Latest Chinese export - coronavirus COVID-19

Started by Barry, January 20, 2020, 06:19:29 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Well looking at it DD has got the hump and like Alf Garnet has buggered off down the pub,despite evidence to the contrary Nick and Borchester think it's no worse than a cold or flu (it is IMO) but it matters little  who is right or wrong other than I hope they are right.

Me I've had a bad feeling about this from the start I'm worried about me and mine (selfish sod) smurfy meanwhile is tinkering with his barbie and bog,Byt is stocking up at the offie,Barry has disinfected cloth in hand,SW is worried about his golf handicap Wiggles that he might get ill and be looked after by a trans gender nurse and T00ts just wants to see the best in everybody,oh forgot Jog he's in his lab working on some fiendish antidote.

Have I missed anybody else.....my apologies and thinking on it the pub looks good whose round is it?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=18413 time=1584032168 user_id=48
There you go then,buy shares in a brewery  :-P

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/coronavirus-will-bankrupt-more-people-than-it-kills-%E2%80%94-and-thats-the-real-global-emergency/ar-BB113a3n?ocid=spartanntp">https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavi ... spartanntp">https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/coronavirus-will-bankrupt-more-people-than-it-kills-—-and-thats-the-real-global-emergency/ar-BB113a3n?ocid=spartanntp

The (not) Independent isn't my favourite, but it sums up the disaster unfolding in front of us if we continue to call for close down of society (and hence demand for goods and services) like this. Those demanding draconian "action" better be careful what we wish for.

Quote"Coronavirus's economic danger is exponentially greater that its health risk to the public. If the virus does directly affect your life, it is most likely to be through stopping you going to work, forcing your employer to make you redundant, or bankrupting your business"

Read about Italy. Its already a basket case, and its hard not to see how virtually stalling its stuttering economy won't push it over the edge and take the rest of Europe (and the UK too) with it.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=18416 time=1584038215 user_id=48
So you think I was being a bit harsh on him  :D

I'd prefer they say look we don't have a clue than feed us crap.

I genuinely think they are taking very measured steps. They may have it wrong, but you know, we are all human, so we have given them a job and they are doing their best. Will I follow the advice? Possibly not. I have not been out since Sunday but I will shop to morrow but I wait til the evening when it is normally much emptier. We can only listen to the argument and if we feel intelligent enough to make a decision, make our choice. It's all any of us can do including the poor chaps at the top trying to make the right calls. I wouldn't swap with them.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=18415 time=1584034871 user_id=54
Just watching Cobra update now and must say I have often found BJ a bit of a clown. Not here he isn't. He strikes me as a man who admits he doesn't have a handle on this at all and his deference to the experts on both sides is actually quite reassuring.  Those men are very measured and concise and appear to be very open with their thoughts and reasons and admit where they have only guestimates to fall on.

The peak could be 10-14 weeks away at present analysis and sick/elderly will need to lock down for perhaps 14 weeks = 7 on either side of this peak.

I admire the way these chaps are approaching this it is very mature, concerned and clear. They are not suggesting that they have all the answers now but admit they can only update as more info comes to hand. We are now on delay rather than contain mode.

So you think I was being a bit harsh on him  :D

I'd prefer they say look we don't have a clue than feed us crap.

T00ts

Just watching Cobra update now and must say I have often found BJ a bit of a clown. Not here he isn't. He strikes me as a man who admits he doesn't have a handle on this at all and his deference to the experts on both sides is actually quite reassuring.  Those men are very measured and concise and appear to be very open with their thoughts and reasons and admit where they have only guestimates to fall on.

The peak could be 10-14 weeks away at present analysis and sick/elderly will need to lock down for perhaps 14 weeks = 7 on either side of this peak.

I admire the way these chaps are approaching this it is very mature, concerned and clear. They are not suggesting that they have all the answers now but admit they can only update as more info comes to hand. We are now on delay rather than contain mode.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=18413 time=1584032168 user_id=48

The trouble is, all the brewers are part of restaurant and hotel chains. So while Deppity is doing his bit for England by drinking his liver away, even the bloody chip shops are under the cosh. Amazingly, even Reckitt Benckiser  is heading down the Swanee and they should be coining it because they make make Lemsip.

This Coronavirus is not going to be as much fun as I thought.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=18410 time=1584029653 user_id=50
Well guys, the Dow Jones and the FTSE are now down almost 18% in less than five DAYS. That is worse than 2008.

In 6 months time, when the economy is on its knees, we'll resurrect this thread. We'll have plenty of time after all, because most of us will be unemployed by then.

For feck sake, I'm going down the pub.

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Quote from: cromwell post_id=18409 time=1584029626 user_id=48
So we're a herd now,ok but not to put too fine a point on it Boris is a wanker IMO.

Now's his chance to prove he's not.  He needs to do what's right by the nation to protect us all, or as many of us as is possible, and to do it quick.

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=18410 time=1584029653 user_id=50

Where you should have been earlier. All the best ideas are hatched over a pint and a fag. How can the economy be kept afloat when the country is ridden with Lemsip and decaffeinated Skinny Lattes?
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Well guys, the Dow Jones and the FTSE are now down almost 18% in less than five DAYS. That is worse than 2008.

In 6 months time, when the economy is on its knees, we'll resurrect this thread. We'll have plenty of time after all, because most of us will be unemployed by then.

cromwell

So we're a herd now,ok but not to put too fine a point on it Boris is a wanker IMO.

T00ts

There is always one. An Italian wears his social distancing disc.

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2020/03/12/3994792825776619239/636x382_MP4_3994792825776619239.mp4">//https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2020/03/12/3994792825776619239/636x382_MP4_3994792825776619239.mp4

Bless him!

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=18405 time=1584023922 user_id=89
Regional seats of government bunkers left over from the cold war still exist, but most are in a bad state of repair.

Do we really care if they are comfortable of not?  :kikass:

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=18402 time=1584022805 user_id=62

But go into your local betting office. It is always full of folk coughing and spluttering and farting and nipping outside for a quick fag because smoking is compulsory in such places. But somehow the patrons always come back.regardless of whatever bug is in fashion. So maybe the best idea might be to isolate coronavirus victims in the nearest branch of William Hill?

Whenever I go past a betting shop they appear to be deserted.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=18398 time=1584021332 user_id=103
Hopefully there is a bunker because government will need to operate -

Regional seats of government bunkers left over from the cold war still exist, but most are in a bad state of repair.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe