Please Sir - I want some more.

Started by T00ts, August 06, 2022, 10:20:57 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on August 17, 2022, 12:16:53 PM
I dare say that she is smarter than you Steve, but as for the rest of us I am not so sure.

This rolling around the floor and screaming rubbish because well, that is what teenage girls do, is all very well and adds to the gaiety of the nation, but I can't see how she has added anything to the climate change debate or even convinced many folk that there is a need for one.
And you have just appeared to showcase how much more intelligent she is than you.

If your definition of intelligence is to bury your head in the sand in response to unwelcome facts, hello Einstein.

Personally I think you are displaying all the intelligence of your typical ostrich.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on August 17, 2022, 09:38:29 AM
You typically dismiss her because of her age but she is probably a lot more intelligent than you or me.

I dare say that she is smarter than you Steve, but as for the rest of us I am not so sure.

This rolling around the floor and screaming rubbish because well, that is what teenage girls do, is all very well and adds to the gaiety of the nation, but I can't see how she has added anything to the climate change debate or even convinced many folk that there is a need for one.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on August 17, 2022, 09:38:29 AM
You typically dismiss her because of her age but she is probably a lot more intelligent than you or me.
Speak for your self. Anyone that campaigns on a subject and doesn't know the first thing about it is not intelligent in my book. She avoids every single question asked. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on August 16, 2022, 05:08:09 AM
They're scared to death of an 19 year old girl with all the charm of genital warts.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2022, 11:29:14 AM
Its them daily Mail readers I tell you, they make no sense.
DAILY MAIL COMMENT: This green levy just doesn't make sense (msn.com)
Stop feeding the beast it has an insatiable appetite.
They're scared to death of an 19 year old girl with all the charm of genital warts.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Its them daily Mail readers I tell you, they make no sense.
DAILY MAIL COMMENT: This green levy just doesn't make sense (msn.com)
Stop feeding the beast it has an insatiable appetite. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on August 13, 2022, 09:52:57 AM
Or maybe it's more a case of the people that own and run the Mail, are the brainwashed fools.?

Here we go again, as soon as anyone steps outside the box, get them back in immediately, that's it then everyone who says different is automatically a populist and or a daily mail reader. 

T00ts

srb7677

srb7677

Quote from: Good old on August 13, 2022, 09:52:57 AM
Or maybe it's more a case of the people that own and run the Mail, are the brainwashed fools.?
There may be an element of that too.

Good old

Quote from: srb7677 on August 12, 2022, 07:09:20 AM
Or perhaps he is one of those who knows what he is talking about most of all and is raising the alarm amidst governmental complacency. Because he does genuinely seem to care about the less well off and their struggles. No wonder the Daily Mail don't like him.

When it comes to a choice between the Mail and Martin Lewis, whom to believe is an utter no brainer for anyone who knows the track record of both. Those who choose to believe the Mail are brainwashed fools.

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on August 13, 2022, 09:42:07 AM
It is hard to take you seriously when your primary intent is to be funny whilst any serious points are secondary to that.

Yes I am left wing. But I dispute the accusation of being a snob, unless disdain for ill-educated and ill-informed knuckle draggers constitutes a kind of intellectual snobbery. Though in fact I suspect that disdain for the stupid is near universal.

My left wing leanings are underpinned by three things - my class origins, my life experiences, and my moral inclinations which underpin much of my political ideology. My criticisms of the right are also often underpinned by moral foundations.

I am convinced that morality as I understand it is on my side, though others such as Toots will be equally convinced of the reverse.

The moral underpinnings of what we believe might be an interesting thing to discuss sometime in a thread of it's own, but I have no time to start one right now.
I look forward to it.

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on August 12, 2022, 11:53:33 AM
Steve is a left wing snob.Not a bad lad, but he is like one of those folk who have done nothing with their lives but feel that they are better than anyone else because they keep their coal in the bath.
It is hard to take you seriously when your primary intent is to be funny whilst any serious points are secondary to that.

Yes I am left wing. But I dispute the accusation of being a snob, unless disdain for ill-educated and ill-informed knuckle draggers constitutes a kind of intellectual snobbery. Though in fact I suspect that disdain for the stupid is near universal.

My left wing leanings are underpinned by three things - my class origins, my life experiences, and my moral inclinations which underpin much of my political ideology. My criticisms of the right are also often underpinned by moral foundations. 

I am convinced that morality as I understand it is on my side, though others such as Toots will be equally convinced of the reverse.

The moral underpinnings of what we believe might be an interesting thing to discuss sometime in a thread of it's own, but I have no time to start one right now.

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on August 12, 2022, 09:01:14 PM
Yes, Mam. Understood Mam.

My apologies if anything I've posted caused you any upset...
Anyway, moving on, as you determined to make it all about you, when are you actually going to come up with an alternative?

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 12, 2022, 09:59:47 PM
Just don't do it again or I will put my Mod hat on with whip! Butt Kick  ;D
Don't encourage his sexual fantasies, lol