 10:59:27 AM

« previous - next »

Hyperduck Quack Quack

There are many edgy outspoken female rock/pop musicians I admire.  Lily Allen isn't one of them!

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=13653 time=1579454731 user_id=48
Ain't this ridiculous,first you say you don't know who Lily Allen is and google tells you nothing,next you claim an in depth knowledge of the whole affair'

:barf:

I am commenting on what the QT debate was about.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=13653 time=1579454731 user_id=48
Ain't this ridiculous,first you say you don't know who Lily Allen is and google tells you nothing,next you claim an in depth knowledge of the whole affair'

Can I change the name of the thread to "Alias papasmurf, just feck off"?  :fcplm:

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13652 time=1579452793 user_id=89
I do, and I agree with the accusation. I would suggest you keep up with current affairs on the issues. It has been commented on on current affairs all day.

Frankly Fox is an idiot and seems to be totally removed from reality, as do far too many others, including journalists and news paper editors who appear to be in denial.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=13651 time=1579451285 user_id=50

As for Lawrence Fox "damaging himself", get to feck. You don't even know what the accusation is

I do, and I agree with the accusation. I would suggest you keep up with current affairs on the issues. It has been commented on on current affairs all day.

Frankly Fox is an idiot and seems to be totally removed from reality, as do far too many others, including journalists and news paper editors who appear to be in denial.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13649 time=1579450565 user_id=89
I have never understood why actors are invited onto the Question Time panel anyway. Fox has damaged himself by his appearance on Question Time.

And therein you demonstrate how utterly clueless about the thread you actually are. Politics (via the mainstream media and social media) is FULL of actors, celebrities and society icons expressing their "opinions". The POINT is that either they all get to do it, or they all shut the feck up. We cant have a situation where Lily Allen slates another luvvy for doing what SHE had always done. Do keep up, ffs.

As for Lawrence Fox "damaging himself", get to feck. You don't even know what the accusation is and you don't even know who Lily Allen is. How do you know? Fox has damaged himself no more or no less than any other "celebrity" who gets involved in politics. Its about the RIGHT to express opinions, not necessarily whether you agree with them or not. I don't agree with Lily Allen, but I'm not advocating she be stopped from expressing her opinions.

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=13648 time=1579450328 user_id=50
 You're often funny, credit where its due. Its just sad that you fail to see how endlessly annoying you are.

I hope I am annoying, and keep on being annoying.

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=13647 time=1579450065 user_id=50

Make no mistake Cromwell, you cant have people with extreme views posing as "middle ground" and getting away with it. Either both Lawrence Fox and Lily Allen get to air their views, or no one does. That some organisation of "actors" (Middle class if ever there was) get to decide who should be able to speak on BBC Question Time and who shouldn't, then we are all fecked.

I have never understood why actors are invited onto the Question Time panel anyway. Fox has damaged himself by his appearance on Question Time.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13639 time=1579444255 user_id=89
I am not a Troll or a hypocrite, frankly I am astounded that so many people on the forum who otherwise appear to be intelligent are totally blinkered over a wide range of subjects.

An ill informed, (through no fault of their own,) electorate have dropped themselves into a very nasty future.

I suspect it won't take them long to realise that and they will get very angry about it.

Then you are clearly suffering from a condition that renders you unable to see when you utterly piss people off. I am frankly astounded that anyone gives you the time of day, including me. That's probably because I don't "hate", like you do, I just get weary. You're often funny, credit where its due. Its just sad that you fail to see how endlessly annoying you are.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=13637 time=1579442765 user_id=48
Well I hate to tell you I told you so,but I did  :-P  :-P  :lol:

Anyway I'm a sort of liberal (or so you told me from time to time) but yeah you're right she is a waste of space.

Well, if its any consolation, I think you're "liberal" with a small "l", the respectful of others kind, as opposed to the "woke" extremists who hide behind the respectability of middle ground so called "liberal" tolerance. These people know nothing of tolerance...that is, unless you agree with them.

Make no mistake Cromwell, you cant have people with extreme views posing as "middle ground" and getting away with it. Either both Lawrence Fox and Lily Allen get to air their views, or no one does. That some organisation of "actors" (Middle class if ever there was) get to decide who should be able to speak on BBC Question Time and who shouldn't, then we are all fecked.

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=13636 time=1579441813 user_id=50
No, that's true. Thinking someone is a fool is an opinion, and it is perfectly acceptable to hold opinions like that, just as others think you are a hugely irritating fool who trolls threads by, for example, expressing support for someone who by his own admission he knows nothing about. This position makes you look like a troll, which of course, you prove endlessly over and over again.

The hypocrisy is you supporting someone's complaint, about another person doing something they themselves have done dozens of times. Go and take your medicine for feck sake and stop filling the thread with pendantic shite solely for the purpose of annoying other posters. How you haven't been banjoed in real life is beyond me.

I am not a Troll or a hypocrite, frankly I am astounded that so many people on the forum who otherwise appear to be intelligent are totally blinkered over a wide range of subjects.

An ill informed, (through no fault of their own,) electorate have dropped themselves into a very nasty future.

I suspect it won't take them long to realise that and they will get very angry about it.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry post_id=13621 time=1579437483 user_id=51
I'm now following Laurence Fox on Twitter as he is an absolute hoot. He's not shifted a millimetre from his position and I don't see why he should.

I saw a post on Twitter saying "do you remember the time Lily Allen went to Calais and when she got back allowed several refugees to live in her house" free of charge (or words to that effect). Course not, because she is the epitome of the new word "woke" and doesn't really care about anything, except her own fame and her bank balance.  :dmq:

I had a twatter account when they first came out, never used it and dropped it when i stood for parliament as i felt there are some "followers" you can do without. same with arsebook.

I have, however, e-engaged with twatter, under another username (not far off the one i log in here with actually) as i had to raise a complaint about a bus driver who ran us off the road last week and 101 did't want to know but pasting his bus all over gwent_plod_twats or whatever their account was did the thrick.

I'll see if i can find the chap now. what did he do (i've never heard of him) but anyone who pisses equity off must by definition be someone i might find interesting

ok f*ck me five mins of searching and i love this

"some prick called "erinma" replying to someone called "nicholaskilleen" about lawrence fox's "here we go white privilge" comment says and i quite

"racism is not about skin colour it's abour power and perceived status"

f*ck me this could be a whole load of laughs
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=13636 time=1579441813 user_id=50
No, that's true. Thinking someone is a fool is an opinion, and it is perfectly acceptable to hold opinions like that, just as others think you are a hugely irritating fool who trolls threads by, for example, expressing support for someone who by his own admission he knows nothing about. This position makes you look like a troll, which of course, you prove endlessly over and over again.

The hypocrisy is you supporting someone's complaint, about another person doing something they themselves have done dozens of times. Go and take your medicine for feck sake and stop filling the thread with pendantic shite solely for the purpose of annoying other posters. How you haven't been banjoed in real life is beyond me.

Well I hate to tell you I told you so,but I did  :-P  :-P  :lol:

Anyway I'm a sort of liberal (or so you told me from time to time) but yeah you're right she is a waste of space.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13631 time=1579439646 user_id=89
Nothing hypocritical about thinking Fox is a fool.

papasmurf

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=13632 time=1579439836 user_id=49
Result found in a millisecond, how much else do you need to know????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lily_Allen">//https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lily_Allen

Here's a tip Papa, if you're interested in the thread do a quick bit of searching if you need to know who someone else, otherwise move on. Sheez  :brd:

None of that helps me know who she is, I don't recognise her picture.