Fishy Rishi's Asian Donor in HOL plays the race card

Started by johnofgwent, July 28, 2022, 03:50:33 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Nick on August 05, 2022, 03:39:33 AM
Yet the religious leaders of said groups call them communities. You telling us they don't know what they are?
If so, that doesn't make them correct — or even relevant to this point — and it can be a lazy (or maybe intentionally derogatory) shorthand use of language.

There may be communities of like-minded Christians in discrete groups, even nearby each other, but does that make them a Christian community?

Plus misnaming can happen — the ipomoea batatas is called sweet potato, but it's part of the bindweed or morning glory family. On the other hand, regular potatoes (solanum tuberosum) are part of the nightshade family.

And this is true even though there are thousands of different types of both...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on August 04, 2022, 04:55:00 PM
There are certainly groups who share commons likes and dislikes, loves and hates, politics, religions, politics, prejudices, etc, etc.

But lumping people together because looking from the outside they have the same skin colour or attend the same religious centre (or none), is an idiot's way of defining their allegiances, honesty, patriotism, etc...
Yet the religious leaders of said groups call them communities. You telling us they don't know what they are?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 30, 2022, 11:02:03 PM
Strange then that the Tory candidate in Newport posted in ARSEbook that she hoped the Moslem community in pill would come out and vote for her. So she thinks there is one

Truth is round here there is no community, there are just groups of thugs with certain allegiances
There are certainly groups who share commons likes and dislikes, loves and hates, politics, religions, politics, prejudices, etc, etc.

But lumping people together because looking from the outside they have the same skin colour or attend the same religious centre (or none), is an idiot's way of defining their allegiances, honesty, patriotism, etc...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on July 30, 2022, 05:09:46 PM
Not wishing to be confrontational — I think you're falling into the trap any majority is in danger of doing.
Strange then that the Tory candidate in Newport posted in ARSEbook that she hoped the Moslem community in pill would come out and vote for her. So she thinks there is one

Truth is round here there is no community, there are just groups of thugs with certain allegiances 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on July 30, 2022, 01:46:46 PM
In 2009 the BNP membership list, giving around 12,000 names and addresses, was leaked.

I saw this list, but never owned a copy.

The list showed the highest concentrations of members were in Leicestershire, Lancashire, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire. But there were many at addresses in East Sussex, Wiltshire and Kent — not areas noted for being adversely affected by the race and immigration factors that concerned the BNP.

As Ukip awareness grew and its string of leaders voiced a selection of sentiments not too far removed from those of the BNP — but couched in softer tones — some Tunbridge Wells Blue rinse and Col Blimp types, began to believe that the party offered a "decent and more respectable" home for the views they held.

Before anyone jumps in with all guns blazing, I do not believe, nor am I saying, that all Ukip members or sympathisers are closet BNP supporters or hold similar views.

Nor do I believe, or have I said, that all Tory party members are totally concerned with ethnicity and skin colour...

I saw the list and still have a copy

I was a party member and wasn't on it. Come to think if it none of the people I knew from regional meetings were 

The list was released by someone from Northern Ireland.

It struck me as strange that we were not on it.

I don't know what that list was. I know what it wasn't. It wasn't an accurate list of party members.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on July 30, 2022, 05:09:46 PM
Not wishing to be confrontational — I think you're falling into the trap any majority is in danger of doing.

There is no Muslim community, any more than there is a Black community, a Jewish community, or a Christian community.

There are people who you may lump together because, in your eyes, they may share common characteristics. But within your classifications, there are groups that have fundamental and dividing differences...
Russophobia is very popular at the moment, but then I am sure you being such an expert have shown no signs.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 30, 2022, 03:12:47 PM
I get your point, but we have come to a point where, thanks to the likes of Diane Abacus, anyone having a view about something involving a non-white person is immediately racist and this is not true. You need to be able to identify the difference between the target and subject matter, something Abbot is unable to do. The Muslim community have honed their skills and know that once they get a toe hold in an area they can drive housing prices down by various means. The above would be seen by some as being racist which of course it's not, it's discussing a factual subject matter.

The point being, a certain area of Britain could have a justifiable reason for wanting rid of an ethnic group totally detached from the colour of their skin.

There is no Muslim community, any more than there is a Black community, a Jewish community, or a Christian community.

There are people who you may lump together because, in your eyes, they may share common characteristics. But within your classifications, there are groups that have fundamental and dividing differences...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 30, 2022, 01:46:46 PM
In 2009 the BNP membership list, giving around 12,000 names and addresses, was leaked.

The list showed the highest concentrations of members were in Leicestershire, Lancashire, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire. But there were many at addresses in East Sussex, Wiltshire and Kent — not areas noted for being adversely affected by the race and immigration factors that concerned the BNP.

