Latest Chinese export - coronavirus COVID-19

Started by Barry, January 20, 2020, 06:19:29 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=18510 time=1584176010 user_id=89
I was making a serious point. The government seems to have forgotten disabled vulnerable people in the planning for mitigating the effects of Covid-19.

I am in the process of packing for a two week holiday, that should cheer you up.

Aren't France on the verge of closing their borders?

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=18507 time=1584175693 user_id=50
Oh ffs  :roll:

Haven't you got a fecking shed to fix or something?

I was making a serious point. The government seems to have forgotten disabled vulnerable people in the planning for mitigating the effects of Covid-19.

I am in the process of packing for a two week holiday, that should cheer you up.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=18505 time=1584175412 user_id=89
Many a true word spoken in jest. (Sky news just did a report on it.)

Oh ffs  :roll:

Haven't you got a fecking shed to fix or something?

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=18504 time=1584175246 user_id=50
 Perhaps this is all a Tory plot to kill off the sick and disabled  :lol:

Many a true word spoken in jest. (Sky news just did a report on it.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=18472 time=1584120126 user_id=48
Ha and no response to my the Chinese not giving a toss about caring or public opinion,anyway old Tone told us Saddam had WMD's and that was a lie so excuse me if I don't believe everything govt tells us.

anyway here are you and Borchester in govt.

https://twitter.com/javierblas/status/1237492620588470272?s=12">//https://twitter.com/javierblas/status/1237492620588470272?s=12

What, you mean the bit about the Chinese not giving a shit? That's a subjective opinion, not a fact. Actually, I think they do. Western liberal democracies are their biggest export markets and golden goose, and without them their ruling elite and growing middle class have no grand dream to sell to the masses, at least for now or until other developing markets are big enough to absorb Chinese exports on the scale we do. So having spent the initial period pretending the virus didn't even exist, they got found out and reacted accordingly. Of course, none of this was done to assuage world opinion, only because they are a bunch of ****s  :roll:

As for governments lying, well is that to mean we should disbelieve everything they say, or just the bits that don't chime with our opinion? Sure, Blair's government may have lied, and others have too. I believe Blairs government did some good things too. I don't generally subscribe to binary choice opinions as a rule, that something is either good or bad at all times. Hey, you'll be starting to sound like smurf if you aren't careful. Perhaps this is all a Tory plot to kill off the sick and disabled  :lol:

T00ts

I went to the local supermarket yesterday evening and it was much busier than usual. I didn't manage to get some things so as I was awake early I went back soon after 6 this morning knowing that they usually restock overnight. It was still busy with some doing huge shops. I managed to get what I still needed but noticed that many of the shelves empty last night had not been restocked. No wonder people are panicking.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=18493 time=1584139444 user_id=48
I'd love for Boris,Borchester and DD to be right but I think not I can't see that all these different countries from liberal democracies,looney religious regimes Russia and China are all in a panic about nowt,doesn't add up.

Even Trump is having to eat his words and Putin is building emergency hospitals so I would think these two largely laid back macho blokes have been told or have seen something that has forced them to act. Although everyone fixes on 'the majority will have minor symptoms' it's the number of cases of serious pneumonia which is creating the meltdown. It's not only the old dying as has been repeatedly warned from Italy.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=18492 time=1584138898 user_id=51
There's always the army, Cromwell, they're not allowed to be sick.

I'd love for Boris,Borchester and DD to be right but I think not I can't see that all these different countries from liberal democracies,looney religious regimes Russia and China are all in a panic about nowt,doesn't add up.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

There's always the army, Cromwell, they're not allowed to be sick.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=18490 time=1584136955 user_id=48
Perhaps Barry but what happens when many of the few coppers we have get sick because of the policy here in the UK?

Breakdown of law & order.

Surely we will have all self isolated by that time so there will be no one left to commit any crimes?
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=18488 time=1584136043 user_id=51
I've changed my view on this, following hearing the government's scientific advisors.

What happens when China release the lockdown? The virus will accelerate again. They are not saving lives, they are ruining their economy.

Also, the UK does not have a totalitarian government, with police thugs to enforce any lockdown. People won't stand for that in this country without a very good reason.

Perhaps Barry but what happens when many of the few coppers we have get sick because of the policy here in the UK?

Breakdown of law & order.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=18468 time=1584116248 user_id=103
English local elections postponed for a year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51876269">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51876269

A sensible decision.

No it fvcking well isn't. Folk have fought for centuries for the right to elect their local representatives. You don't throw that away because granddad has come down with a cold. Jesus Christ, I have seen voters carried into polling stations on stretchers and now the elections have been cancelled because a few ball less bastards are afraid of catching a snotty nose.

What the fvck is happening to this country?
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=18448 time=1584099670 user_id=103
If we introduce stringent restrictions amounting to lockdown or even near lockdown, that would drastically reduce the opportunities that covid-19 has to pass from individual to individual. In China today there are only 21 new cases and only 8 deaths and this has been the trend for some days now. It can't be a case of the virus simply dying out naturally, otherwise we wouldn't have the growing pandemic elsewhere.

I've changed my view on this, following hearing the government's scientific advisors.

What happens when China release the lockdown? The virus will accelerate again. They are not saving lives, they are ruining their economy.

Also, the UK does not have a totalitarian government, with police thugs to enforce any lockdown. People won't stand for that in this country without a very good reason.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=18472 time=1584120126 user_id=48
Ha and no response to my the Chinese not giving a toss about caring or public opinion,anyway old Tone told us Saddam had WMD's and that was a lie so excuse me if I don't believe everything govt tells us.

anyway here are you and Borchester in govt.

https://twitter.com/javierblas/status/1237492620588470272?s=12">//https://twitter.com/javierblas/status/1237492620588470272?s=12

Damn it all, that is the way to handle the matter  :D
Algerie Francais !

Scott777

Very informative.  Here's the problem - the difference between Coronavirus and the flu is that people with the flu know more or less that they have it.  But people with Coronavirus do not know if it's flu or cold or what, and are unlikely to even report it.  So the actual figure of Coronavirus could be way higher than we know, and they are all with mild symptoms.  I was ill for 13 days, tailing off at the end, and right now am at the final stage of recovery.  It was very mild, but unusual.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.