Don't pay!

Started by T00ts, August 11, 2022, 06:27:47 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on August 14, 2022, 11:21:14 AM
You have what? Talked in riddles maybe? There you go again, I do have the ability to notice gobblygook , understanding it is not something I practice I freely admit .

Told you that you have become defensive. When you have no answers.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2022, 10:17:31 AM
I have you didn't have the ability to notice. You would rather go around in circles; I don't speak in riddles it would be as clear as day in any other world but yours.

You have what? Talked in riddles maybe? There you go again, I do have the ability to notice gobblygook , understanding it is not something I practice I freely admit .

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on August 14, 2022, 10:14:07 AM
If you stopped talking in riddles it might enlighten me.

I have you didn't have the ability to notice. You would rather go around in circles; I don't speak in riddles it would be as clear as day in any other world but yours.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2022, 10:07:49 AM
Are you? how come you cannot explain the turnout or why you didn't see it coming months ago? or that your only answer was feed the beast some more?

If you stopped talking in riddles it might enlighten me.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on August 14, 2022, 10:06:02 AM
No sheep , I am talking the reality of our condition ,you live in the clouds . Nothing defensive just fact.
Are you? how come you cannot explain the turnout or why you didn't see it coming months ago? or that your only answer was feed the beast some more?

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2022, 10:00:56 AM
Including me, now you are becoming defensive, because you were caught spouting nonsense. Without a clue what you were talking about. You won't be first or last in politics doing that.

No sheep , I am talking the reality of our condition ,you live in the clouds . Nothing defensive just fact.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on August 14, 2022, 09:58:24 AM
Including you I presume
Including me, now you are becoming defensive, because you were caught spouting nonsense. Without a clue what you were talking about. You won't be first or last in politics doing that.

Good old

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on August 14, 2022, 09:52:16 AM
I don't have to explain more than  to say. If the people truely wanted drastic change ,that wish would have a much larger profile than it presently possesses. You seem to think everyone thinks as you do. Or certainly should.
LOL I knew it wouldn't be long, no I trust them and they don't often let me down. Nobody is perfect.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2022, 09:37:43 AM
Don't they? explain the turnouts then? no, it isn't the people who don't want it, it is Parliament and especially the Lords.

I don't have to explain more than  to say. If the people truely wanted drastic change ,that wish would have a much larger profile than it presently possesses. You seem to think everyone thinks as you do. Or certainly should.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on August 14, 2022, 09:34:16 AM
Is it so very hard to know how to break down  our class system? The pillars that support our class system, starting with the slanted education system, could be toppled , and not damage or alter our parliamentary system by much other than changing the house presently occupied by the Lords. As of yet the general public show little sign of seriously wanting that kind of change.
What will not change is the determination of the monied classes to dominate our politics. And all systems no matter the label are dominated by money.

Don't they? explain the turnouts then? no, it isn't the people who don't want it, it is Parliament and especially the Lords.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2022, 07:57:22 AM
All good old is doing is pointing out the failings of the class structure it is without vision.

Is it so very hard to know how to break down  our class system? The pillars that support our class system, starting with the slanted education system, could be toppled , and not damage or alter our parliamentary system by much other than changing the house presently occupied by the Lords. As of yet the general public show little sign of seriously wanting that kind of change.
What will not change is the determination of the monied classes to dominate our politics. And all systems no matter the label are dominated by money.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 13, 2022, 07:08:31 PM
Then you've never come across some of the higher management I have,the pg chimps would run industry better, people placed in posProition because of who they knew.

As good old pointed out British workforce successful in foreign owned companies.

Really why then when their boss openly said they knew they were breaking the law and would do it again nothing was done.
All good old is doing is pointing out the failings of the class structure it is without vision.

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on August 13, 2022, 05:28:48 PM
Sometimes I am of the opinion — not that I'd voice it out loud of course — that what's needed is a few more P&O Ferries to knock some sense back into some parts of the workforce so that they throw over their supposed representatives and vote for bringing sanity back into the work place.

Industrial action (inaction?) is what's destroyed a fair few good British industries — eg, aircraft, motor vehicles, railway products, and shipbuilding in transport and advanced heavy industry.

Had the country not rested on its laurels after WWII, and the workforce feeling it was owed a living for limited commitment and effort, the U.K. could have been up there with Japan, Germany, and South Korea. As it is, it struggles to match France and Italy...
Then you've never come across some of the higher management I have,the pg chimps would run industry better, people placed in position because of who they knew.

As good old pointed out British workforce successful in foreign owned companies.

Quote from: Nick on August 13, 2022, 05:38:18 PM
No, what P&O did was illegal, you don't need unions to protect against that. Lawyers will eat that kind of stuff for breakfast and there is no reason to disrupt peoples lives to get justice

Really why then when their boss openly said they knew they were breaking the law and would do it again nothing was done.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Good old

Quote from: Nick on August 13, 2022, 06:00:43 PM
The motorbike industry is s classic example.

Japan started copying motorbikes from all over the world, the Italians and Germans put money in their bike manufacturing and survived the Japanese attack. The English, with their usual arrogance thought they were untouchable. If you look at MotoGP, WSBK, WSSP and BSBK all win by Yamaha last year. The vast majority of all bike racing is won by Japanese bikes, even the countries that supported their bike industries cannot compete.

The amazing fact being that the only thing left of so many of our old major industries is the Labour forces.
The car industry in particular,  run by foreigners successfully . Strange that for a work force beyond control.
Yes the unions did not always help, or appear to, but on the whole our manufacturing across the board was poorly invested in, the facilities and methods antiquated . It's no wonder the Germans, French, Japanese, out did us.
And it's even more telling how our workers have so often proved top notch led by companies from those countries, and others of course. The people that used to run our industry, haven't gone away, they now are contented to run the country, and that shows all their old failings.