The postal strike and my new trousers.

Started by Borchester, July 25, 2022, 12:55:46 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on July 25, 2022, 12:55:46 PM
I like the Post Office. There was always a job there when I was skint and it seemed to run on goodwill and alcohol.

But meanwhile I ordered some trousers on Friday evening and the private courier delivered them on Sunday evening. So competition wise, the forthcoming postal strikes may not be such a clever idea
It's Royal Mail and Parcel Force that deliver.

The Post Office has developed into an extremely useful national network, providing many services that used to be supplied by banks, local insurance brokers, utility cashiers, etc.

These days, nobody seems to handling the last mile for letter deliveries (while snail mail is still required), so Royal Mail should be safe even if it's forced to restrict deliveries to weekdays only. Fewer employees, maybe, but it's largely down to them and the CWU...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

I like the Post Office. There was always a job there when I was skint and it seemed to run on goodwill and alcohol.

But meanwhile I ordered some trousers on Friday evening and the private courier delivered them on Sunday evening. So competition wise, the forthcoming postal strikes may not be such a clever idea
Algerie Francais !