One for the girls

Started by T00ts, July 27, 2022, 10:04:18 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2022, 11:31:22 AM
I love cricket.
I agree.

But I am struggling to see the beauty in the clubbing slash and throw of the current limited-over formats that are supposedly run to attract more youngsters to the game...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 19, 2022, 03:59:41 PMHow does the speed of the sport equate to its boringness ?
Can you imagine racing cars trundling around at 30mph? lol

Generally the faster something is the more exciting it is likely to be.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on August 14, 2022, 08:27:29 AM
There are far more boring things to watch than football. Both cricket and golf are far, far slower.

How does the speed of the sport equate to its boringness ?  Im as happy watching golf as I am Ice Hockey and most of whats inbetween as long as its quality stands on its own merits 

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on August 14, 2022, 08:27:29 AM
There are far more boring things to watch than football. Both cricket and golf are far, far slower.

I would rather dunk my head in a bucket of poo whilst humming yankee doodle dandy than spend an hour watching cricket.
I love cricket. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on August 03, 2022, 03:23:39 AM
Watch football or poke why eyes out with a stick? Tough choice.
Occasionally the mighty whites but only cause I was born there.
Rugby 🏉 all day for me, none of this rolling around with a broken fingernail.

I would rather dunk my head in a bucket of poo whilst humming yankee doodle dandy than spend an hour watching cricket.

Nick

Watch football or poke why eyes out with a stick? Tough choice. 
Occasionally the mighty whites but only cause I was born there. 
Rugby 🏉 all day for me, none of this rolling around with a broken fingernail. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on August 02, 2022, 02:58:21 PM
The  voice of footballis neanderthalis, an endangered but vocal species that still thinks it's the 1970s, with the sexist attitudes to boot.

Most people I know - including all the male football fans - thought the match was fantastic, the football great, and the achievement epic.

Nearly 90,000 in the crowd, many millions viewing at home, all say your derogatory sexist assumption that because it is women it doesn't matter has all the force of a fart in a hurricane.
Streetwalker is quite right about having a sense of humour,he's had to have one as he's a long term palace supporter.

:D :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

The  voice of footballis neanderthalis, an endangered but vocal species that still thinks it's the 1970s, with the sexist attitudes to boot.
Thank you 
Most people I know - including all the male football fans - thought the match was fantastic, the football great, and the achievement epic.
Im glad they enjoyed it and it was a fine achievment though your view of it would be better rather than people I cant take this rise out of down at Tesco who thought it was great football

Nearly 90,000 in the crowd, many millions viewing at home, all say your derogatory sexist assumption that because it is women it doesn't matter has all the force of a fart in a hurricane.
It was great to see all the schoolkids and dragged along Dads enjoying a day out along with B list celebs who took the opportunity to be seen . If it matters to anyone then great , I hope the womens game improves and becomes watchable in the future , maybe a few more fights ,high tackles ,headbutts and studs down the shins . That will make them cry .

Oh and take your own advice I think you gave to Sheepy , get a sense of humour . 

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 01, 2022, 08:19:14 PM
Come on Toots the media can big this up as much as they like but its about on the scale of a table tennis gold medal at the commonwealth games to most of us blokes . Well done and all that ,a quick cheer , but hardly going to be on our minds come the weekend when our teams are in action .
I blame those arabs at Manchester City for pumping money into womens football myself , you would think they would let their own out of the house before they started  encouraging ours to stay down the park all day enjoying themselves .

T00ts

Come on Toots the media can big this up as much as they like but its about on the scale of a table tennis gold medal at the commonwealth games to most of us blokes . Well done and all that ,a quick cheer , but hardly going to be on our minds come the weekend when our teams are in action .
I blame those arabs at Manchester City for pumping money into womens football myself , you would think they would let their own out of the house before they started  encouraging ours to stay down the park all day enjoying themselves .
There are times when some who should know better, like to live dangerously! Butt Kick  Dancing

cromwell

:P :)

:) :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on August 01, 2022, 06:05:33 PM
Let's play down the girls' achievement shall we? The men have Downing St receptions, double decker bus parades, the lot for their Rugby or cricket wins and just about everything else. The girls? A stage at Trafalgar Sq for an hour and a drunken party. Great!
Come on Toots the media can big this up as much as they like but its about on the scale of a table tennis gold medal at the commonwealth games to most of us blokes . Well done and all that ,a quick cheer , but hardly going to be on our minds come the weekend when our teams are in action .

T00ts

Let's play down the girls' achievement shall we? The men have Downing St receptions, double decker bus parades, the lot for their Rugby or cricket wins and just about everything else. The girls? A stage at Trafalgar Sq for an hour and a drunken party. Great!

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on July 31, 2022, 07:35:02 PM
Well boys! That's the way to do it!
Apparently ... The England manager has revised his plans for bringing the men's trophy home ..
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>