Boris on the move?

Started by T00ts, August 16, 2022, 08:59:52 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on August 18, 2022, 07:06:16 PM
Except millions do, the Tories have proven to be their usual failure and there is no way any of us are voting Labour. Basically, between them we are right back where we started and we won't be lending those votes again.
There are about 2 years before a GE so I will try some optimism in the hope that a) World news will improve and b) Whoever gets into No10 can show some drive and innovative thought. The political depression in the country has to lift.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on August 18, 2022, 06:56:46 PM
I hope not too many feel that way.

Except millions do, the Tories have proven to be their usual failure and there is no way any of us are voting Labour. Basically, between them we are right back where we started and we won't be lending those votes again.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on August 18, 2022, 06:27:30 PM
None of them, T00ts.
I will let others pick who they want unless Nigel Farage or Richard Tice comes up with a populist party to break the two party system.
I hope not too many feel that way. 

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on August 18, 2022, 06:21:48 PM
We have to have a Government so who would you be happy with? The choices seem so dire to me at this moment.
None of them, T00ts.
I will let others pick who they want unless Nigel Farage or Richard Tice comes up with a populist party to break the two party system.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on August 18, 2022, 05:48:50 PM
Which they honestly deserve to lose, for tens of reasons.
We have to have a Government so who would you be happy with? The choices seem so dire to me at this moment.

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on August 18, 2022, 04:19:54 PM
Effectively Boris Johnson moved out weeks ago, if not months. The only consolation if Liz Truss becomes the next PM is that the things she's said to appeal to the Tory membership over recent days have further increased the likelihood of her party losing the next general election.
Which they honestly deserve to lose, for tens of reasons.
† The end is nigh †

HDQQ

Effectively Boris Johnson moved out weeks ago, if not months. The only consolation if Liz Truss becomes the next PM is that the things she's said to appeal to the Tory membership over recent days have further increased the likelihood of her party losing the next general election.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on August 17, 2022, 12:01:38 PM
The choices must make you proud though a Lib Dem version of Maggie and a Slumdog millionaire.
And the main alternative to either will be Sir Wet Lettuce, supported by the ghost of Tory Blur.

It's enough to make you weep
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

The choices must make you proud though a Lib Dem version of Maggie and a Slumdog millionaire.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Good for him. Removal vans have been seen at No 10 showing signs that Boris is already moving out. I wonder if that's in preparation for a redecorate before the next PM moves in. I somehow can't imagine Truss or Sunak's wife taking kindly to Mrs Johnson's decor.

In other news he has been seen in Greece. No doubt even those who wanted him to leave before the recess will be up in arms that the man is taking a possibly long planned holiday. Of course any action he might try to take as a PM will be either scoffed at or vilified, so why would he bother? 

On the other hand if Putin suddenly decided to rehearse invasion techniques too near our shores there could be mass demands for Boris to take Churchillian charge. Who would be a politician, failed or otherwise?