Latest Chinese export - coronavirus COVID-19

Started by Barry, January 20, 2020, 06:19:29 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

It's the talking point wherever you go. A bit depressing, really, but it is what it is. 💩💩💩
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Bugger.

This never works.

Can someone do the honours and post this Youtube video? Many thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vQkd2vUiIA">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vQkd2vUiIA
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

No..

Panic buy your own ...

https://www.clearo2.com/product-category/oxygen/">https://www.clearo2.com/product-category/oxygen/
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=18246 time=1583773967 user_id=103
COVID19 is a serious matter and there's a real risk that it could lead to thousands of deaths and many times more seriously ill here in UK if it's not brought under control.  Anyone who takes a flippant and or cynical view on this is several weeks behind the curve.  I remember there was so-called scaremongering over SARS some years ago and that was brought under control in the early stages and never got to UK.  But this new coronavirus has got here and so it's our problem as well as everybody else's.

I agree entirely. We should be closing down schools, flights, large groups of people immediately.

In the last seven days the number infected has gone from 40 (mostly confined) to 321 (many in the wild) and in a week's time it will probably be over 2,400 with over 20 dying each day. Italy had lost control at that point and we know when we get to 2000 we will have lost the plot.

Italy had the number of infections we have now on Feb 25, less than 2 weeks ago.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=18253 time=1583776270 user_id=63
Fair points. Of course, I still have a cylinder of medical oxygen and know how to use it.

Can I borrow it?  :fpigs:

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts post_id=18251 time=1583775743 user_id=54
That's amazing of course but with this thing it seems to me that by the time you are feeling bad enough to call an ambulance you are too late. If you haven't got the lung capacity to get enough oxygen before your organs fail, and the dear NHS doesn't have enough facilities to accommodate you then you might as well just stay home until someone notices you're a bit quiet.

What they are not telling us is exactly at which point medical intervention is necessary. I just wonder why. In a way I know my lungs pretty well and have experienced similar symptoms before but I just wonder how many others or their families will recognise them.

Fair points. Of course, I still have a cylinder of medical oxygen and know how to use it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=18250 time=1583775061 user_id=63
I survived measles  mumps, smallpox (yes, really)

I survived a ten litre solution of cow sh*t bacteria giving me a shower after a ten floor drop down a stairwell giving me the shits and a weight loss from ten stone to eight and a half stone

I've survived atrial fibrillation and two blue and two trips by ambulance, and an absolute shitload more.

If some god damned chinky biological weapon thinks it's going to take me down its got another goddamn think coming. Us Vikings were perfecting the art of war long before them.

Bring it on.

That's amazing of course but with this thing it seems to me that by the time you are feeling bad enough to call an ambulance you are too late. If you haven't got the lung capacity to get enough oxygen before your organs fail, and the dear NHS doesn't have enough facilities to accommodate you then you might as well just stay home until someone notices you're a bit quiet.

What they are not telling us is exactly at which point medical intervention is necessary. I just wonder why. In a way I know my lungs pretty well and have experienced similar symptoms before but I just wonder how many others or their families will recognise them.

johnofgwent

I survived measles  mumps, smallpox (yes, really)

I survived a ten litre solution of cow shit bacteria giving me a shower after a ten floor drop down a stairwell giving me the shits and a weight loss from ten stone to eight and a half stone

I've survived atrial fibrillation and two blue and two trips by ambulance, and an absolute shitload more.

If some god damned chinky biological weapon thinks it's going to take me down its got another goddamn think coming. Us Vikings were perfecting the art of war long before them.

Bring it on.

cromwell

It seems to me that the economy is being put above the well being of the population,I don't trust boris at all on this.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

I'm just watching the PM's news conference and suddenly I have lost confidence. One of the reporters questioned the numbers likely to need hospitalisation but they fudged the answer. I understand that the economy can't be shut down for an endless amount of time but I can't help feel that they are going to take it right to the wire.

Hyperduck Quack Quack

COVID19 is a serious matter and there's a real risk that it could lead to thousands of deaths and many times more seriously ill here in UK if it's not brought under control.  Anyone who takes a flippant and or cynical view on this is several weeks behind the curve.  I remember there was so-called scaremongering over SARS some years ago and that was brought under control in the early stages and never got to UK.  But this new coronavirus has got here and so it's our problem as well as everybody else's.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=18242 time=1583770381 user_id=89
If it doesn't I am coming back to haunt people.

What do you mean coming back to haunt us,you already do  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=18242 time=1583770381 user_id=89
If it doesn't I am coming back to haunt people.

:shock:  :o  :lol:

We've decided not to go dancing on Thursday. We'll perhaps give it a miss for the time being.
† The end is nigh †