So, what was the point of Brexit?

Started by Sheepy, August 05, 2022, 08:52:12 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2023, 12:45:42 PM
Nick you must have missed all the widespread reporting about people being treated in very disgusting way by USA immigration when it has happened.  Yet again you attack and abuse me because of your total ignorance.
Either prove your point our admit you're wrong. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 09, 2023, 11:50:12 AM
Absolute bollox, you really haven't got a clue. 
Nick you must have missed all the widespread reporting about people being treated in very disgusting way by USA immigration when it has happened.  Yet again you attack and abuse me because of your total ignorance.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2023, 10:23:57 AM
Nick if you don't have visa for the USA and land in the USA in a diverted plane you are arrested and detained, it is a frequent occurrence. It is you who don't know what you are on about.
Absolute bollox, you really haven't got a clue. Firstly a visa or an ESTA doesn't guarantee you entry to the States, that is down to the immigration officer's discretion. And if you are diverted you are the responsibility of the airline and they are LEGALLY bound to provide certain things, depending on how long the delay is. If you're put up in a hotel you will be issued with a temporary visa, bussed to the hotel and bussed back. You will not be arrested, stop digging and admit you haven't got a clue. If you ever left Europe you might actually learn something. 🙄 

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on January 08, 2023, 01:52:24 PM
Well a UK tourist visa is £100 per person and the MINIMUM time for application is 3months and you have to present for an Interview. That could be in your country or in another. Not all visa processes are the same.
You will also need to show: the dates of travel; where you will be staying; how much your trip will cost; your home address and how long you lived there; your parents names & DOB; how much you earn; details of any criminal, civil or immigration offences. A good chance you will also have to provide: details of your travel history for the past 10 yrs; your employers name/address/ph no.; name/address of anyone paying for your trip; name/address & passport number of any relatives in the UK.

Was that like your ESTA application, are they the same ?  When is your ESTA interview and is that in the UK or another country ?

The laughable bit is when they keep saying winning yet, these things take time.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 09, 2023, 09:43:08 AM
Let's face it, he hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.
Nick if you don't have visa for the USA and land in the USA in a diverted plane you are arrested and detained, it is a frequent occurrence. It is you who don't know what you are on about. 

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 09, 2023, 09:29:21 AM
What are you on about ?  If and its a big IF that were the case you wouldnt leave the airport so why would you need a visa ?

If  your airline decide to bus you into Canada you would be issued with a transit visa (paid for by them ) so I guess you have wasted your money .
Let's face it, he hasn't got a clue what he's talking about. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2023, 08:42:56 AM
I have no desire to go to the USA. The only reason I needed a Visa was in case a flight to see relatives in Canada was diverted to the USA.
What are you on about ?  If and its a big IF that were the case you wouldnt leave the airport so why would you need a visa ?

If  your airline decide to bus you into Canada you would be issued with a transit visa (paid for by them ) so I guess you have wasted your money . 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2023, 08:42:56 AM
I have no desire to go to the USA. The only reason I needed a Visa was in case a flight to see relatives in Canada was diverted to the USA.
What a load of rubbish, you make it up as you go along. It is not a passenger's responsibility to get a visa in case they are diverted, for a start you wouldn't be able to answer the question on port of entry, and stating reason for visit as just in case I get diverted would have immigration rolling around on the floor. 
And as I said before, don't need a visa for the USA or interview unless you had a criminal record in the states, impossible seeing as you've never been. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on January 09, 2023, 08:41:09 AM
Just do what every other one does then, cross the border illegally. Not saying you wouldn't get one of course.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2023, 08:35:03 AM
But millions do not get one easily or are refused a visa. (Especially for the USA.) Many find out that teenage indiscretion brush with the law bars them from entry to the USA.
Just do what every other one does then, cross the border illegally. Not saying you wouldn't get one of course.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on January 09, 2023, 08:28:00 AM
Funny that millions get one then.
But millions do not get one easily or are refused a visa. (Especially for the USA.) Many find out that teenage indiscretion brush with the law bars them from entry to the USA.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2023, 08:08:45 AM
Nick you seem to think getting a visa is a breeze and no problem. For millions of UK citizens it is not. (Especially for getting to the USA even as a tourist.)
Funny that millions get one then. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 09, 2023, 12:41:30 AM
PS's definition of awkward is that you actually have to apply for a visa, the fact that citizens of the U.K. can travel to 148 countries visa free doesn't matter to him. The other 40 odd, excluding North Korea and the like merely want to know your travel plans / history and if you're a threat, sounds reasonable to me. If you include visa on arrival and ETA's that figure goes to 189 regions. There are also 56 countries that don't need a visa to enter the U.K. 
Nick you seem to think getting a visa is a breeze and no problem. For millions of UK citizens it is not. (Especially for getting to the USA even as a tourist.)

Nick

Quote from: Baff on January 09, 2023, 12:25:36 AM
I don't need to.
Tens of thousands of people per day successfully use it.

The evidence that it works well is perfectly clear.
PS's definition of awkward is that you actually have to apply for a visa, the fact that citizens of the U.K. can travel to 148 countries visa free doesn't matter to him. The other 40 odd, excluding North Korea and the like merely want to know your travel plans / history and if you're a threat, sounds reasonable to me. If you include visa on arrival and ETA's that figure goes to 189 regions. There are also 56 countries that don't need a visa to enter the U.K.  

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on January 08, 2023, 01:35:21 PM
If you look at the visa to UK process it clearly states that one condition of gaining a visa is the person must show that they will leave at the end of their stay. So the option of claiming asylum after entering under a visitor visa would be futile as that would render the visitor visa invalid. The person would then be shipped to Rwanda as an illegal in the UK, where they could then seek asylum for the UK. No doubt that would fail and they would end up in some labour camp over there, one the UK would turn a blind eye to.
Other conditions for a visitor visa is the means to fund your short stay, an address you will be staying at, means to leave. It's £100 per person and the earliest you can apply before travelling is 3months. You get interviewed and not all countries have means to do this so you and all your family would have to get to an interview center. The system is designed to asylum seekers can't apply through this system. Can you answer this, why would the UK fly a Asylum seeker 6,000km to interview them for entry into the UK and then fly them 6,000Km back to let them in ? 

Most other countries, including the UK up to recently, would process people as they presented at borders, airports etc...  The xenophobic process introduced is a means to stop asylum seekers, but this represents the far right in the UK, the incompetent Govt. and not a large percentage of UK people who do want to help those in need. Like I said, a small number of regions, like Ukraine, can apply from their own country. But even that isn't a simple straight forward process. Would you like to stay in Ukraine a couple of months while your application is being processed with Russian missiles raining down all around.
/yawn.

You can come here and you can apply not to leave at the end of your three months by claiming asylum if you wish.
For you personally, you don't even need a visa.
Just walk in. It's perfectly easy, legal and you can get asylum here if you qualify for it.
Thousands of people per year do.

Immigration is one of the top political issues in every country. Making most people on earth "far right" in your eyes.
That speaks bundles about you and nothing whatsoever about them.

As with the example of Ukraine, the UK government has no need to fly you 6,000 miles to decide if it wants to offer you asylum here.

Missiles raining down on your home being a good reason to apply.
I'm an Albanian criminal? Not so much.