One for the girls

Started by T00ts, July 27, 2022, 10:04:18 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 27, 2022, 12:21:57 PMDont confuse it as the same sport , its not . 
Actually, it is. Same pitch, same rules, same duration of play. 

It is only the anatomy of the players that is different. That in no way constitutes a different sport.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on July 27, 2022, 11:27:54 AM
Would be great for women's football if they did.

The men have been trying to win something since 1966 without success.
Dont confuse it as the same sport , its not . 
Quote from: T00ts on July 27, 2022, 11:06:37 AM
I suspect women are a touch more subtle! Dancing
They would have to be given they make no attempt to kick each other 
Quote from: patman post on July 27, 2022, 10:43:20 AM
Enjoyed it so far.

Makes a change not to have players crumpling up and feigning mortal injury any time an opponent gets within 50cm, arguing with the ref, diving for a penalty, etc.
Reminds me of Sunday league football in that respect . The cheats will appear though when the rewards become greater 
Mrs is a great follower of the Arsenal WFC, so I guess I'm not surprised at the skills on show...
Not much skills from what Ive seen ,a few good touches when in space but the defending is nearly as hopeless as the goalkeeping . 
Arsenal ? Haven't you locked her out yet ?  One of my sons friends turned up for a Birthday party years ago with an Arsenal shirt on and I sent him home to get changed saying he wasnt allowed in wearing that .  The Mrs told me off though saying he was only 6 and probably didn't know any better .;D

Quote from: T00ts on July 27, 2022, 10:04:18 AM
I confess to not being into girls football, although I have a grand-daughter who loves it. I saw a little bit of last night's match but I worry about them getting hurt so turned away a bit of a wimp. Having said that what a great achievement thus far. Will they win it?
Well as long as people enjoy it dont listen to the likes of me Toots. I guess ive got a bit of a hate thing going on with the womens game as its tried to piggy back on the popularity of Football attempting to compare at every opportunity not to mention the over the top praise for basic skills and fake commentaries to make it look like something its not 

Im glad they are doing well though  ,my wifes tea towel has been hanging in the front window for weeks to show her  support for their efforts . 
Having not watched much womens football I dont know if its a great achievement or not  but from what I have seen they are better than the others and you can only beat whats in front of you .

Will they win it ?  Yes of course they will Dancing

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on July 27, 2022, 11:06:37 AM
I suspect women are a touch more subtle! Dancing
I guess a bit of off-ball activity can be hidden under the guise of re-attaching the occasional dislodged eyelash...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on July 27, 2022, 10:04:18 AM
I confess to not being into girls football, although I have a grand-daughter who loves it. I saw a little bit of last night's match but I worry about them getting hurt so turned away a bit of a wimp. Having said that what a great achievement thus far. Will they win it?
Would be great for women's football if they did.

The men have been trying to win something since 1966 without success.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Enjoyed it so far.

Makes a change not to have players crumpling up and feigning mortal injury any time an opponent gets within 50cm, arguing with the ref, diving for a penalty, etc.

Mrs is a great follower of the Arsenal WFC, so I guess I'm not surprised at the skills on show...
I suspect women are a touch more subtle! Dancing

patman post

Enjoyed it so far. 

Makes a change not to have players crumpling up and feigning mortal injury any time an opponent gets within 50cm, arguing with the ref, diving for a penalty, etc.

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts