How thick is Starmer

Started by Nick, July 18, 2022, 05:41:23 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on July 28, 2022, 03:01:21 PMSecondly, the whole world is in chaos and this is when the unions have decided they can turn the screw, we'll I bet you they don't win with a Tory government in place. Maybe a weak, Lilly livered Labour government like Corbyn would bring so hang on it's going to get bumpy. 
You can bet on that, as the American economy shrinks into recession, debt payments become unsustainable and people are pushed over the edge.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 28, 2022, 03:01:21 PM
Firstly, these railway workers are on a good screw, averaging 56K.
Secondly, the whole world is in chaos and this is when the unions have decided they can turn the screw, we'll I bet you they don't win with a Tory government in place. Maybe a weak, Lilly livered Labour government like Corbyn would bring so hang on it's going to get bumpy.
Is it only the £56K pa personnel who are causing all the trouble?

I thought it was mainly the non-driving RMT and TSSA employees on £20+K that were feeling the pinch, and resenting the fact that their jobs might go due to changing travel patterns...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on July 28, 2022, 10:33:49 AM
But then I can see why they would strike in the first place, because through no fault of their own, they are being squeezed, but the Westminster party are stuck between a rock and a hard place, they overwhelmingly voted for the squeeze because it was what was seen as best for them, not you.
Firstly, these railway workers are on a good screw, averaging 56K.
Secondly, the whole world is in chaos and this is when the unions have decided they can turn the screw, we'll I bet you they don't win with a Tory government in place. Maybe a weak, Lilly livered Labour government like Corbyn would bring so hang on it's going to get bumpy. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Barry on July 27, 2022, 06:58:15 PM
It doesn't matter to people without morals.
Strange response.

Neither of the principals in the tittle-tattle you're peddling appear to be in other current relationships...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Good old

Quote from: Nick on July 28, 2022, 10:17:45 AM
If you don't like the job you signed a contract for bugger off.

And go straight on the dole. Or short hours with more dole. Accept that the very people that Sheeps,  bleats about,  are gradually reducing the opportunities for decent payed blue collar work .
Is this called freedom?  It's certainly smacks of control, but the control of Who?  Irony again strikes Nick. You the great supporter , of freedom and control. Would remove a freedom that gives some vestige of control, to the pleb.
In support of the establishment.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on July 28, 2022, 10:05:43 AM
And rightfully Tarry is disciplined. The party has made its position clear.  Media wise Starmer can  not win  on this, either way the media will turn it into a loss. As it is his enemies want it to be a case of not supporting the workers. And if  that fails it would be a case of he does support the workers ,and all the old false Marxist Communist ,allegations will land at his door.
If Tarry  and others can not have the discipline to work as a team, they should resign. If Labour MPs were constantly on these picket lines the press would have the whole party as communist, true or otherwise , setting the chances of getting elected back to the Micheal Foot days.
The principle of striking for better pay conditions can be supported without ever going near a picket line. The Tories their press, ,and some elements of his own party want the public to think otherwise.
But then I can see why they would strike in the first place, because through no fault of their own, they are being squeezed, but the Westminster party are stuck between a rock and a hard place, they overwhelmingly voted for the squeeze because it was what was seen as best for them, not you.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Good old on July 28, 2022, 10:05:43 AM
And rightfully Tarry is disciplined. The party has made its position clear.  Media wise Starmer can  not win  on this, either way the media will turn it into a loss. As it is his enemies want it to be a case of not supporting the workers. And if  that fails it would be a case of he does support the workers ,and all the old false Marxist Communist ,allegations will land at his door.
If Tarry  and others can not have the discipline to work as a team, they should resign. If Labour MPs were constantly on these picket lines the press would have the whole party as communist, true or otherwise , setting the chances of getting elected back to the Micheal Foot days.
The principle of striking for better pay conditions can be supported without ever going near a picket line. The Tories their press, ,and some elements of his own party want the public to think otherwise.
If you don't like the job you signed a contract for bugger off. 

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 28, 2022, 08:15:08 AM
Actually, he has removed a front bench shadow minister for disobeying his instructions as party leader that his shadow cabinet not take part in the picket.

In the past, cabinet and shadow cabinet ministers alike resigned before breaking the leaders instructions regarding unity of opinion in the public face presented by the cabinet.

It wasn't Starmer who exacerbated matters.

Now the Unions are up.in arms about this of course but then wasn't it union power over the party that saw Thatcher romp to victory ?

And rightfully Tarry is disciplined. The party has made its position clear.  Media wise Starmer can  not win  on this, either way the media will turn it into a loss. As it is his enemies want it to be a case of not supporting the workers. And if  that fails it would be a case of he does support the workers ,and all the old false Marxist Communist ,allegations will land at his door.
If Tarry  and others can not have the discipline to work as a team, they should resign. If Labour MPs were constantly on these picket lines the press would have the whole party as communist, true or otherwise , setting the chances of getting elected back to the Micheal Foot days.
The principle of striking for better pay conditions can be supported without ever going near a picket line. The Tories their press, ,and some elements of his own party want the public to think otherwise.

Nick

The way you deal with unions is to put everyone on 90 days notice that unions will be prohibited in your new T's and C's.
They either agree or are laid off and new employees trained in the 90 days. Deal with them the same way Maggie did with the NUM.

They did the saem thing over getting the staff out of the offices and on the shop floor and look how much better the system is with staff presence.

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on July 27, 2022, 06:28:30 PM
Starmer's sacked Sam Parry, shadow transport minister, for standing on a picket line.

Politicians should be trying to solve problems, not exacerbating them...
Actually, he has removed a front bench shadow minister for disobeying his instructions as party leader that his shadow cabinet not take part in the picket.

In the past, cabinet and shadow cabinet ministers alike resigned before breaking the leaders instructions regarding unity of opinion in the public face presented by the cabinet.

It wasn't Starmer who exacerbated matters.

Now the Unions are up.in arms about this of course but then wasn't it union power over the party that saw Thatcher romp to victory ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on July 20, 2022, 10:23:26 PM
Not sure the nation has the appetite for a charismatic PM any more.

I think the problem is those who pick them are too thick to understand the need for competence ahead of charisma.

I think the Tories showed us their stupidity in this regard when they chose Cameron over Davi(e)s about fifteen years ago, if not more.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: patman post on July 27, 2022, 06:53:29 PM
You're correct. My bad.

Does it matter who's enjoying a bit of extra curricular — provided it doesn't involve state secrets...?
It doesn't matter to people without morals.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Barry on July 27, 2022, 06:41:32 PM
I think he's called Sam Tarry, he tarried a night at Angie's house not so long back. (Allegedly) He was leaving with his toothbrush in his pocket, mind.
You're correct. My bad. 

Does it matter who's enjoying a bit of extra curricular — provided it doesn't involve state secrets...?

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on July 27, 2022, 06:41:32 PM
I think he's called Sam Tarry, he tarried a night at Angie's house not so long back. (Allegedly) He was leaving with his toothbrush in his pocket, mind.
We are flooded with the news on Tory plots but I feel that Labour is not sleeping so quietly either.

Barry

Quote from: patman post on July 27, 2022, 06:28:30 PM
Starmer's sacked Sam Parry, shadow transport minister, for standing on a picket line.

Politicians should be trying to solve problems, not exacerbating them...
† The end is nigh †