Main Menu

Finally

Started by Nick, July 22, 2022, 08:19:31 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on August 21, 2022, 04:38:46 PM

If only the water companies had two drainage systems. Oh! Actually an awful lot do. But so many put foul water and rain water into the same pipe to the sewage works, and then what could go wrong?
Foul water to the sewage works. Rain water to a storm drain which goes into a river or directly into the sea. But that would cost money improving the infrastructure. 70 Billion allocated to a company to manage net zero, which would fix the sewage scandal. It needs someone with a brain and a plan. If you are free, Sheepy, I reckon we could manage a 5 year project for them.
It doesn't work like that Barry as you know, firstly you give them a plan to fix it, but if it goes against the agenda then it soon goes in the bin, or they put it up as their own until they manage to completely mess it up.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Barry on August 21, 2022, 04:38:46 PM

If only the water companies had two drainage systems. Oh! Actually an awful lot do. But so many put foul water and rain water into the same pipe to the sewage works, and then what could go wrong?
Foul water to the sewage works. Rain water to a storm drain which goes into a river or directly into the sea. But that would cost money improving the infrastructure. 70 Billion allocated to a company to manage net zero, which would fix the sewage scandal. It needs someone with a brain and a plan. If you are free, Sheepy, I reckon we could manage a 5 year project for them.
New housing estates collect grey water, clean it and then pump it back to the houses to flush toilets I believe. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on August 20, 2022, 06:28:12 PMI don't call this looking after our eco system either you W@nkers.
Sewage now pollutes every single beach between Brighton and Hastings (msn.com)

† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on August 19, 2022, 12:06:12 PMglobal warming
There is your problem right there, a global problem for globalists to pretend they can fix, personally as I have always said, looking after your own eco system shouldn't be that difficult, in this world of over population and being made worse by globalists it should be a must actually.
I don't call this looking after our eco system either you wankers.
Sewage now pollutes every single beach between Brighton and Hastings (msn.com)

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on August 19, 2022, 05:24:37 PM
A while back they changed the name from Global Warming to Climate Change, why was that? They covered their arses is the answer, just in case temps (they did) started going down.

Climate change is what we simple folk call weather :)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on August 19, 2022, 02:10:47 PM
I don't believe a word of it.

My daughter believes in Climate Change and she has a first class MA in Religious Studies and you can't say fairer than that. I admit that I am a bit dubious about folk like Steve getting involved. A good bloke, but broke and knocking on a bit. But all the important demos are held in Central London which is where all the big teaching hospitals are. So when the tribe turn up to scream whatever bollocks is in fashion before they launch an assault upon Oxford Street, there is a good chance that the grand daughters might pick up a medical student.

Plus, whatever else do we have? The flu has burned out, the Russians and Ukrainians appear to have stopped killing each other and this Conservative party election is proving to be sad stuff. No, we need Climate Change.
A while back they changed the name from Global Warming to Climate Change, why was that? They covered their arses is the answer, just in case temps (they did) started going down. 

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on August 19, 2022, 12:06:12 PM
https://melaniephillips.substack.com/

More than 1100 scientists, scholars and other professionals have signed up to a statement stating "there is no climate emergency".

The statement has been produced by the Climate Intelligence Group. https://clintel.org/ This was founded in 2019 by emeritus professor of geophysics Guus Berkhout and science journalist Marcel Crok.

But hey, everyone knows that "climate-change deniers" know nothing about science.

The Declaration says that anthropogenic global warming theory (AGW), the doctrine that tells us the world is on course for planetary catastrophe as a result of rising CO2 levels, is profoundly unscientific. It states:

Natural as well as anthropogenic factors cause warming

Warming is far slower than predicted

Climate policy relies on inadequate models

CO2 is plant food, the basis of all life on Earth

Global warming has not increased natural disasters

Climate policy must respect scientific and economic realities

1100 is not a small number of bright and qualified people. It has been warm in England this Summer, not exactly a rarity, but the global warming in the last 15 years has been difficult to detect.

Meanwhile, green policies threaten to kill us with kindness.

I don't believe a word of it.

My daughter believes in Climate Change and she has a first class MA in Religious Studies and you can't say fairer than that. I admit that I am a bit dubious about folk like Steve getting involved. A good bloke, but broke and knocking on a bit. But all the important demos are held in Central London which is where all the big teaching hospitals are. So when the tribe turn up to scream whatever bollocks is in fashion before they launch an assault upon Oxford Street, there is a good chance that the grand daughters might pick up a medical student.

