How thick is Starmer

Started by Nick, July 18, 2022, 05:41:23 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on July 18, 2022, 05:46:22 PM
He is also very insulting. Even the Speaker has twice had to ask him to tone it down. If anyone gives that man the keys to No10 they deserve him.
You and I may be on very different pages politically, but I promise you I will do whatever I can to try and ensure that he does not get the keys to number ten. or that if he does he will be so dependent on the support of others that we'll get PR out of it.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 18, 2022, 06:02:17 PM

I do think political leaders often believe their audience have the memory capacity of a mayfly.

Sorry, missed that :)

Starmer isn't a buffoon, he is just a bloke who really, really wants to be PM.

I think the real question has to be, who wants to be a politician. Everyone assumes you are a thief and a liar,  a mate is someone who stabs you in the chest rather than the back and if you can persuade folk to vote for you, then you can probably make more money selling motors or computers. The problem that we have with politicians is not that they are wicked and corrupt, but that they are a bit odd
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on July 18, 2022, 05:41:23 PM
He stood up and and mocked the Tories for having 3 leaders in the last 6 years, guess what? Labour has had 3 leaders in the last 6 years also!! Does he write this stuff him self or does he just not think about what someone else has written.

The man's a buffoon.

Well I agree but in fairness speechwriters are in evidence (to no particular good end) across the spectrum.

I do think political leaders often believe their audience have the memory capacity of a mayfly.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on July 18, 2022, 05:46:22 PM
He is also very insulting. Even the Speaker has twice had to ask him to tone it down. If anyone gives that man the keys to No10 they deserve him.
He has absolutely no charisma. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on July 18, 2022, 05:41:23 PM
He stood up and and mocked the Tories for having 3 leaders in the last 6 years, guess what? Labour has had 3 leaders in the last 6 years also!! Does he write this stuff him self or does he just not think about what someone else has written.

The man's a buffoon.

Nick

The man's a buffoon.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.