Male MPs wear 'hot flush' vests to simulate menopause

Started by BBC News , July 27, 2022, 01:03:12 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on July 27, 2022, 11:04:22 AM
Yes well I see today trans men are being taught how to chest feed,I'm all for people appreciating what others have to put up with but something done purely for "a look at me moment are plain silly"

Maybe people who need to might quietly live in a wheelchair for a week to appreciate their lack of thought might be an idea worth pursuing.

No but the same thought crossed my mind.
A trans man is still a woman so don't they have to stop their hormone meds to return to their female things like pregnancy or breast feeding? The logic defies me. If you don't want to be a woman why hanker after female activities?

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on July 27, 2022, 09:53:43 AM
I bet they did it on a nice cool day when they could rest from normal activity, avoided it while trying to sleep and knew deep in their psyche that it would be not for years. I also bet that others in their work place didn't look at them as if they were having some sort of breakdown, and almost immediately discounted their value to the company and downgraded their ability score. I wonder if being a trans man actually means that they don't suffer such problems? It would almost make the change appealing if so.
Yes well I see today trans men are being taught how to chest feed,I'm all for people appreciating what others have to put up with but something done purely for "a look at me moment are plain silly"

Maybe people who need to might quietly live in a wheelchair for a week to appreciate their lack of thought might be an idea worth pursuing.

Quote from: patman post on July 27, 2022, 10:33:45 AM
And nothing to do with Cupid...

No but the same thought crossed my mind.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

I bet they did it on a nice cool day when they could rest from normal activity, avoided it while trying to sleep and knew deep in their psyche that it would be not for years. I also bet that others in their work place didn't look at them as if they were having some sort of breakdown, and almost immediately discounted their value to the company and downgraded their ability score. I wonder if being a trans man actually means that they don't suffer such problems? It would almost make the change appealing if so. 

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on July 27, 2022, 08:53:28 AM
Frankly that sounds like an insult to the intelligence of women.
Frankly it sounds like a stupid stunt.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: BBC News  on July 27, 2022, 01:03:12 AM

The event was organised in parliament by the Labour MP Carolyn Harris.

Source: Male MPs wear 'hot flush' vests to simulate menopause
Frankly that sounds like an insult to the intelligence of women.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

BBC News

The event was organised in parliament by the Labour MP Carolyn Harris.

Source: Male MPs wear 'hot flush' vests to simulate menopause