Latest Chinese export - coronavirus COVID-19

Started by Barry, January 20, 2020, 06:19:29 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14560 time=1580288625 user_id=54
I find it all quite depressing. I am normally a terrible news junky but suddenly I am fed up to the back teeth with the constant negativity and bad news, so I'm on a bit of a detox right now. Do I feel better? Not yet.

Oh cheer up,T00ts if our numbers up we've had a reasonable innings haven't we?

Anyway you've the security of your beliefs,for me it's oblivion.....not that I'll know anyway :lol:
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=14559 time=1580287857 user_id=48
Because I'm afraid T00ts our politicians are usually more concerned with their image than responsibility.

Whilst others were formulating plans we were giving out leaflets,the Australians and US are evacuating their nationals.

Those returning to Australia will be held on a former detention centre on an island till clear,the US in a hangar on return similarly.

We are considering an airlift,I hope it's well planned.

Harsh though it may seem I think they should've been left in situ but I reckon it's all too late,if it is as bad as is not being reported I reckon they cannot stop the spread and it's probably here by now.........cheerful aren't I?

I find it all quite depressing. I am normally a terrible news junky but suddenly I am fed up to the back teeth with the constant negativity and bad news, so I'm on a bit of a detox right now. Do I feel better? Not yet.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14558 time=1580287190 user_id=54
Does anyone else feel they are living in slow motion? In this age of world wide instant communication and information, how long has it taken for arrangements to be made for our nationals to be rescued? How long has it taken for intelligent medical information to be given out to those who fear they might be infected? Perhaps it's just me, but once again I am disappointed by Government responses and their ability to do anything with anything remotely resembling speed. Why do we have such clay feet?

Because I'm afraid T00ts our politicians are usually more concerned with their image than responsibility.

Whilst others were formulating plans we were giving out leaflets,the Australians and US are evacuating their nationals.

Those returning to Australia will be held on a former detention centre on an island till clear,the US in a hangar on return similarly.

We are considering an airlift,I hope it's well planned.

Harsh though it may seem I think they should've been left in situ but I reckon it's all too late,if it is as bad as is not being reported I reckon they cannot stop the spread and it's probably here by now.........cheerful aren't I?

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=14557 time=1580286796 user_id=48
And now BA suspends all flights to and from mainland China

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51292590">//https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51292590

Does anyone else feel they are living in slow motion? In this age of world wide instant communication and information, how long has it taken for arrangements to be made for our nationals to be rescued? How long has it taken for intelligent medical information to be given out to those who fear they might be infected? Perhaps it's just me, but once again I am disappointed by Government responses and their ability to do anything with anything remotely resembling speed. Why do we have such clay feet?

cromwell

And now BA suspends all flights to and from mainland China

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51292590">//https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51292590

cromwell

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=14548 time=1580265443 user_id=74
You people who insult me would never handle it if I told you what I really think. You also want to learn to spell the word as well before using it like you do.

Well so far we've had to handle the mysogony and you talking down to us,giving us lessons on everything from A to Z.

You imagine you broke the forum when it was in fact being updated and despite you doing that and hanging a label on the man of wet weekend who was in fact doing that update and by whose work you are able to post on this forum  you seem oblivious to it all content on your superiority to those you regard as lesser mortals.

Were you to show a little more respect to the female of the species and the species in general on here maybe you'd receive some by return.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: cromwell post_id=14542 time=1580253009 user_id=48
See Barry is being polite because he usually is,I am too usually not withstanding being a mod.

If anyone were a wet weekend then you are a bloody tsunami of mysogony and purveyor of unsubstantiated crap.

There is another poster here blunt and tells it as it is who has recently described you with great accuracy,he is however twice the the man you'll ever be and a knowledgeable poster to boot.

Have a nice day  :hattip

You people who insult me would never handle it if I told you what I really think. You also want to learn to spell the word as well before using it like you do.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

T00ts

I do just wonder if we are being told the real numbers. Just over 100 reported deaths yet China is throwing up 3 maybe 4 hospitals in a hurry. If the death percentage is that low why the terror? If so far they don't know how to treat this virus then are people recovering or are there 1000s of poor folk at death's door? None of it makes any sense to me, but then that's not unusual.

cromwell

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=14539 time=1580251418 user_id=74
What a wet weekend you are. Look up the meaning of the word allegation before you use it in future.

See Barry is being polite because he usually is,I am too usually not withstanding being a mod.

If anyone were a wet weekend then you are a bloody tsunami of mysogony and purveyor of unsubstantiated crap.

There is another poster here blunt and tells it as it is who has recently described you with great accuracy,he is however twice the the man you'll ever be and a knowledgeable poster to boot.

Have a nice day  :hattip

Barry

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=14539 time=1580251418 user_id=74
What a wet weekend you are.

It's Tuesday, of course, but I wouldn't expect you to know what day of the week it is.

I've decided to disengage from contact and debate with you, if I can control myself. Good night.   :hattip
† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Barry post_id=14526 time=1580242064 user_id=51
My point is that you have made an allegation against the USA without any basis apart from mental musings.

I don't need to refute something which is baseless, simply point out that it is baseless rubbish. It's for you to prove the allegation, and you cannot.

What a wet weekend you are. Look up the meaning of the word allegation before you use it in future.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Barry post_id=14532 time=1580243847 user_id=51
This looks much more deadly:

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30">//https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

Well there you are. A bottle of brandy and a couple of aspirins will cure most things. And if they don't then the good Lord has decided that our time is up and who are we to argue with that?

But religion and politics are dangerous.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

This looks much more deadly:

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30">//https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

One hundred and six?

The mortality rate is higher in the Kilburn High Road when the police clear the pubs on Friday night.

What the feck is going on. A few poor sods have been killed by the Peking Flu and the rest of world is running around like blue arsed flies  and acting as though it were an outbreak of the Black Death.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

My point is that you have made an allegation against the USA without any basis apart from mental musings.

I don't need to refute something which is baseless, simply point out that it is baseless rubbish. It's for you to prove the allegation, and you cannot.
† The end is nigh †