Latest Chinese export - coronavirus COVID-19

Started by Barry, January 20, 2020, 06:19:29 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on October 28, 2020, 04:17:47 PM
Well it can't be Smurf because he is curtain twitching the neighbours. It could be Toots alter ego, in designer high heels and a petrol bomb in the right hand. While ballet dancing down the road.

Who Sir? Me Sir?

Sheepy

Well it can't be Smurf because he is curtain twitching the neighbours. It could be Toots alter ego, in designer high heels and a petrol bomb in the right hand. While ballet dancing down the road.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

DeppityDawg

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 28, 2020, 10:42:58 AM
Who is hiding under a bed?

I wondered that, there is no room under our bed due to the large amount of suitcases full of paperwork and photographs accumulated from elderly carking it, and it will take years to sort.
I have not been hiding anywhere, I am still shielding but that just means keeping away from people.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 28, 2020, 08:44:48 AM
Well, the "Umpty six billion people will die by next Wednesday if we don't all hide under the bed" society is also still alive....despite warning by us that Umpty six billion people would die by last Wednesday, and the Wednesday before that.
Who is hiding under a bed?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on October 28, 2020, 08:16:25 AMNo nobody has explained why so many countries are acting in the way they are,it is apparently all just a con trick and merely the sniffles (which was said right at the beginning) so the flat earth society is alive and well

Well, the "Umpty six billion people will die by next Wednesday if we don't all hide under the bed" society is also still alive....despite warning by us that Umpty six billion people would die by last Wednesday, and the Wednesday before that.

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on October 26, 2020, 12:25:12 PM
What no one has convincingly explained is why so many different countries are imposing isolation and tailored versions of lockdown and curfew if Covid is essentially harmless.

Infection rates are on the rise again in many places. Previous lockdowns and curfews slowed R before, so that strategy obviously works.

Rises occurred after restrictions were eased or lifted — though there is little coverage of the effects of some people ignoring recommendations and restrictions...
https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-the-papers-54714082
No nobody has explained why so many countries are acting in the way they are,it is apparently all just a con trick and merely the sniffles (which was said right at the beginning) so the flat earth society is alive and well.

Anyway the torygraph has done a front page on this and the only way to read is by using those awful people at the BBC and their website  ;)

Sheepy

Own up, who threw the petrol bombs at the German health ministry.

patman post

What no one has convincingly explained is why so many different countries are imposing isolation and tailored versions of lockdown and curfew if Covid is essentially harmless.

Infection rates are on the rise again in many places. Previous lockdowns and curfews slowed R before, so that strategy obviously works.

Rises occurred after restrictions were eased or lifted — though there is little coverage of the effects of some people ignoring recommendations and restrictions...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on October 26, 2020, 08:24:28 AM
You can if you say it is "based on the science".
Yeah well, science is busy, following the party line. So you can forget that one.

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on October 25, 2020, 10:18:40 PM
You don't declare a state of emergency and then say you made a mistake, Barry, so good luck with that one.
You can if you say it is "based on the science".
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

You don't declare a state of emergency and then say you made a mistake, Barry, so good luck with that one.

Barry

The Spanish have decided on another "estado de alarma" - state of emergency - over the Cv19 virus.
It didn't work the first time, so they are doing it again.
All the Guardia Civil fines and arrests, the mask wearing on the beaches, has not worked. The mask wearing, the social distancing, the banning of more than 6 in a group, has not worked in the UK. The virus IFR is 0.14%.
When will the governments realise they have made a mistake, apologise, and let people get back to normal?

tumbleweed....
† The end is nigh †