Plus, whatever else do we have? The flu has burned out, the Russians and Ukrainians appear to have stopped killing each other and this Conservative party election is proving to be sad stuff. No, we need Climate Change.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

https://melaniephillips.substack.com/

More than 1100 scientists, scholars and other professionals have signed up to a statement stating "there is no climate emergency".

The statement has been produced by the Climate Intelligence Group. https://clintel.org/ This was founded in 2019 by emeritus professor of geophysics Guus Berkhout and science journalist Marcel Crok.

But hey, everyone knows that "climate-change deniers" know nothing about science.

The Declaration says that anthropogenic global warming theory (AGW), the doctrine that tells us the world is on course for planetary catastrophe as a result of rising CO2 levels, is profoundly unscientific. It states:

Natural as well as anthropogenic factors cause warming

Warming is far slower than predicted

Climate policy relies on inadequate models

CO2 is plant food, the basis of all life on Earth

Global warming has not increased natural disasters

Climate policy must respect scientific and economic realities

1100 is not a small number of bright and qualified people. It has been warm in England this Summer, not exactly a rarity, but the global warming in the last 15 years has been difficult to detect.

Meanwhile, green policies threaten to kill us with kindness.

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 26, 2022, 09:35:19 AM
And to add to its problems, Cameroon — a member of the Commonwealth — has a visit from Emmanuel Macron who's on an African tour that's also taking in Benin and Guinea-Bissau...

https://www.france24.com/en/africa/20220726-questions-over-human-rights-in-cameroon-as-macron-visits?xtor=EPR-300&_ope=eyJndWlkIjoiZmY5N2FlMGZlZTIzN2JjYzg4YThmZmI2YzE3OGQxNzQifQ%3D%3D
Just trying to recruit a couple of African countries to replace the 2 that defected last month ;)

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 25, 2022, 04:11:36 PM
I think the question of C02 dispersal is best approached in the matter of Lake Nyos, Cameroon.

The volcanic activity below the lake causes the water to be supersaturated with C02

In 1986 a landslide disturbed the waters causing the lake to belch up enough gaseous C02 to kill almost 1800 Cameroon villagers and 3500 animals.

The village where most died was abandoned but there are moves to reinhabit the area.

If C02 stayed at the bottom of the gravity well the area would be a permanent death zone.
And to add to its problems, Cameroon — a member of the Commonwealth — has a visit from Emmanuel Macron who's on an African tour that's also taking in Benin and Guinea-Bissau...

https://www.france24.com/en/africa/20220726-questions-over-human-rights-in-cameroon-as-macron-visits?xtor=EPR-300&_ope=eyJndWlkIjoiZmY5N2FlMGZlZTIzN2JjYzg4YThmZmI2YzE3OGQxNzQifQ%3D%3D
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 25, 2022, 02:34:45 PMThere's been a lot more understood and consensus on climate change and its causes since then...
And temperature / CO2 measuring equipment has become a lot more accurate. This could very well be another Spinnach situation!

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 25, 2022, 04:11:36 PM
I think the question of C02 dispersal is best approached in the matter of Lake Nyos, Cameroon.

The volcanic activity below the lake causes the water to be supersaturated with C02

In 1986 a landslide disturbed the waters causing the lake to belch up enough gaseous C02 to kill almost 1800 Cameroon villagers and 3500 animals.

The village where most died was abandoned but there are moves to reinhabit the area.

If C02 stayed at the bottom of the gravity well the area would be a permanent death zone.
Cameroon typically gets 9 months of rain and wind, any CO2 would quickly be dispursed, either into the ground or blown away.

Sheepy

Quote from: Sheepy on July 24, 2022, 06:16:01 PM
Anybody fixed the Sun yet? no? stunning day here. just like a hot summers day. Damn that reminds me, that DEFRA approved log burner was a waste of money.
LOL but then again maybe not-------
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/putin-slashes-gas-supplies-to-europe-again/ar-AAZVTiX?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=cbc7b68bcc0946aa9d2731010373e0fd#comments

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Bryson died in 2008. Before that, in the '60s, he'd supported the idea of "the human volcano" causing global cooling.

There's been a lot more understood and consensus on climate change and its causes since then...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...