Latest Chinese export - coronavirus COVID-19

Started by Barry, January 20, 2020, 06:19:29 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

What is laughable is the "wash your hands" government propaganda.

I have no problem at home, I fitted 1/4 turn elbow operated "hospital" type taps years ago.

Outside of the house in my experience washing my hands hygienically is next to impossible. Either the only running water is your own, or there is no hot water, and or the self shutting of taps don't run for twenty seconds, and or there are no paper towels and/or the electric hand dryer is broken. then you have to use a door handle to get out.

Currently not a problem as I have a small supply of medicated hand wipes, which are now as rare as rocking horse poo and unicorns to buy a new supply as is 80% alcohol hand gel.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

If we self isolate I suppose we can always get food by ordering online from one of the big supermarkets. Then, as you sign the chit for the delivery, because he can't take time off (he'll be too poor), the delivery driver can cough and splutter his way over you. Urgh!  :barf:
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=17965 time=1583314390 user_id=54
Poor lamb! I wonder how many of today's children will have mental health problems as they grow up on the back of her campaign.

Well I saw a picture of her addressing an EU gathering whilst they all nodded and smiled in agreement,when her bubble bursts and it will I suspect she'll be hit hard.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=17964 time=1583313770 user_id=48
Well as you sing happy birthday twice whilst washing your hands (as per advice) picture Gretas disapproving look because you're wasting precious water and killing the planet by having it hot too. :lol:

Poor lamb! I wonder how many of today's children will have mental health problems as they grow up on the back of her campaign.

cromwell

Well as you sing happy birthday twice whilst washing your hands (as per advice) picture Gretas disapproving look because you're wasting precious water and killing the planet by having it hot too. :lol:

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=17962 time=1583312028 user_id=53
Blimey that's gone up , I could have had the flu jab before Christmas  at my local chemist for a tenner . Having never had the flu I didn't bother but ended up with a dose of it late January . Sore throat , cough , fever sort of thing .  :o

Anyway Ive been self isolating since December so your all safe .

I was watching the telly the other night and they were on about washing your hands ect ,the news team were in a pub and talking about personal hygine , no touching anything public and make sure ......Jesus I only came in for a pint .....you wash your hands  ,no coughing when you come back in from having a smoke  ,no shaking hands and no fighting .

It dawned on me  :idea:  Why do the  toilet doors always open inwards so you have to grab the handle to get out . Surly the most hygenic option would be for them to open out so you can wash your hands while singing God save the Queen and then put your shoulder into the door on your way back to the bar .

I mentioned this to the good lady  and she says she just waits till someone comes in . I always wondered why she was gone for ever .

Have a tissue and use that or lift your coat/skirt or whatever else will reach. Then all you have to do is wash your clothes!  I did a big shop and will stay put. According to yesterday's info I only need self imprisonment for about 6 months! Ho Hum!  :roll:

Streetwalker

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=17949 time=1583260807 user_id=70
The flu shot won't protect you from coronavirus. But if you get your flu shot, you may be less worried if you start sneezing. And it's not too late — flu season can last through May. Having a flu jab may also keep you in better health and more able to deal with any other bug that comes along.

I notice Boots is offering a private Pneumonia Vaccination Service (it protects against 13 of the most common strains of Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria) for £70.00...

https://www.boots.com/health-pharmacy-advice/vaccinations/pneumonia-vaccination-service?&cm_mmc=bmm-buk-google-ppc-_-tactical-_-Pneumonia+Vaccination-_-Boots+-+Generic+-+Pneumonia+Vaccs+-+BMM&gclid=CjwKCAiAnfjyBRBxEiwA-EECLN26uz5SWJhyMeRe1LPC0QUw8Q2RDRXurx0QvKDLYdjINNJFTrckHBoCEaMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds">https://www.boots.com/health-pharmacy-a ... lsrc=aw.ds">https://www.boots.com/health-pharmacy-advice/vaccinations/pneumonia-vaccination-service?&cm_mmc=bmm-buk-google-ppc-_-tactical-_-Pneumonia+Vaccination-_-Boots+-+Generic+-+Pneumonia+Vaccs+-+BMM&gclid=CjwKCAiAnfjyBRBxEiwA-EECLN26uz5SWJhyMeRe1LPC0QUw8Q2RDRXurx0QvKDLYdjINNJFTrckHBoCEaMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Blimey that's gone up , I could have had the flu jab before Christmas  at my local chemist for a tenner . Having never had the flu I didn't bother but ended up with a dose of it late January . Sore throat , cough , fever sort of thing .  :o

Anyway Ive been self isolating since December so your all safe .

