It is lawful to hand

Started by cromwell, July 21, 2022, 12:23:52 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

What would happen if a charity was collecting in the street and I rocked up with several 1000s in a bag and handed it over? Would the receiver be accused of something illegal?

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2022, 09:33:59 AM
No goalposts moved we were told there was no problem in handling such large amounts of cash,if that applies to him it applies to all.
I've got some sympathy with that view.

A while ago I was in Santander and asked about how much notice I'd need to give to draw out £2000 in cash — I'd seen a note behind the cashier saying they'd like notice of large withdrawals.

The answer surprised me: We'd need to know what you wanted the cash for before we'd hand it over!!!

My money, my account, my affair — and I still didn't fully understand the explanation of laundering, coercion, tax evasion, etc...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on July 27, 2022, 09:23:25 AM
Moving the goalposts. You said, "corrupt practices", but they have been shown to be not corrupt.
So you were accusing them of corruption, when they  have neither been accused or found guilty of such. They are innocent.
Ordinary people caught with huge amounts of cash need investigating. They get the cash back when they have been checked out, if they are not using it for criminal purposes.
Charlie was not caught by the Police with a huge amount of cash, was he?
No goalposts moved we were told there was no problem in handling such large amounts of cash,if that applies to him it applies to all.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2022, 09:02:42 AM
And so I am,please explain why ordinary people have cash confiscated by the police but the next in line can handle millions in carrier bags and there's no problem,

As with Boris rules must apply to all without fear or favour.
Moving the goalposts. You said, "corrupt practices", but they have been shown to be not corrupt.
So you were accusing them of corruption, when they  have neither been accused or found guilty of such. They are innocent.
Ordinary people caught with huge amounts of cash need investigating. They get the cash back when they have been checked out, if they are not using it for criminal purposes.
Charlie was not caught by the Police with a huge amount of cash, was he?
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on July 22, 2022, 10:16:48 AM
I thought you were in the "innocent until proven guilty" squad, Cromwell.
And so I am,please explain why ordinary people have cash confiscated by the police but the next in line can handle millions in carrier bags and there's no problem,

As with Boris rules must apply to all without fear or favour.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on July 21, 2022, 09:12:01 PM
Corrupt practices won't change your day? then all tickety boo Puke
Septic Bladder and his French cohort just got away with corruption when they clearly were up to their necks in it. No mention of that.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

I thought you were in the "innocent until proven guilty" squad, Cromwell.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Thats got to be proven Cromwell . I just see it as rich people with too much money they have nothing better to do than play silly buggers with it . Maybe it gives them a charge having cash in carrier bags but at least it ended up at a charity that probably needs it 

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 21, 2022, 09:01:49 PM
As long as said honours dont give political power but rather social ones in their own circles I dont see the problem .Its not going to change my day .
Corrupt practices won't change your day? then all tickety boo Puke

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on July 21, 2022, 08:39:11 PM
Oh that's alright then,and the ex butler and serial resigner who has fell on his sword so often he's been given a new royal award knight colander.

Onlyto miraculously reappear again at big ears side,and the reports of honours for sale? all nonsense of course ::) Puke

Again. I ask who else would get away with stuff like this......oh yeah an ex pm Bliar.

Boris is an amateur.
As long as said honours dont give political power but rather social ones in their own circles I dont see the problem .Its not going to change my day . 

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 21, 2022, 08:25:43 PM
From what was reported though he didnt walk around with it but handed it straight over to the charity. Im not quite sure what exactly he has  got away with .
Oh that's alright then,and the ex butler and serial resigner who has fell on his sword so often he's been given a new royal award knight colander.

Onlyto miraculously reappear again at big ears side,and the reports of honours for sale? all nonsense of course ::) Puke

Again. I ask who else would get away with stuff like this......oh yeah an ex pm Bliar.

Boris is an amateur.

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on July 21, 2022, 07:35:56 PM
It's being questioned because a) the charity commission is bent
and b)  nobody else would be getting away with what big ears has

I was recently watching one of those cop reality shows they had an operation on the motorway to capture crims,nothing wrong with that.

A bloke was pulled in a hire car,produced valid licence and documents to prove he'd hired the car legitimately, he was going to the races for the day and had proof of that too and he was carrying two grand in cash to bet(not something I'd do) but not unlawful, they confiscated the cash till they investigated......ask yourself three million in carrier bags to big ears is no problem?
From what was reported though he didnt walk around with it but handed it straight over to the charity. Im not quite sure what exactly he has  got away with . 

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 21, 2022, 10:58:19 AM
Is this  being questioned because  big ears was involved or because it was a cash donation ?
It's being questioned because a) the charity commission is bent
and b)  nobody else would be getting away with what big ears has

I was recently watching one of those cop reality shows they had an operation on the motorway to capture crims,nothing wrong with that.

A bloke was pulled in a hire car,produced valid licence and documents to prove he'd hired the car legitimately, he was going to the races for the day and had proof of that too and he was carrying two grand in cash to bet(not something I'd do) but not unlawful, they confiscated the cash till they investigated......ask yourself three million in carrier bags to big ears is no problem?

Barry

I thought cash was King, but he's still a Prince.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Is this  being questioned because  big ears was involved or because it was a cash donation ?