Arsenal on the way back !?!?!?

Started by patman post, August 13, 2022, 06:13:20 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: patman post on June 07, 2023, 03:21:36 PM
This wasn't intended to be Arsenal's season — it's a young side and still building. But what happened is that they performed above expectations and fans began hoping.

But they stayed in the top four, so hopes for next season are kindled...
They had a damn good season and played some seriously attractive football (dammit I'm no gooner)

IMHO buying in Jesus was a great move as he led their striking to be far more effective.  Some have noted their decline was associated with his return from injury but to me it was more to do with injuries to their back 4.

And of course they will win the 22/23 title and my United the FA Cup once City have all their points and trophies stripped from them for naughtiness upon naughtiness in the financial areas. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on June 07, 2023, 03:21:36 PM
This wasn't intended to be Arsenal's season — it's a young side and still building. But what happened is that they performed above expectations and fans began hoping.

As every football knows Posty , its the hope that kills you 

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 07, 2023, 01:58:45 PM
Well the sun has set on another season . The dissruption of the WC was weird and threw many a side off its stride for the second session in 2023 .

Arsenal did indeed show they still have a soft underbelly and melted when it counted most . A chance squandered in my opinion with City concentrating on Europe and all the other rich list clubs going through transition . Next season will be a real test .

Well done Cromwell if your still out there somewhere ,never in doubt was it .

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Well the sun has set on another season . The dissruption of the WC was weird and threw many a side off its stride for the second session in 2023 . 

Arsenal did indeed show they still have a soft underbelly and melted when it counted most . A chance squandered in my opinion with City concentrating on Europe and all the other rich list clubs going through transition . Next season will be a real test .

Well done Cromwell if your still out there somewhere ,never in doubt was it . 

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on October 18, 2022, 01:35:29 PM
Most managers (and probably players) come from elsewhere, and a few then find their long-term homes.

Arsenal has had a number of outstanding players and Mikel Arteta will possibly eventually be among them. Meanwhile, I don't disagree with the following line up:

https://www.arsenal.com/history/gunners-greatest-50-players

Currently, Arsenal heads the Premier League with 4 pts ahead of City and Spurs, so let me dream a little longer...
Erm , even as a palace fan I would argue with gooners fan top 50 but I suppose times change . I was having a drink with Peter Nicholas the Christmas before the lockdown , he used to give us match tickets and such like . A real casual geezer . Anyway some Arsenal T@@@ asked who my Welsh mate was LOL , I guess he voted .

The fact that Kenny Sansom isnt in the top 2 or 3 makes the poll null and void not to mention no place for Rocastle ?? Thats really wierd . Talking about Kenny he can be found living on a park bench in Bromley ,sad  but true .

Anyway yes the Ars are looking good ,they have a purpose about their game which is good to see . Arteta seems to have what it takes but I still take City to be clear winners of the PL 

patman post

Most managers (and probably players) come from elsewhere, and a few then find their long-term homes.

Arsenal has had a number of outstanding players and Mikel Arteta will possibly eventually be among them. Meanwhile, I don't disagree with the following line up:

https://www.arsenal.com/history/gunners-greatest-50-players

Currently, Arsenal heads the Premier League with 4 pts ahead of City and Spurs, so let me dream a little longer...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on October 02, 2022, 04:48:12 PM
Arsenal 3 Tottenham 1 — Gunners still doing well.

It's too soon to say if Mikel Arteta could be another Arsene Wenger, but hope and prayer are part and parcel of being an Arsenal supporter...
And where did he come from.....City

And your best player Ditto :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Arsenal 3 Tottenham 1 — Gunners still doing well.

It's too soon to say if Mikel Arteta could be another Arsene Wenger, but hope and prayer are part and parcel of being an Arsenal supporter...

patman post

But Bob Hope was born in Craigton Road, Well Hall (I've now noticed) — north-ish of Eltham centre, and is probably equidistant from both Woolwich Arsenal and Charlton — though I reckon it's a few yards nearer Charlton.

To do with nothing at all — The only person I ever met who had worked at Woolwich Arsenal claimed he actually played for Cray Wanderers, a team that I believe was even older than Bob Hope, the Gunners, or Tottenham Hotspur FC...!

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on August 14, 2022, 02:03:40 PM
Bob Hope was born in Eltham — I guess the nearest league clubs to there are Charlton and Millwall...
Not really , Eltham is a district of Woolwich which also includes Arsenal which as we know (I hope you do having started a football thread )is in  South London . Bob was born in 1903 which would have made his nearest club Woolwich Arsenal who moved across the river when he was 10 years old in 1913.

They dropped the Woolwich after the move to attract North Londoners to support them (wankers). In fact any self respecting fan  from the other side of the river should be hanging their hat on Tottenham or maybe the side that my Grandfather played for Barnet , winning the amateur cup in 1946  .
He played in every round till the final when Barnet called in a load of ringers from Tottenham . After much compliant he (and others ) was given a medal which legend has it he threw in the Thames vowing never to cross it again before signing for Tooting and Mitcham the season after .

patman post

Quote from: srb7677 on August 14, 2022, 08:20:56 AM
Don't know or care much about football, but a name like Arsenal is surely begging to be corrupted into something like Arse nail?
Coincidentally, one of the club's best ever managers had the name Arsene Wenger.  After joining, he guided Arsenal to the Premier League title in 1997/98 and 2001/02. Wenger managed Arsenal to its third Premier League crown as the club went through the entire league campaign unbeaten in 2003/04. 

Wenger also guided Arsenal to seven of its 14 FA Cup wins...

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on August 13, 2022, 07:38:42 PM
Bob hope and no hope.
Bob Hope was born in Eltham — I guess the nearest league clubs to there are Charlton and Millwall...

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 14, 2022, 06:47:12 AM
They could very well be on the way back posty but still have a long way to go . Palace were all over them in the second half and but for a bit of composure in front of goal would have been on equal terms and in the accendency long before an unfortunate own goal gave the scoreline a flattering look for the gooners .

Dont know whats happened to Leicester  apart from returning to be the side that narrowly avoided relegation the year before their miracle season so wouldnt put too much stock in that result

Maybe wait an see how they get on against a side expected to finnish in the top half of the table before talk of top 4 (I guess thats what you mean by on the way back ) I still think you will find they have a soft centre that will be exposed by better sides .Im hoping we dont give the rags some comfort in the coming weeks with the tough start that has been handed us by the fixture secretary .
I'm hoping you do a double over the dippers and rags ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 14, 2022, 06:47:12 AM
Dont know whats happened to Leicester  apart from returning to be the side that narrowly avoided relegation the year before their miracle season so wouldnt put too much stock in that result
Don't really care what happens to the Tax dodging gits. How anyone could celebrate them winning the league when there were local tradesmen and sandwich shop owners that went bust because of them owing them money. They were also responsible for all the administration rules as well. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.