I was watching the telly the other night and they were on about washing your hands ect ,the news team were in a pub and talking about personal hygine , no touching anything public and make sure ......Jesus I only came in for a pint .....you wash your hands  ,no coughing when you come back in from having a smoke  ,no shaking hands and no fighting .

It dawned on me  :idea:  Why do the  toilet doors always open inwards so you have to grab the handle to get out . Surly the most hygenic option would be for them to open out so you can wash your hands while singing God save the Queen and then put your shoulder into the door on your way back to the bar .

I mentioned this to the good lady  and she says she just waits till someone comes in . I always wondered why she was gone for ever .

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=17956 time=1583265677 user_id=48
Would I fly now? No but then I didn't before,only been on an aeroplane 3 times,I like them......when I'm on the ground.

Quite.

I bloody well loathe flying. And I not that keen on travelling either. But Madam is so that is me told. And I am not worried about a few bugs. But God in Heaven, even if it is the Black Death with bells on, surely we owe it to ourselves not to run around like frightened children
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts post_id=17896 time=1583169380 user_id=54
That seems to be the problem. You don't know and nor does anyone else. If it was you may well have passed it on. Incubation is such a long time. It's very difficult.

Actually the reported symptoms of this are rather different from the raging flu that I had starting ten and finishing six days ago. The reported symptoms of this are a high fever and difficulty breathing as a direct result of its attack on the lungs. The flu has a whole shitload of other things instead of that lung problem. If you're coughing gunge up and a river of snot is stuck in your nostrils it ain't this.

Details at https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51048366">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51048366
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Would I fly now? No but then I didn't before,only been on an aeroplane 3 times,I like them......when I'm on the ground.

cromwell

The NHS is well prepared says both Boris an Nicola,bollocks methinks as last data I looked at about a fortnight ago states most hospitals at 96% capacity some at 100% meaning not much room at the inn.

If this takes off and I reckon it might then it will be bad,especially for us oldies  :o

patman post

Quote from: Nick post_id=17953 time=1583261984 user_id=73
You firstly have to define essential.

If someone hasn't had a holiday for 30 years and saved every penny to afford to go and see their brother in Australia. Is this essential?  :mrgreen:

On the information given, no...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: Barry post_id=17907 time=1583188453 user_id=51
I think it might be too late, but I think all but essential travel on aircraft should be banned, immediately.

As PP said, aircraft are notorious as Petri dishes for bacteria and viruses, so the possibility of an unknown carrier infecting 100 or more flyers is high.

Either the government take this seriously, or they don't.

You firstly have to define essential.

If someone hasn't had a holiday for 30 years and saved every penny to afford to go and see their brother in Australia. Is this essential?  :mrgreen:
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Many low paid workers will no be able to self  isolate unless the government takes action  relater petition:-

https://speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/corona-virus?utm_campaign=speakout_campaign_7199&utm_medium=email&utm_source=thank_you">https://speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campa ... =thank_you">https://speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/corona-virus?utm_campaign=speakout_campaign_7199&utm_medium=email&utm_source=thank_you
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=17908 time=1583188662 user_id=53
I don't know that one virus would make another worse . I think we need a medical input on that one . Im guessing your  unlikely to catch a second virus as whos going to come near you if you are coughing and sneezing and at home in your fartsack ?

The flu shot won't protect you from coronavirus. But if you get your flu shot, you may be less worried if you start sneezing. And it's not too late — flu season can last through May. Having a flu jab may also keep you in better health and more able to deal with any other bug that comes along.

I notice Boots is offering a private Pneumonia Vaccination Service (it protects against 13 of the most common strains of Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria) for £70.00...

https://www.boots.com/health-pharmacy-advice/vaccinations/pneumonia-vaccination-service?&cm_mmc=bmm-buk-google-ppc-_-tactical-_-Pneumonia+Vaccination-_-Boots+-+Generic+-+Pneumonia+Vaccs+-+BMM&gclid=CjwKCAiAnfjyBRBxEiwA-EECLN26uz5SWJhyMeRe1LPC0QUw8Q2RDRXurx0QvKDLYdjINNJFTrckHBoCEaMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds">https://www.boots.com/health-pharmacy-a ... lsrc=aw.ds">https://www.boots.com/health-pharmacy-advice/vaccinations/pneumonia-vaccination-service?&cm_mmc=bmm-buk-google-ppc-_-tactical-_-Pneumonia+Vaccination-_-Boots+-+Generic+-+Pneumonia+Vaccs+-+BMM&gclid=CjwKCAiAnfjyBRBxEiwA-EECLN26uz5SWJhyMeRe1LPC0QUw8Q2RDRXurx0QvKDLYdjINNJFTrckHBoCEaMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...