How thick is Starmer

Started by Nick, July 18, 2022, 05:41:23 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Starmer's sacked Sam Parry, shadow transport minister, for standing on a picket line. 

Politicians should be trying to solve problems, not exacerbating them...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Starmer is not thick. You don't get to be DPP if you are thick.
However, he does seem to be a bit autistic, socially awkward and incapable of dynamic reaction to stimuli, so I'd reckon he's a non runner as possible PM. 
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on July 21, 2022, 04:26:14 PM
I've pointed out a few times that civil servants forget they are just that........servants and need reminding or removing,they are here to serve the people something that those who sit in Westminster neglect too......at their peril.

The passport of a civil servant identifies their occupation as GOVERNMENT service. They don't "serve" us plebs and are if course neither civil not servile.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on July 21, 2022, 04:00:27 PM
I think the nearer truth is that there will be a massive back lash that the MPs could be so stupid to have lynched Boris before they had a presentable successor. Many have been saying for a long time that Boris had one job and he was elected on the promise of that. His mistake, as he mentioned in the House when advising his successor, was to listen to those listening to Twitter. Known as an ideas man but not for detail he also failed to appoint people who could carry through. Perhaps because he has been hamstrung in having to choose Brexit supporters.There have been parts of his cabinet who were not fit to run a cake stall let alone a Gov Dept.

I don't think the Mandarins and Civil Service in general can pass without blame here too and unless someone takes them properly to task there will be further PM losses particularly if they happen to be Conservative. I have seen it admitted that Whitehall is working against Government behind the scenes. Unless they get put back in their boxes this will continue. Cummings had them in his sights, and so has Rees-Mogg but so far they have managed to waylay both.
I've pointed out a few times that civil servants forget they are just that........servants and need reminding or removing,they are here to serve the people something that those who sit in Westminster neglect too......at their peril.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

I think the nearer truth is that there will be a massive back lash that the MPs could be so stupid to have lynched Boris before they had a presentable successor. Many have been saying for a long time that Boris had one job and he was elected on the promise of that. His mistake, as he mentioned in the House when advising his successor, was to listen to those listening to Twitter. Known as an ideas man but not for detail he also failed to appoint people who could carry through. Perhaps because he has been hamstrung in having to choose Brexit supporters.There have been parts of his cabinet who were not fit to run a cake stall let alone a Gov Dept. 

I don't think the Mandarins and Civil Service in general can pass without blame here too and unless someone takes them properly to task there will be further PM losses particularly if they happen to be Conservative. I have seen it admitted that Whitehall is working against Government behind the scenes. Unless they get put back in their boxes this will continue. Cummings had them in his sights, and so has Rees-Mogg but so far they have managed to waylay both.

patman post

Starmer is likely to appear like an accomplished and capable leader if pitched against Truss. Just think, she's got Francois and Redwood as cheerleaders.

I found it difficult to identify an outstanding alternative to Johnson during his many catastrophes and misdemeanours, which made him look limpet-like.

Once he resigned and all the hats were being thrown into the ring, I'd hoped a new budding wunderkind might emerge. There were none. Now we're likely to get a wooden Truss because of the many party members who think the MP's shouldn't have kicked Boris out and have heard Truss say almost the same...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on July 20, 2022, 10:23:26 PM
The leader of the opposition can be forgiven for putting his foot in his mouth once in a while when we have a prime minister who shoots himself in both feet with a machine gun on a daily basis.Not sure the nation has the appetite for a charismatic PM any more.
I am reminded of my fellow developer of a naval missile system whose son chose to become a mathematician....

One day he sat down and worked out the difference between his birthday and his parents wedding anniversary was a matter of some amusement...

And forthwith suggested to his dad that if he were to come home and announce he's got some girl pregnant, he wouldn't exactly have grounds to complain....

To which the reply was "just because I was a fucking idiot doesn't mean you have to follow my example"

I think the same applies here, not least because the leader of the opposition is for some crazy reason trying to make us believe he'd actually do a better job. Whereas one only had to look west of the Severn bridge to see what a car crash his party's insane ideas create.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

HDQQ

Quote from: Nick on July 18, 2022, 05:41:23 PM
He stood up and and mocked the Tories for having 3 leaders in the last 6 years, guess what? Labour has had 3 leaders in the last 6 years also!! Does he write this stuff him self or does he just not think about what someone else has written.

