It is lawful to hand

Started by cromwell, July 21, 2022, 12:23:52 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Apologies — I'm in the pub and the dog is not intended as the principal character in the photo...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Just think, we could end up with a President instead of a monarch and they could look like this...

this:

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Good old

The Bin Laden family is very large and extensive within Saudi, aristocracy. The part of that family that made these donations might have had very little if anything at all to do with the infamous, Bin Laden.  This is just another anti royal nonsense story to tarnish  Charlie before he gets his arse on the throne . For those that give a toss , they better get used to this , as to many the people in possession of our media, are in fact republicans.

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on July 31, 2022, 08:08:50 AM
And it looks like he's bin laden down with more dodgy cash,if they don't skip to the next generation  they're done for.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11065403/Prince-Charles-judgment-questioned-1m-gift-terror-chief-Bin-Ladens-half-brothers.html
Is it dodgy cash?

There's no credible suggestion the money came from terrorist sources or that any of it ended up for the personal use of the the Prince or his friends and family.

Because large donations tend to attract the attention of the authorities, I guess most trustees would be careful how funds were gathered and distributed. 

The area I think has been consistently ignored is the amount that charity bosses and managers — as distinct from trustees — pay themselves, pay out to consultants, and claim in expenses...

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on July 31, 2022, 11:46:55 AM
Are you having a stroke? That makes no sense 😆
Well I didn't expect you'd be hard of thinking. :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on July 31, 2022, 09:08:41 AM
What? They accept the got millions in carrier bags of cash and also accept they took money from the bin and gone blowing up people.

How is that not true?
Are you having a stroke? That makes no sense 😆 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on July 31, 2022, 08:21:16 AM
Assuming any of it is true?
Dont explain, don't complain!!
What? They accept the got millions in carrier bags of cash and also accept they took money from the bin and gone blowing up people.

How is that not true?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on July 31, 2022, 08:08:50 AM
And it looks like he's bin laden down with more dodgy cash,if they don't skip to the next generation  they're done for.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11065403/Prince-Charles-judgment-questioned-1m-gift-terror-chief-Bin-Ladens-half-brothers.html
Assuming any of it is true?
Dont explain, don't complain!!

cromwell

And it looks like he's bin laden down with more dodgy cash,if they don't skip to the next generation  they're done for.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on July 27, 2022, 06:31:50 PM
Do you feel this is something you're likely to do T00ts ? If so let me know where to stand 😉
You should be so lucky!  Dancing

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on July 27, 2022, 02:09:38 PM
What would happen if a charity was collecting in the street and I rocked up with several 1000s in a bag and handed it over? Would the receiver be accused of something illegal?
Do you feel this is something you're likely to do T00ts ? If so let me know where to stand 😉

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 27, 2022, 01:52:35 PM
I've got some sympathy with that view.

A while ago I was in Santander and asked about how much notice I'd need to give to draw out £2000 in cash — I'd seen a note behind the cashier saying they'd like notice of large withdrawals.

The answer surprised me: We'd need to know what you wanted the cash for before we'd hand it over!!!

My money, my account, my affair — and I still didn't fully understand the explanation of laundering, coercion, tax evasion, etc...
Any stupid questions like that my father always says I'll spend half on beer and women then waste the rest. 

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on July 27, 2022, 04:19:27 PM
My daughter was saying not long ago I remember that money laundering laws have made it a minefield.
It affects only the little people. Important people, like MPs and PMs and Kings and Queens worldwide are immune.
Well, almost. Ask King Juan Carlos of Spain, who now lives in exile.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

My daughter was saying not long ago I remember that money laundering laws have made it a minefield. 

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on July 27, 2022, 01:52:35 PM
I've got some sympathy with that view.

A while ago I was in Santander and asked about how much notice I'd need to give to draw out £2000 in cash — I'd seen a note behind the cashier saying they'd like notice of large withdrawals.

The answer surprised me: We'd need to know what you wanted the cash for before we'd hand it over!!!

My money, my account, my affair — and I still didn't fully understand the explanation of laundering, coercion, tax evasion, etc...
Some years ago I sold something I'd put a lot of work in to for a good few thousands,the payment went through a solicitor friend because I was aware of Bliars law,I took the cheque in to my bank
Solicitors cheque mind not cash. "Where did this money come from?" I resisted the urge to say you're not very bright it a solicitors cheque it bloody says so ......"from a solicitor" says I "Yes I see that but it's the proceeds from?" I again resisted the urge to say from a bank robbery or drugs deal. "I sold something"......."Yes and that was?"  

I passed on the urge to say eff off and mind your own bloody business so I told them what I'd sold.
Which prompted "And what are you going to do with the money?"

I had then heard enough ""I thought I'd put it on the favourite in the 3:30 at haydock park "

I closed my account not long after.

Quote from: T00ts on July 27, 2022, 02:09:38 PM
What would happen if a charity was collecting in the street and I rocked up with several 1000s in a bag and handed it over? Would the receiver be accused of something illegal?
Could be but you caught carrying that well up for questioning and the cash confiscated till you gave replies to their satisfaction.