Main Menu

Too darn hot!

Started by T00ts, July 18, 2022, 12:43:35 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on July 18, 2022, 06:17:58 PM
Perhaps the problem is that we have a couple of generations now many of whom really don't have a clue and very little common sense either.
I'll drink to that 🍻. 
Looks like we've got the wrong type of Sun ☀️ on the track also 😆 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Perhaps the problem is that we have a couple of generations now many of whom really don't have a clue and very little common sense either.

Nick

Twas a few weeks ago but the temps in India were hitting 48, where a lot of people don't have houses or regular drinking water. What is going on? It's summer in the U.K., and is no different than we were getting in the 70's and 80's. The use of words like deadly temperatures is just playing into the hands of the woke. Did a stint in Dubai back in 2004, 56 degrees and no aircon in the factory. Just drank 8 litres of water a day and got on with it.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on July 18, 2022, 04:03:29 PM
If I believed everything you write I would think you didn't have a kid bone in your body. Fortunately I know differently.
Being deadly serious for a moment, my stroke consultant told me I ought to go teetotal as any alcohol represents a repeat stroke risk.

But he was a Sikh. I'm not sure if they're teetotal I'm sure the others of that faith I worked with weren't, although the drunkest among my work colleagues had already forsworn the turban. 

I told the guy politely but quite firmly that while I was prepared to reduce my input slightly from the current meagre amount i put back weekly, I'd sooner cut off all the meds and die than spend the rest of my life teetotal.

After he had gone the cardiac consultant asked how much I really drank. 

And I told him. I can no longer manage any large volume, so over about three hours of chat and joviality with former work colleagues and others on a Wednesday and again on a Sunday I usually get through three, perhaps four half pints of real ale of about 4%, and maybe once a month I'll have a pint with a curry, burger or pizza at 'spoons.

I have repeated that to others who asked. It is the truth. I can no longer drink as I could in my youth.

Everyone in medical scrubs who asked that since the stroke consultant all said the same, that this level of drinking is not worth worrying about
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 18, 2022, 03:43:56 PM
As it's you, toots, I will simply say "they" can go follow the advice of Matthew, chapter 27, and the first part of verse 5, and Luke, chapter 10 verse 37.

In a drinking establishment my response would be a lot more colourful.

When on holiday abroad I noticed that almost all the all inclusive hotel bars and most of the standard resort bars serve "beer" that is far weaker than what I drink here, and there is a damn good reason. If you tried the usual 5 or 6 per cent stuff I drink for the flavour here, you'd fall down very quickly. I enjoy several pints of barely 3.5 lagers in the Mediterranean heat because that's what it was brewed for.
If I believed everything you write I would think you didn't have a kid bone in your body. Fortunately I know differently.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on July 18, 2022, 02:19:34 PM
FYI they have just announced again that you need to avoid alcohol in this heat. Your blood (and the ticker) as enough problems coping.

As it's you, toots, I will simply say "they" can go follow the advice of Matthew, chapter 27, and the first part of verse 5, and Luke, chapter 10 verse 37.

In a drinking establishment my response would be a lot more colourful.

When on holiday abroad I noticed that almost all the all inclusive hotel bars and most of the standard resort bars serve "beer" that is far weaker than what I drink here, and there is a damn good reason. If you tried the usual 5 or 6 per cent stuff I drink for the flavour here, you'd fall down very quickly. I enjoy several pints of barely 3.5 lagers in the Mediterranean heat because that's what it was brewed for.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on July 18, 2022, 03:05:07 PM
"They" can get stuffed! I've done a risk assessment. "They" didn't tell me what to drink when we had no water for 48 hours last week. ;D
Dancing Dancing Dancing  

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on July 18, 2022, 02:19:34 PM
FYI they have just announced again that you need to avoid alcohol in this heat. Your blood (and the ticker) as enough problems coping.
"They" can get stuffed! I've done a risk assessment. "They" didn't tell me what to drink when we had no water for 48 hours last week. ;D
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Dear Starmer is now complaining that Government hasn't prepared the country for this couple of hot days. What I want to know is why I haven't received a ready blown up paddling pool together with enough free water to fill it. A nice sun hat, gazebo, aviator sun glasses and sun-cream of course wouldn't go amiss. On second thoughts free ice-cream in a nice little van playing a tune parked outside would be welcome too.

Let's be honest we complain already about this nanny state but if Starmer is let loose goodness knows where they will get enough cotton wool to wrap the whole population in. Or will they only bother with potential Labour voters? :D

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on July 18, 2022, 01:37:46 PM
There's nothing bad about drinking a drop of beer. Now, getting drunk, that's a different matter.

Barry

There's nothing bad about drinking a drop of beer. Now, getting drunk, that's a different matter.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

The temperature in my kitchen diner is currently 28c although it feels hotter. My daughter in Bedfordshire tells me it's 34.5 and rising in the shade in her garden.

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 18, 2022, 01:08:41 PM
3 pints and a packet of crisps ;D
Dancing Dancing Dancing There's a confession! I have been good and had salad all cold from the fridge ........ ice-cream follows!!

Quote from: Barry on July 18, 2022, 01:19:44 PM
Carlsberg Pilsner at the moment with some peanuts.

You're all as bad as one another!  Dancing Dancing Dancing

Barry

Carlsberg Pilsner at the moment with some peanuts.
† The end is nigh †