The man's a buffoon.
The leader of the opposition can be forgiven for putting his foot in his mouth once in a while when we have a prime minister who shoots himself in both feet with a machine gun on a daily basis.
QuoteHe has absolutely no charisma. 
Not sure the nation has the appetite for a charismatic PM any more.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on July 20, 2022, 05:07:52 PMeven Blair is put in the shade by Boris.
Can't see it, both have a created a massive cost of living crisis on behalf of the 1% both created a national debt that is unrecoverable for the globalists and have moved debt slavery forward in line with policy. At a guess a very few people will be pleased with both of them in certain circles. Both can legitimately say, job done.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on July 20, 2022, 04:55:01 PM
Please tell me you're not including bLIAR in that?
When it comes to utter caddishness and brazen lying about matters both large and small, personal and public, even Blair is put in the shade by Boris.

I am not normally one to sing Blair's praises but some good things were achieved under his government. The Good Friday Agreement. The national minimum wage. Tax credits. Greatly increased funding for health and education. Free busses for pensioners. Winter fuel payments. Devolution for Scotland and Wales.

Of course there were many failures too and I truly despise Blair. But a lot of people did feel a lot better off under his government. Few can say the same post-2010
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on July 20, 2022, 04:42:00 PM
In fairness it was highly hypocritical of those who ousted Boris for being a bit of a cad to then applaud him. But it would have been even more hypocritical for the Labour party to have actually done so. [highlight]I cannot recall in my adult lifetime a prime minister least deserving of a round of applause.[/highlight]

As for Starmer, he too is a proven liar and it makes me sick to keep hearing him spoken of as a man of integrity. He blatantly lied to his own members to gain his position, but this is not widely appreciated by the wider public. But the man is as ready as Johnson to lie to get what he wants. He might even be better at it which makes him more dangerous.
Please tell me you're not including bLIAR in that?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on July 20, 2022, 04:34:32 PM
There were many today who applauded Boris who at worst were simply hypocritical. On the other hand he gave them the largest mandate for years and if they got to their feet for no other reason than that it at least showed some grace. Starmer and his cronies of course lack any grace or even good manners shown by their prompt departure while ignoring him. When Brexit was debated ad nauseum I had a certain amount of admiration for what I then saw as Starmer's analytical mind, but over the last few weeks he has shown himself as nasty, vindictive and crass and that was in public. I dare not think what he is in private.

He is not thick as such but like so many of his ilk I suggest he lacks any sort of real empathy and is pedantic to the point of severe boredom.
In fairness it was highly hypocritical of those who ousted Boris for being a bit of a cad to then applaud him. But it would have been even more hypocritical for the Labour party to have actually done so. I cannot recall in my adult lifetime a prime minister least deserving of a round of applause.

As for Starmer, he too is a proven liar and it makes me sick to keep hearing him spoken of as a man of integrity. He blatantly lied to his own members to gain his position, but this is not widely appreciated by the wider public. But the man is as ready as Johnson to lie to get what he wants. He might even be better at it which makes him more dangerous.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

There were many today who applauded Boris who at worst were simply hypocritical. On the other hand he gave them the largest mandate for years and if they got to their feet for no other reason than that it at least showed some grace. Starmer and his cronies of course lack any grace or even good manners shown by their prompt departure while ignoring him. When Brexit was debated ad nauseum I had a certain amount of admiration for what I then saw as Starmer's analytical mind, but over the last few weeks he has shown himself as nasty, vindictive and crass and that was in public. I dare not think what he is in private.

He is not thick as such but like so many of his ilk I suggest he lacks any sort of real empathy and is pedantic to the point of severe boredom.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on July 18, 2022, 05:41:23 PM
He stood up and and mocked the Tories for having 3 leaders in the last 6 years, guess what? Labour has had 3 leaders in the last 6 years also!! Does he write this stuff him self or does he just not think about what someone else has written.

The man's a buffoon.
He and those around him running the party have form when it comes to ill thought out stupidity.

Remember their gleaming new slogan a year or two back? Win The Future? Which they then abbreviated to WTF?

Apparently without even realising that in text speak this abbreviation actually means "What The F*ck!"?

We on the left had so much fun publicly taking the piss out of them for that one, lol

Needless to say, as a slogan, Win The Future, aka WTF, was soon allowed to disappear without trace.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on July 18, 2022, 05:57:08 PM
He has absolutely no charisma.
Well Boris and Blair did, which only goes to show that charisma does not guarantee a good leader.

But Starmer lacks anything else that could make up for lack of charisma.