Achtung Achtung

Started by Nick, July 28, 2022, 06:15:02 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Ah but what if we cut off your power sheepy, no worries I have a completely off grid camper complete with heating hot water, lighting including tv and ever Amazon prime, so you can all frack off and freeze.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Nick

Quote from: Barry on July 28, 2022, 06:37:55 PM
I feel as if I have the right to say I told you so and be smug.
However, I can't honestly say I feel good that Germany are going downhill, or that the Union is going bad.
What I see is a massive instability which is not going to be good for anyone in Europe. It could just lead to even more financial chaos, but it could lead to war and there are no winners.
Energy crisis is real now, but wait until the winter. Just on a personal basis, we use up to 6 cubic metres of gas per day in winter, whereas in Summer it is about 1/10th of that for water heating.
I believe I reserve the right to be smug also, and again, I don't necessarily want the block to fail, just enough pain to acknowledge that a sovereign nation has the right to leave and expect a reasonable trade deal that satisfies both, not some vendetta. Or crash and burn 🔥. 

Another thing that would be nice is for the Remoaners to acknowledge that what is happening in the U.K., from Airport chaos to lack of restaurant staff is an international problem and has nothing to do with Brexit.
Image Brexit was a rotten tomato on the ground with all the Remoaners standing around just waiting for a sniff in order to say I told you so, and someone dumped a ton of manure on top of it. By the time the midden has been removed, that single rotten Tomato will be long gone, but Remainers will still remind us it's under there and blame everything under the Sun on it. 
Me I'm just a lawnmower, you can tell me by the way I walk!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on July 28, 2022, 07:25:56 PM
I agree. The EU is on borrowed time.

No worries Hallowed, I am in the middle of designing a heat exchanger that fits on the back of wood burner which using thermostatic control I can hook it up to the old heating system run a low voltage motor as a pump although not instantaneous heat it will as the burner warms up give me hot water for showers at least and maybe a couple of radiators, I can use an intelligent battery charger so will use very little power, if the Europeans are stuck I will let them build it under license. Which at the same time will offset any fuel I use in my turbo Volvo.

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: Nick on July 28, 2022, 06:15:02 PM
Nordstream1 is now down to 20% flow and my German colleagues, who let's face it know their own country, say they are up Sh*t Creek with out a paddle. Further comments like, now the U.K. isn't paying we are being asked to stump up even more. Along with the fact that W Germany is still paying repatriation tax to the what was E Germany and are now being asked to pay a 'Get the country back on its feet after Covid tax', who is keeping the EU alive, cause from what I am hearing Germany can't afford to any more and will soon turn Turtle and announce that the Almighty Union be declared defunct.
I agree. The EU is on borrowed time.

Barry

I feel as if I have the right to say I told you so and be smug.
However, I can't honestly say I feel good that Germany are going downhill, or that the Union is going bad.
What I see is a massive instability which is not going to be good for anyone in Europe. It could just lead to even more financial chaos, but it could lead to war and there are no winners.
Energy crisis is real now, but wait until the winter. Just on a personal basis, we use up to 6 cubic metres of gas per day in winter, whereas in Summer it is about 1/10th of that for water heating.

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Nordstream1 is now down to 20% flow and my German colleagues, who let's face it know their own country, say they are up Sh*t Creek with out a paddle. Further comments like, now the U.K. isn't paying we are being asked to stump up even more. Along with the fact that W Germany is still paying repatriation tax to the what was E Germany and are now being asked to pay a 'Get the country back on its feet after Covid tax', who is keeping the EU alive, cause from what I am hearing Germany can't afford to any more and will soon turn Turtle and announce that the Almighty Union be declared defunct. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.