So, what was the point of Brexit?

Started by Sheepy, August 05, 2022, 08:52:12 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 04, 2023, 01:16:27 PM
You just ignoring the fact you're posting links to future events? Another Smurf Swerve!!
Future events? What are you on about?

Read this:-

Sewage Pollution - Hansard - UK Parliament
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 04, 2023, 09:02:26 AM
You not following news and current affairs yet again. You parroting the water companies excuse just does not hack it, given the well publicised and ongoing scandal.

Water companies could face legal action after investigation launched into sewage treatment works - Ofwat
You just ignoring the fact you're posting links to future events? Another Smurf Swerve!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on February 04, 2023, 10:56:05 AM
The routine discharge of raw sewage into waterways and the sea at all times no matter what the weather conditions? Have you any evidence for that please?
Swimming in sewage: How can we fix Europe's smelly rivers? | Euronews

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on February 04, 2023, 10:47:02 AM
 How does that explain that the very same senario is being played out across Europes own overcrowded cities
The routine discharge of raw sewage into waterways and the sea at all times no matter what the weather conditions? Have you any evidence for that please?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on February 04, 2023, 08:56:14 AM
No, excessive rain did it. 🙄
The rain just brought to light that you can only get so much shite down a 4'' pipe the rest has to go somewhere else . Yet another example of what over population does to victorian infrastructure . 
Quote from: papasmurf on February 04, 2023, 08:39:36 AM
The privatised water companies did that.
How does that explain that the very same senario is being played out across Europes own overcrowded cities 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 04, 2023, 09:02:26 AM
You not following news and current affairs yet again. You parroting the water companies excuse just does not hack it, given the well publicised and ongoing scandal.

Water companies could face legal action after investigation launched into sewage treatment works - Ofwat
lol lol lol lol

You're now posting links to an article that was written a year before the incident.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 04, 2023, 08:56:14 AM

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on February 04, 2023, 08:39:36 AM

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on February 02, 2023, 04:34:56 AM
So what you're saying is that leaving the EU made the sewage rise up and flow into the sea?

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 25, 2023, 07:55:14 PM
He has just realised Paddy land are  net contributors and has started an Irexit movement with the DUP :)

I doubt that, the Irish are in a battle for little Seans survival and he is keeping his head down. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on February 01, 2023, 05:14:36 PM
You pay too much attention to what the water company bosses say.
So what you're saying is that leaving the EU made the sewage rise up and flow into the sea?

HDQQ

Quote from: Nick on November 04, 2022, 01:33:46 PM
The sewage issue was caused by excessive rain making the tanks flood over, nothing to do with Brexit. But why let facts get in the way!!
You pay too much attention to what the water company bosses say.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: patman post on January 26, 2023, 06:21:09 PM
The ECJ is a totally EU body.

The ECHR is a Council of Europe body.

I'm surprised that an international worker and operator such as yourself isn't aware of that and would make such a mistake.

There again, if you're not aware that you and you alone are responsible for you tax returns, which affect you directly, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised...
I didn't say I wasn't responsible for my tax returns, I said HMRC acknowledged that it wasn't my mistake. My accountant has now agreed to pay it back to me.

And they are all one big happy family that bows to the EU's every wish, but you being a Europhile I'm not surprised you won't accept it. 

patman post

Quote from: Nick on January 26, 2023, 04:48:10 PM
None of that detracts from the fact that the EU is spuds deep in the ECHR and ECJ. This was proved when the City complained to the ECJ about France and Germany flouting financial regulations. The ECJ of course sided with them even though they were breaking the law.
The ECJ is a totally EU body.

The ECHR is a Council of Europe body.

I'm surprised that an international worker and operator such as yourself isn't aware of that and would make such a mistake.

There again, if you're not aware that you and you alone are responsible for you tax returns, which affect you directly, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...