What part of "brain stem dead" ...

Started by johnofgwent, August 03, 2022, 10:57:54 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on August 03, 2022, 11:11:34 AM
You can't blame a mother fighting on John.....that's what they do.

I had a close relative only fairly young have their life support shut down,don't disagree with the decision though some of the hospital staffs attitude was frankly crap.

From the interview she was doing yesterday it is clear that she is in utter denial of the reality.

Maybe someone needs to take her to one side and get her to understand some uncomfortable truths.

I remember the consultants with Emma's blastula development failure were making all sort of hopeful noises about the "possibility" of suturing the minimal amount of diaphragm she had and keeping her on one of these machines until it grew.

Someone was clearly chasing a postdoctoral research grant.

Fortunately I knew from others that this was BS so I could take the right decision

This time the doctors are telling the truth to the court but I suspect some of her lawyers are being briefed by doctors of less than clinical excellence.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on August 03, 2022, 11:11:34 AM

It must be pretty awful for the mother and father. When people attempt/commit suicide there is a lot of guilt put on those left behind and this may be driving her actions. Those actions are now coming to an end and she will have found no friends at the hospital, and her lawyer friends will be gone next week.
A bitter pill all round.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

I had a close relative only fairly young have their life support shut down,don't disagree with the decision though some of the hospital staffs attitude was frankly crap.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Look, I know it's tough..

I've been here twice, once holding a tiny white box for my brother, the second time holding a pickling jar.

But yesterday I heard, for the first time, the mother of the kid who is lying dead in all but name in an ICU bed having come off badly in some bloody stupid online challenge.

The kid is dead. He isn't coming back. Ironically if this woman's words are to carry any weight then they ought to turn the damn machine off and see if he still breathes.

Because he won't of course.

But this damn Blonde bimbo is blocking an ICU bed and greasing the palms of a dozen lawyers to no useful purpose whatever.

Time to have the cleaner vacuum the room using the only plug socket available ..

Anything else is a pointless waste of time and money and prolongs the inevitable and frankly makes it worse.

The lawyers involved here should be struck off for profiting from delusion 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>