Don't pay!

Started by T00ts, August 11, 2022, 06:27:47 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on August 13, 2022, 07:08:31 PM
Then you've never come across some of the higher management I have,the pg chimps would run industry better, people placed in position because of who they knew.

As good old pointed out British workforce successful in foreign owned companies.

Really why then when their boss openly said they knew they were breaking the law and would do it again nothing was done.
Reply #36 should have given you my view of some middle managers and up — even founders can be turfed out if the board and shareholders take against them, despite the organisation being highly profitable. Sir Martin Sorrell, founder of WPP is an example of that.

Foreign-owned companies have often taken on local workers after the effects of long-running industrial strife has forced some understanding of the realities of business by employees. The car industry is a prime example — few British marques remain genuinely British. Some are no longer actually made in the UK.

As for intimidation and breaking the law — neither unionised employees nor employers have been free of such, over the years...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on August 14, 2022, 01:10:04 PM
I think it's sheep that wants that. He seems to think everyone will agree with each other, and if it's a split decision hard shite. At least we can oppose no matter the differences we have.
Now you think you can do my thinking for me; I don't think so. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on August 14, 2022, 12:13:53 PM
So you want a democracy with the franchise limited to folk who agree with you?

I think it's sheep that wants that. He seems to think everyone will agree with each other, and if it's a split decision hard shite. At least we can oppose no matter the differences we have.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on August 14, 2022, 12:09:37 PM
And how does that government not fall foul of manipulation in just the same way as happens now? This is the gaping hole in what you would advocate. You are never going to stop dealing in the human race and we don't play fair.
Do what we normally do, educate people on the pitfalls of politics. Each policy will have to stand on its own merits or not as might be the case, alternatives are not a crime as Borchester points out in his usual form. So why shouldn't people have a say in their own destiny? no present political party would advocate it because that would really be democratic and they couldn't just tell the plebs what they think they want to hear at any given time, while they milk it as usual.

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on August 14, 2022, 11:58:42 AM
The problem with the kind of populist system that sheepy appears to be advocating where every adult in the country votes directly on everything is manyfold.

Firstly, most of them are a lot less knowledgeable on most issues than the experts, and won't have the time to read proposed legislation in detail. Most will simply believe what the Daily Mail or some other rag tells them is in it.

Secondly, who draws up and puts forward any legislation in the first place if Westminster politics is abolished and how will they be accountable?

Thirdly is the likelihood that people will keep voting for tax cuts and spending increases, then find the country going bankrupt and becoming an economic basket case.

Fourthly, large elements amongst the people might well be racists or phobes of one kind or another. What would we gain from empowering the knuckle dragging fraternity?

So you want a democracy with the franchise limited to folk who agree with you?
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on August 14, 2022, 12:10:00 PM
They are very silent, lol
Not when they are asked, they turn up in their millions, I wouldn't say that is particularly quiet. 

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2022, 12:07:28 PM
We are the real populists who generally work in the direction of populism. A lone voice maybe, but backed by millions.
They are very silent, lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2022, 12:02:12 PM
 we have never said there will be no government only a comeback on one, by voting on major policy decisions, which I have been over many times.

And how does that government not fall foul of manipulation in just the same way as happens now? This is the gaping hole in what you would advocate. You are never going to stop dealing in the human race and we don't play fair.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on August 14, 2022, 12:03:51 PM
Who is "we"? You sound like a lone voice around here.

We are the real populists who generally work in the direction of populism. A lone voice maybe, but backed by millions.

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2022, 12:02:12 PM
Except none of that is advertised as populism, we have never said there will be no government only a comeback on one, by voting on major policy decisions, which I have been over many times.
Who is "we"? You sound like a lone voice around here.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on August 14, 2022, 11:58:42 AM
The problem with the kind of populist system that sheepy appears to be advocating where every adult in the country votes directly on everything is manyfold.

Firstly, most of them are a lot less knowledgeable on most issues than the experts, and won't have the time to read proposed legislation in detail. Most will simply believe what the Daily Mail or some other rag tells them is in it.

Secondly, who draws up and puts forward any legislation in the first place if Westminster politics is abolished and how will they be accountable?

Thirdly is the likelihood that people will keep voting for tax cuts and spending increases, then find the country going bankrupt and becoming an economic basket case.

Fourthly, large elements amongst the people might well be racists or phobes of one kind or another. What would we gain from empowering the knuckle dragging fraternity?
Except none of that is advertised as populism, we have never said there will be no government only a comeback on one, by voting on major policy decisions, which I have been over many times. 

srb7677

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on August 14, 2022, 11:42:35 AM
All right I ll answer . You think turn outs at our elections reflect more than a general couldn't give a toss. Maybe, but it doesn't mean they have an alternative that would actually benefit them.
Maybe, or they could be just being Altruistic in return.

Good old

Quote from: Good old on August 14, 2022, 11:26:51 AM
Answers to what? What is it in plain English?  The turn out ? Which one? Try harder.

All right I ll answer . You think turn outs at our elections reflect more than a general couldn't give a toss. Maybe, but it doesn't mean they have an alternative that would actually benefit them.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2022, 11:23:31 AM
Told you that you have become defensive. When you have no answers.
Answers to what? What is it in plain English?  The turn out ? Which one? Try harder.