Main Menu

Going Solar

Started by T00ts, August 12, 2022, 10:57:33 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on August 12, 2022, 12:01:53 PM
Is this for garden lamps or fountains and decorative stuff, or are you thinking of using your installing to eke out household electricity use?

Our terrace house has a valley roof. One side of the V faces south and gets sun almost from sunrise to sunset.

We decided we could make use of the sun — the choice was whether to heat water or generated electricity, or a mixture of both. Still no decision, though...
I'm thinking either supplementing or in emergency for the house. I am planning a garden installation as it's easier and removeable and I think quite a lot cheaper. I just need to start some calculations to see if it's viable.  

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on August 12, 2022, 10:57:33 AM
I was just contemplating installing some garden solar panels/batteries for essentials. It looks relatively easy. Anyone else thinking this way?
Is this for garden lamps or fountains and decorative stuff, or are you thinking of using your installing to eke out household electricity use?

Our terrace house has a valley roof. One side of the V faces south and gets sun almost from sunrise to sunset.

We decided we could make use of the sun — the choice was whether to heat water or generated electricity, or a mixture of both. Still no decision, though...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

I was just contemplating installing some garden solar panels/batteries for essentials. It looks relatively easy. Anyone else thinking this way?