As Ukip awareness grew and its string of leaders voiced a selection of sentiments not too far removed from those of the BNP — but couched in softer tones — some Tunbridge Wells Blue rinse and Col Blimp types, began to believe that the party offered a "decent and more respectable" home for the views they held.

Before anyone jumps in with all guns blazing, I do not believe, nor am I saying, that all Ukip members or sympathisers are closet BNP supporters or hold similar views.

Nor do I believe, or have I said, that all Tory party members are totally concerned with ethnicity and skin colour...
I get your point, but we have come to a point where, thanks to the likes of Diane Abacus, anyone having a view about something involving a non-white person is immediately racist and this is not true. You need to be able to identify the difference between the target and subject matter, something Abbot is unable to do. The Muslim community have honed their skills and know that once they get a toe hold in an area they can drive housing prices down by various means. The above would be seen by some as being racist which of course it's not, it's discussing a factual subject matter. 

The point being, a certain area of Britain could have a justifiable reason for wanting rid of an ethnic group totally detached from the colour of their skin.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 30, 2022, 12:14:33 PM
Have to disagree with that Pat, there was a world of difference between UKIP and the BNP. One had a reasonable crack at being a political party, the other was just a cesspit for dispicable creatures like Yaxley Lennon.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on July 30, 2022, 12:14:33 PM
Have to disagree with that Pat, there was a world of difference between UKIP and the BNP. One had a reasonable crack at being a political party, the other was just a cesspit for dispicable creatures like Yaxley Lennon.
One of them costed their policies.

The other was full of crackpots.

Admittedly UKIP didn't have any gay boys posing for dating sites in grubby underpants (the labour candidate I stood against did that, and apparently now leads an ethics committee !!) but the UKIP arse I got twice as many votes as was a swivel eyed loon of the highest order.

The BNP didn't have an MP the Tories threw out on suspicion of corrupt practice though.

And I admit it was BLOODY funny to see Farage defend it Ng his walking down the esplanade of some seaside town campaigning for an ex BNP candidate who joined UKIP. Apparently he joined BEFORE Farage imposed rules preventing ex BNP'ers  joining... At least that was Garages response ...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 29, 2022, 12:08:32 PM
Face it, a significant proportion of votes for Truss by Tory members will be cast by people who don't want a brown prime minister. Another forum that many here are familiar with (and/or members of) has posts that state such views.

These will be people with an outlook similar to those who moved to supporting Ukip, because it gave them a more respectable lodge for their views on immigration than the BNP...

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on July 29, 2022, 03:23:18 PM
How were you able to make that judgement while wearing the blinkers that you obviously share with Barry, if you don't mind me asking...?
Because you made unfounded accusations and assumptions of how people will vote with nothing to back it up but a chip on your shoulder 
Quote from: patman post on July 29, 2022, 02:44:34 PM

Claiming that 75 million Turkish people were poised to invade the UK while posing in front of a poster of middle-east migrants seem clear indications that race and ethnicity were being used as arguments for Brexit — even though they weren't applicable 
We have done that to death . Nobody said 75 million Turks would invade the UK , what was said was that the EU had made a deal with Turkey (visa free travel for stopping Syrians crossing the med )which  meant 75 Million Turks had access to the EU -UK .  So yes it was applicable 
That deal led to people from the middle east going  through the Balkans into Eastern Europe . The poster 'Europe isnt working' was with reference that the EU's open borders could not stop mass immigration from Asia.  Some  EU countries were even  encouraging it  . It was never about race it was about numbers .

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 29, 2022, 03:16:06 PM
It wasnt bait Barry it was a drive by shooting that needed  to be addressed
How were you able to make that judgement while wearing the blinkers that you obviously share with Barry, if you don't mind me asking...?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on July 29, 2022, 02:32:39 PM
You took the bait, which was a "Have you stopped beating your wife?" type post, meaning anyone who ever supported UKIP in their quest to leave the EU might get caught in a trap.
PP at his worst.
It wasnt bait Barry it was a drive by shooting that needed  to be addressed 

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 29, 2022, 02:24:07 PM
Having Khan as Mayor has made some of us a bit nervous of what power does to people from the sub continent that is rife with corruption
The Tory donor is attempting to sway peoples vote ,not on policy but on some imaginary race issue . As JoG says he should be thrown in the Thames 

What are you on about now Posty ?  UKIP were anti mass immigration for sure , on the most part from the EU enlargement  programme  of eastern Europe . Nothing to do with race at all . 
Khan is a terrible mayor. I'm not claiming he's corrupt — just useless.

Claiming that 75 million Turkish people were poised to invade the UK while posing in front of a poster of middle-east migrants seem clear indications that race and ethnicity were being used as arguments for Brexit — even though they weren't applicable.

And Sunak's brownness, will undoubtedly be a factor for a significant proportion of Tory party members as they vote for their new leader...