So, what was the point of Brexit?

Started by Sheepy, August 05, 2022, 08:52:12 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 10, 2023, 09:10:10 AM
You're talking utter garbage.
I know you won't cause you're a snake in the grass, but show where someone has been arrested for being diverted to the USA. NOT someone who is wanted by the police in the States.
Nick it is shown on near daily basis on a Freeview channel that features immigration/customs from various USA airports and border crossing, plus others from Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Eire, and Britain.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 10, 2023, 08:38:10 AM
Nick yet again I am not responsible for your ignorance. It is still happens on a regular basis. (That you are unaware is your problem, it gets more than enough of a public airing.)
You're talking utter garbage. 
I know you won't cause you're a snake in the grass, but show where someone has been arrested for being diverted to the USA. NOT someone who is wanted by the police in the States. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 10, 2023, 08:34:53 AM
Absolute rubbish. 
Nick yet again I am not responsible for your ignorance. It is still happens on a regular basis. (That you are unaware is your problem, it gets more than enough of a public airing.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 10, 2023, 08:24:06 AM
If you don't have a Visa for the US and get off of the plane you will be.
Absolute rubbish. A visa or ESTA is used to cross a border and the border is passport control, not the threshold of a plane. If you're on a USA bound flight you'll have your docs checked at the gate before you board and an ICTS sticker stuck on your passport, if you're diverted to the States you will be dealt with by the airline and most likely put on another plane to your destination without ever going anywhere near customs and border forces. You're talking out of your backside and as usual won't admit you're wrong. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 09, 2023, 10:44:24 PM
And apparently you get arrested in the US if your flight gets diverted to the states lol
If you don't have a Visa for the US and get off of the plane you will be.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 09, 2023, 09:30:21 PM
Its simple for 40 or so countries because over the yrs they have agreed simple processes between them. For other countries, and prior to ESTA, getting into the USA is a pain. I remember going in 1988, prior to ESTA on a 3 month trip. That was a very lengthy process and did involve an interview, proof of funds and proof from an employer I had a job to come home to. Today, there are over 150 countries globally that have to do that travelling to the USA.
And apparently you get arrested in the US if your flight gets diverted to the states lol

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on January 09, 2023, 09:22:56 PM
Ah ok, can be read either way.
My point was to PS that applying for most visa's is very simple from the U.K., but as usual it is all a big fuss when ever he is involved, even though he's never been to the USA.
Its simple for 40 or so countries because over the yrs they have agreed simple processes between them. For other countries, and prior to ESTA, getting into the USA is a pain. I remember going in 1988, prior to ESTA on a 3 month trip. That was a very lengthy process and did involve an interview, proof of funds and proof from an employer I had a job to come home to. Today, there are over 150 countries globally that have to do that travelling to the USA.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 09, 2023, 09:15:30 PM
I lived in the states for a short time.
If you read my post the interview is for the UK travel visa, the UK system is not called ESTA. The USA ESTA system is a doddle, takes mins to fill out. The UK one is a length process, designed to exclude Asylum seekers.
If you couldn't complete the ESTA application in Mins then there's something wrong.
Ah ok, can be read either way. 
My point was to PS that applying for most visa's is very simple from the U.K., but as usual it is all a big fuss when ever he is involved, even though he's never been to the USA. 

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on January 09, 2023, 08:33:22 PM
You are making your self look such a fool Gerry, you're either making it up as you go along or you can't read. Which is it? And you immediately contradict yourself by saying it took munutes

I applied for one last Friday at about 9am and had it approved by lunch with a travel date of 11th and you don't need an interview. It's the same for Ireland so I must assume you've never been to the states.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visa-waiver-program.html

I lived in the states for a short time.
If you read my post the interview is for the UK travel visa, the UK system is not called ESTA. The USA ESTA system is a doddle, takes mins to fill out. The UK one is a length process, designed to exclude Asylum seekers.
If you couldn't complete the ESTA application in Mins then there's something wrong.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 09, 2023, 08:15:56 PM
For the UK you must apply at least 3 months before you travel and you must appear for an interview.

I did an ESTA a number of yrs ago, It took mins, I certainly don't remember digging out all my travel for 10 yrs or parents details, my earnings.
You are making your self look such a fool Gerry, you're either making it up as you go along or you can't read. Which is it? And you immediately contradict yourself by saying it took munutes

I applied for one last Friday at about 9am and had it approved by lunch with a travel date of 11th and you don't need an interview. It's the same for Ireland so I must assume you've never been to the states.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visa-waiver-program.html

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on January 08, 2023, 02:38:44 PMFor an ESTA you have to give the same information apart from how much your trip costs and who paid for it. You don't have an ESTA interview, you do it online and it costs about £17. 
The ESTA is a simple and quick process. But only applies to about 40 countries. Other countries the people have to go through a very lengthy process, like the UK one.
For the UK you must apply at least 3 months before you travel and you must appear for an interview. That could be in a different country, most likely in a different town/country. No guarantee all your family would get an interview on the same day, that could be very expensive.
I did an ESTA a number of yrs ago, It took mins, I certainly don't remember digging out all my travel for 10 yrs or parents details, my earnings. Listing any offences, my employers details, who's paying for my trip. Do you have to do all that now ? 
Quote from: Nick on January 08, 2023, 02:38:44 PMThe only people who can't use it are those who have a criminal record in the States, so either PS has a record in the states or he is talking bollox as usual. 
Is that relevant, the point was the UK have a system to block asylum seekers. Unless you are on an special list, like Ukraine is, they you can't effectively apply. It doesn't say they outright but the way it's structured it makes it pretty clear that is the intent.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2023, 03:40:32 PM
No BS involved it is merely your long term ignorance of current affairs yet again.
That you can't back up with any evidence. 0.05% of people are refused entry to the US by air. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 09, 2023, 03:14:47 PM
Usual BS response, not even worth debating with you.
No BS involved it is merely your long term ignorance of current affairs yet again. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2023, 03:08:00 PM
Nick it was such a frequent occurrence a few years ago, the cases were national TV and newspaper news on a regular basis.

It is not my fault you appear never to have kept up with the news. (There is also a regular program on Freeview TV about customs and immigration from various countries and I would not go to  the USA for a bet, too many people being led away in handcuffs from international airports in the USA.)
Usual BS response, not even worth debating with you. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 09, 2023, 02:48:48 PM
Either prove your point our admit you're wrong.
Nick it was such a frequent occurrence a few years ago, the cases were national TV and newspaper news on a regular basis.

It is not my fault you appear never to have kept up with the news. (There is also a regular program on Freeview TV about customs and immigration from various countries and I would not go to  the USA for a bet, too many people being led away in handcuffs from international airports in the USA.)