Main Menu

The four horsemen

Started by cromwell, August 10, 2022, 06:21:26 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on August 10, 2022, 07:49:15 PM
But how do we solve the overpopulation problem?

In short, stop the third world from invading the first world 

Ten minutes perusing the treatment of the lower castes in the third world you'll find their own societies don't much care if they live or die. Why should we encourage them to breed here and overpopulate our country ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on August 10, 2022, 08:47:55 PM
Oh ye of little faith, do you think China and India are really going to let billions of people go to pot while their ruling classes enjoy their privileged lifestyles?

Both countries are actively involved in green energy products — shame the UK hasn't been able to cash in more. But I'm convinced there's enough brains here to capitalise on fossil-free energy...
Yes,if it suits them you are applying western ideals to people that don't have them.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on August 10, 2022, 08:25:06 PM
Many years ago on PPF there was a poster Olde Europe who told me if we did nothing in a decade the world was finished.

I replied that China and India were burning coal like there's no tomorrow and did he propose invading China to halt the use of coal,he laughed and told me China and India were on board for the green revolution.....yeah right.

They and developing nations will burn what's cheap and convenient and meanwhile the half wits running the west will plough on worshipping at Gretas altar and playing whilst the ship goes down.
Oh ye of little faith, do you think China and India are really going to let billions of people go to pot while their ruling classes enjoy their privileged lifestyles? 

Both countries are actively involved in green energy products — shame the UK hasn't been able to cash in more. But I'm convinced there's enough brains here to capitalise on fossil-free energy...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on August 10, 2022, 07:51:39 PM
Hopefully, reducing pollutants from the atmosphere will increase both Mrs and my lives, but also make our two and a bit princesses lives longer and more enjoyable...
Many years ago on PPF there was a poster Olde Europe who told me if we did nothing in a decade the world was finished.

I replied that China and India were burning coal like there's no tomorrow and did he propose invading China to halt the use of coal,he laughed and told me China and India were on board for the green revolution.....yeah right.

They and developing nations will burn what's cheap and convenient and meanwhile the half wits running the west will plough on worshipping at Gretas altar and playing whilst the ship goes down.

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on August 10, 2022, 07:11:24 PM
What makes you think I'm frightened,it's you and others who will be facing this not me or many other oldies whose life expectancy is limited. :P
Hopefully, reducing pollutants from the atmosphere will increase both Mrs and my lives, but also make our two and a bit princesses lives longer and more enjoyable...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on August 10, 2022, 06:21:26 PMI see overpopulation as the greatest threat,that and the movement of people who will come in ever greater numbers.
Overpopulation is a major problem contributing to others.

For example, if we all were to halve our carbon footprint  it would make no difference at all if the population doubled.

And the effects of global warming could end up being devastating for global food supplies leading to mass starvation on a scale we have never seen, and scarce food becoming unbelievably expensive, so that even in rich countries the poor could experience famine-like conditions. 

But how do we solve the overpopulation problem? Clearly we cannot ethically just kill people or cease to treat curable diseases to let people die. The only long term solution is a lower birth rate so that people are born at a slower rate than the death rate so that over time the population gradually decreases. How to achieve that across the globe however is difficult to engineer.

And even if we could achieve that gradually over time, the demographic effects would be quite marked and would present their own problems. Because it would invitably mean fewer younger people in relation to pensioners and the elderly making up a much larger proportion of the population, with all the cost pressures this would involve.

There are many problems here, but workable solutions would require much thought and debate.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on August 10, 2022, 06:58:26 PM
It would be interesting at this point to have Barry or Toots supplying their biblical take on it all. Not that I am likely to believe it of course but it would make for an interesting read.
I'll oblige although Barry might well have a different view. Drawing on the Book of Revelations and then repeated stories/revelations in the OT and NT, I believe and I'm not alone, that these are truly the last days. The Lord's angels have been held back for some time but there is only so much time that He will give us to look to Him and understand that we are not actually in charge of anything other than our own choices. Rampant cruelty, greed, theft etc all over the world, denial of God Himself and his Son Jesus Christ means that the Adversary is working overtime to create chaos such as we have never seen before. If we look we can see his work wherever we turn. He is titled the father of all lies and the more of us that believe him the better he feels and the more of us may look to a miserable eternity. Ultimately though he will lose this battle.
The experience of the Egyptians when Moses asked for the freedom of the Jews shows us how bad it can get but I believe that we are likely to see another world war like no other. I also believe that there is still a little time although no-one knows when the end will come when Jesus takes over and is truly recognised for who He is, even by the Jews. Our Father in Heaven loves us but like all good parents He lets us learn from our mistakes and doesn't impose on us at all. So we are free to make our choices. How many will turn to Him acknowledging His ultimate power? Only time will tell.

Just as many will call this post every kind of stupidity and worse,  I can confirm that my Bible and Scripture study combined with a lot of prayer has totally convinced me of the truth of what I believe. There is a lot of detail that I have omitted in order to be brief, and I feel if there is interest it is better to do ones own research, I only post this because I was asked and I am guided to tell what I humbly believe to be the truth.
As a Mod perhaps I should direct anyone wanting to extend this particular discussion into the religious section rather than derail this one further.

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on August 10, 2022, 06:41:05 PM
Dandelions — piss en lit, in French.

Probably best avoided by frightened pensioners here whose pensions are set and unlikely to reflect inflation and the rising cost of living...
What makes you think I'm frightened,it's you and others who will be facing this not me or many other oldies whose life expectancy is limited. :P

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on August 10, 2022, 06:21:26 PMof the apocalypse........sorry but nowt like looking on the brightside.
It would be interesting at this point to have Barry or Toots supplying their biblical take on it all. Not that I am likely to believe it of course but it would make for an interesting read.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

patman post

Dandelions — piss en lit, in French. 

Probably best avoided by frightened pensioners here whose pensions are set and unlikely to reflect inflation and the rising cost of living...

cromwell

of the apocalypse........sorry but nowt like looking on the brightside. :)

Anyway they are (I think)

1)Overpopulation
2)Energy
3)Artificial intelligence
4)And lastly the green camp and climate change

I see overpopulation as the greatest threat,that and the movement of people who will come in ever greater numbers.

Energy has bitten us here in the UK on the bum due to short termism when decisions should've been made decades ago to protect our energy supply,isnt that the primary objective of our govt. to protect the people and country?

AI which means people will need to be paid to do little,not what some may like but ignoring the problem will bring chaos

And lastly climate change,bit of a blind alley imo they should be paying more attention to 1&2 instead of expecting us to shiver go back to the stone age and eat dandelions