Now, warm banks are proposed!!!

Started by patman post, July 29, 2022, 11:44:03 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 29, 2022, 01:27:05 PM
Why are local authorities getting involved ?  Everyone knows that if you need a warm up you can go into a public building or even sit on the circle line all day .

Councils would be better off running job clubs , even if its minimum wage your keeping warm and would earn enough to have a blast of heat when you get home . Last I heard spoons was crying out for staff ,if people  would rather drink free coffee  refills  all day and be a misserable sod thats their problem .
I think virtually every pub on the planet is crying out for staff, but having got a niece who works at a spoons, and says the staff are treated really well, maybe that's the first stop. Good old Tim. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 29, 2022, 01:27:05 PM
Why are local authorities getting involved ?  Everyone knows that if you need a warm up you can go into a public building or even sit on the circle line all day .

Councils would be better off running job clubs , even if its minimum wage your keeping warm and would earn enough to have a blast of heat when you get home . Last I heard spoons was crying out for staff ,if people  would rather drink free coffee  refills  all day and be a misserable sod thats their problem .
I only use four or so Wetherspoon pubs at all regularly — I think I'd prefer sitting in those all day rather than travelling the Circle Line.

Our local, Rochester Castle, even provides books and newspapers.

Not bad considering breakfast and an everlasting coffee can be under a fiver...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on July 29, 2022, 11:44:03 AM
Local authorities are planning food bank-style "warm banks" to heat residents who will be unable to afford soaring energy prices at home this winter . Money Saving Expert founder Martin Lewis has warned people will be forced to spend their days in libraries and other public buildings to cope with cold winter temperatures.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/councils-plan-food-bank-style-warm-banks-help-residents-survive/

Another social benefit that Wetherspoons' boss, Tim Martin, can claim his pub chain provides...

Councils would be better off running job clubs , even if its minimum wage your keeping warm and would earn enough to have a blast of heat when you get home . Last I heard spoons was crying out for staff ,if people  would rather drink free coffee  refills  all day and be a misserable sod thats their problem .

patman post

Local authorities are planning food bank-style "warm banks" to heat residents who will be unable to afford soaring energy prices at home this winter . Money Saving Expert founder Martin Lewis has warned people will be forced to spend their days in libraries and other public buildings to cope with cold winter temperatures.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/councils-plan-food-bank-style-warm-banks-help-residents-survive/

Another social benefit that Wetherspoons' boss, Tim Martin, can claim his pub chain provides...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...