Ballet white elitist!

Started by T00ts, July 17, 2022, 10:21:56 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on November 22, 2022, 09:21:02 AM
Both of which I have zero interest in.  Female opera singers sound as if they are being tortured with a combination of hot irons and electricity.
Then I am sad for you.  

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on November 21, 2022, 07:45:30 PM
But then they aren't trained or talented ballet or opera performers.
Both of which I have zero interest in.  Female opera singers sound as if they are being tortured with a combination of hot irons and electricity.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on November 21, 2022, 07:39:42 PM
There seems to be a hell of a lot of totally talentless, and useless individuals in the so called elite.
But then they aren't trained or talented ballet or opera performers. Everyone has a talent of some sort even you, it just needs discovering and encouragement.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 21, 2022, 07:34:12 PM
Is it really ?

in a world where all is dumbed down to the lowest level possible, where ability is spurned, those with ability shat upon, all part of a CV plot by the left to destroy the rewarding of hard work and skill, is it really a strange comment ? I think not but then I've been a victim of the left's attempts to destroy the rewarding of aptitude
There seems to be a hell of a lot of totally talentless, and useless individuals in the so called elite.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 20, 2022, 08:13:31 PM
What a strange comment.
Is it really ? 

in a world where all is dumbed down to the lowest level possible, where ability is spurned, those with ability shat upon, all part of a CV plot by the left to destroy the rewarding of hard work and skill, is it really a strange comment ? I think not but then I've been a victim of the left's attempts to destroy the rewarding of aptitude 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on November 20, 2022, 07:53:44 PM
Presumably having a talent is elitist.
What a strange comment. 

T00ts

Presumably having a talent is elitist.

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on November 20, 2022, 04:07:21 PM
Ballet has always been elitist in the same way as opera has been. Neither of them interest me.
Define elitist. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: HDQQ on November 20, 2022, 04:07:21 PM
Ballet has always been elitist in the same way as opera has been. Neither of them interest me.
Elitists ?  Never seen either like that myself 

HDQQ

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

Soccer So White? BBC Complains No Minority Players for England Team (breitbart.com)

Its not just ballet , the race baiters are in every walk of life none more so than at the BBC . After a victory that saw the team qualify for the knock out stages of the Euro cup the question of everyones lips was how good the team was (in comparrision to the rest of the dross) how far they could go , is football finnally coming home !  

No the BBC decided it was more important to ask where are the black players ???   . Nobocdy else noticed 

T00ts

I guess it will not be long before classical music will be deemed white elitist too. Already universities have dubbed the great poets and writers not fit for the modern student. Is is to do with the origins or more that the modern student is not capable of understanding/appreciating the brilliance of past talents and in the case of dancers at Northern, that the school can no longer attract the best and have therefore down graded their auditions accordingly. Will we forever lower standards to fit while teachers no longer strive to lift those in front of them to reach their very best?

T00ts

Unless Northern has changed I wouldn't class them as a first choice dance school, but perhaps I am a little out of date now. It has it's place of course but the real talent goes elsewhere. My worry is that this will spread until ballet itself is no longer an example of talent but ethnicity. We have a saying in the dance world. Learn ballet and you can learn anything, learn any other form of dance and you will never do ballet successfully. Northern will lose out on major talent of all ethnicities - but time will tell.

johnofgwent

And one more thing

If the Northern School of Dance wish to remove ballet from their entry requirements, well that's their loss.

Six or seven years ago I wouldn't have been remotely interested.

But that was before little madam donned her first tutu.

Seeing her on stage doing her practised routines in a costume that made her literally a snowflake on the water among the flock of swans, as she and sixteen others all in the pre-primary class aged FOUR at most, moved gracefully among eight adults on point, and kept to their routine with perfect timing giving the illusion of snow blowing across the stage, gave me a hell of a wake up call.

Madam has since decided her interests lie in musical theatre and acting rather than "pure" dance but she still has an impressive collection of distinctions and theatre programs with her name on. And she's the only one in her age / ability group able to move under control in balance on point, the others are catching up but this isn't something to rush as a screw up here could be a disaster.

So like I said, if this dance school wishes to use woke shittery as a reason to snub a genre of dance that demands precision, balance, upper and lower body strength, poise, memory, and confidence, more fool them. I'll just make a note to suggest Melissa's later career should avoid them as they'll use her multi racial appearance as a trophy and cause her nothing but trouble.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Well, London is a foreign country lost to the United kingdom's authentic inhabitants for more than eighty years now, but here in Newport the invasion has barely reached eight per cent. Mind you, those eight per cent want the other 92 to change their lifestyle to that of the 8 in school dinners.

At least 20% of the students in the largest dance academy in South Wales are at least mixed race, my grand daughter among them.

As those unaccustomed to the rigours of the boards might see from the attached, it's a tad f**king difficult to spot the ethnics under stage lighting, unless they've got the limelight right in their eyes (say hello to the musical theatre kids group musical director, who quite openly, and deliberately to rile the woke shite with council bling in the front row, makes a point every year of stating, on stage, to camera, that he's only allowed to run the group because he's a gay black man and (the boss) can get a grant from these guys in the front row for employing him because of that)

It's not true of course; the guy is amazing and made a fortune in the west end before the stress of all the dancing screwed his joints and Toots' will I have no doubt know all about that....

But every time he says it the labour Tw** in the bling gets nearer and nearer to looking like he'll have a heart attack and the more he looks that way, the more we applaud.