So, what was the point of Brexit?

Started by Sheepy, August 05, 2022, 08:52:12 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on January 06, 2023, 10:35:53 AM
They arrived at Christmas and were temporarily housed in the school for 10 days until more suitable accommodation was found. Do you even know what you are talking about.

So you say Gerry.

True Irish hospitality. A kick up the arse, a boot out of the door and a Merry Christmas thrown in.

Well, at least you didn't knee cap them
Algerie Francais !

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on January 05, 2023, 09:19:35 PM
It seems to be. The immigrants have been kicked out of their housing over the Christmas and as Gerry says, that is the way they do things in Ireland so why make a fuss?
They arrived at Christmas and were temporarily housed in the school for 10 days until more suitable accommodation was found. Do you even know what you are talking about.

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on January 05, 2023, 08:11:52 PM
Oh,a non story then.

It seems to be. The immigrants have been kicked out of their housing over the Christmas and as Gerry says, that is the way they do things in Ireland so why make a fuss?
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on January 05, 2023, 06:17:50 PM
I live only around the corner from Drimnagh. Total non story, some parents kicking off that the school was used to house refugees over the Christmas, and they were worried that poor little Sean wouldn't be able to start next term. They have since moved on and the school will open as expected after the holiday period. They were there for about 10 days. We are very happy to take in refugees and people in need, like so many people in the UK and around the world.
Oh,a non story then. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on January 05, 2023, 06:02:41 PM
Oh, sorry matey, I thought Drimnagh was a Dublin suburb.
I live only around the corner from Drimnagh. Total non story, some parents kicking off that the school was used to house refugees over the Christmas, and they were worried that poor little Sean wouldn't be able to start next term. They have since moved on and the school will open as expected after the holiday period. They were there for about 10 days. We are very happy to take in refugees and people in need, like so many people in the UK and around the world.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on January 05, 2023, 12:19:27 PM
Nope, not much talk about illegal immigration in IRL. Is this a quiz, you make a vague statement and I have to try figure out what you're talking about
Oh, sorry matey, I thought Drimnagh was a Dublin suburb. 

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on January 05, 2023, 12:17:00 AM
Not much on the TV Gerry about the Irish kicking off over open borders. I hear you are getting bored with illegal immigration.
I guess we were right then, best we sort it out amongst ourselves.
Nope, not much talk about illegal immigration in IRL. Is this a quiz, you make a vague statement and I have to try figure out what you're talking about

Sheepy

Not much on the TV Gerry about the Irish kicking off over open borders. I hear you are getting bored with illegal immigration.
I guess we were right then, best we sort it out amongst ourselves. 

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on November 13, 2022, 05:19:37 PM
If you don't like hearing what a mistake Brexit was, you need to cover your ears  - and if you don't like reading what a mistake it was, you need to cover your eyes.

Whenever I hear someone brag about betraying the UK to the EU, covering my ears seems the best option
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 17, 2022, 02:50:10 PM
Let's get this straight, your best piece of evidence is a Labour MP slagging of a Tory government an saying the labour shortage is down to Brexit. Excellent lol 
It is the committee NOT just one member of it. They all have to sign off on reports.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 14, 2022, 11:50:54 AM
Just one of many, more at link: -

https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/127/public-accounts-committee/news/173453/delays-to-postbrexit-regulation-posing-risks-to-uk-consumers-and-businesses/
12 October 2022
Chair's comment
Dame Meg Hillier MP, Chair of the Public Accounts Committee, said: "Six years after the Brexit vote and with key international trade agreements still dangling years out of sight, repeated delays to implementing a new import regime continue to impact British businesses and increase risks for consumers. The effects of potential headcount reductions of up to 40% across government are unclear but, if implemented, would make current regulatory models unsustainable without fundamental reform including changes to legislation.

"Government's poor preparation and planning have combined with international political realities and the result is exposure of UK consumers and businesses to greater risks and costs. Regulators and policy departments should now identify the impact of potential cuts on regulatory risk and set out where significant changes in the regulatory model would be needed to mitigate them. The regulators should work together on ways to address the loss of regulatory cooperation arrangements with the EU, and in six months we expect a progress report on how the arrangements set out in the Trade and Cooperation Agreement are being taken forward."

Let's get this straight, your best piece of evidence is a Labour MP slagging of a Tory government an saying the labour shortage is down to Brexit. Excellent lol  
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on November 14, 2022, 08:32:00 AM
There is loads of evidence but your cognitive dissonance prevents you from believing it.

Unfortunately the lack of credibility of those making the case for it prevents me from believing it.
They will say anything.

Further to this even if we can agree on the evidence, there is no reason why we should draw the same conclusions from it.
And no reason why we should share the same priorities.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 14, 2022, 09:31:01 AM
Ok then, just pick your best piece of evidence and post it here.

I know you won't cause you have none.
Just one of many, more at link: -

https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/127/public-accounts-committee/news/173453/delays-to-postbrexit-regulation-posing-risks-to-uk-consumers-and-businesses/
12 October 2022
Chair's comment
Dame Meg Hillier MP, Chair of the Public Accounts Committee, said: "Six years after the Brexit vote and with key international trade agreements still dangling years out of sight, repeated delays to implementing a new import regime continue to impact British businesses and increase risks for consumers. The effects of potential headcount reductions of up to 40% across government are unclear but, if implemented, would make current regulatory models unsustainable without fundamental reform including changes to legislation.

"Government's poor preparation and planning have combined with international political realities and the result is exposure of UK consumers and businesses to greater risks and costs. Regulators and policy departments should now identify the impact of potential cuts on regulatory risk and set out where significant changes in the regulatory model would be needed to mitigate them. The regulators should work together on ways to address the loss of regulatory cooperation arrangements with the EU, and in six months we expect a progress report on how the arrangements set out in the Trade and Cooperation Agreement are being taken forward."

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 14, 2022, 08:46:04 AM
Loads of evidence has been posted, you don't like it, the truth hurts.
Ok then, just pick your best piece of evidence and post it here.

I know you won't cause you have none.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 14, 2022, 08:37:10 AM

Loads of evidence has been posted, you don't like it, the truth hurts.