How many things…

Started by Nick, August 17, 2022, 08:47:53 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 23, 2023, 11:56:59 PM
So we've gone from Gerry seeing figures (looking at the U.K. growth), any other explanation for that statement? To recent references. And you wonder why Brexiteers keep asking for data.
The brexiteers and you were talking about the sunny uplands, joining the global Market (such nonsense, leaving the largest free trade area is not joining anything) so the brexiteers are the ones that have the obligation to show the benefits, so where's your numbers ?  Or is brexit the busted flush remoaners spoke about. Maybe they were right and you were wrong about all those brexit benefits. How's that extra 350m a week for the NHS helping out.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 23, 2023, 03:18:19 PM
Oh look, you can't find any figures showing the U.K. dropping like a brick, you're going off forecasts. Which is my point, that you totally denied.
That's not a forecast. You brought up "the numbers", you show them. I spoke of relative comparison, I showed the relative difference. Look at the graph, the UK is a relative front runner up to brexit, then a sharp drop.What numbers are you talking about, what isolated con job that the torys have prob concocted to show how brexit is fantastic. I can't comment on your numbers until you show them.

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on April 23, 2023, 10:41:20 PM
There have been recent references on the news to the UK having the lowest growth of the G7 nations and our economy performing worse than those of the EU, the USA etc.
Given that those places were affected as much as we were by covid and some EU countries were more directly impacted by Putin's war, the disparity is looking increasingly due to Brexit.
So we've gone from Gerry seeing figures (looking at the U.K. growth), any other explanation for that statement? To recent references. And you wonder why Brexiteers keep asking for data. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

HDQQ

Quote from: Nick on April 23, 2023, 03:18:19 PM
Oh look, you can't find any figures showing the U.K. dropping like a brick, you're going off forecasts. Which is my point, that you totally denied.
There have been recent references on the news to the UK having the lowest growth of the G7 nations and our economy performing worse than those of the EU, the USA etc. 
Given that those places were affected as much as we were by covid and some EU countries were more directly impacted by Putin's war, the disparity is looking increasingly due to Brexit.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 23, 2023, 01:50:31 PM
But this not what I said. I said..
I was comparing the UK against other countries.

You brough up "latest figures", if you have a point to make about them present them or we'll just ignore that.

The point I was making is other countries have experienced covid and russia. They haven't faired as bad as the UK.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 22, 2023, 03:05:58 AMSo when you said this Gerry. 
When you look at the U.K. it's dropping like a stone since Brexit
What were you looking at Gerry if it wasn't the latest figures?
Do where is the set of figures you've seen? Again, not forecasts. 
But this not what I said. I said..

Quote from: GerryT on April 19, 2023, 05:46:29 PMBUt when you look at the UK performance since brexit against those same countries, yes the UK is dropping like a brick performance wise.
I was comparing the UK against other countries.

You brough up "latest figures", if you have a point to make about them present them or we'll just ignore that.

The point I was making is other countries have experienced covid and russia. They haven't faired as bad as the UK.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 21, 2023, 10:51:23 PM
No I didn't, I said brexit = bad. That the UK is falling behind where it was when inside the EU or G8.  I said that to show how other countries that went through covid and Russia didn't fair as bad as the UK. That gap is brexit.
But it's too early to say, it's only been 2 years since you sailed into the land of unicorns, give it another couple of yrs for that gap to get bigger and then you might conceded that there is a negative side to brexit.
So when you said this Gerry. 
When you look at the U.K. it's dropping like a stone since Brexit
What were you looking at Gerry if it wasn't the latest figures?
Do where is the set of figures you've seen? Again, not forecasts. 

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 21, 2023, 02:19:34 PM
You're the one posting a post alluding to the latest figures, where are they?
No I didn't, I said brexit = bad. That the UK is falling behind where it was when inside the EU or G8.  I said that to show how other countries that went through covid and Russia didn't fair as bad as the UK. That gap is brexit.
But it's too early to say, it's only been 2 years since you sailed into the land of unicorns, give it another couple of yrs for that gap to get bigger and then you might conceded that there is a negative side to brexit.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 21, 2023, 07:46:40 AM
I don't know Nick, did you loose your figures.  You would choke on your words quicker than admit that brexit contributed any negative way. Stick your head in the sand and yell bla bla bla. Even the Tory supporting BBC are admitting its a failure
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64450882

If you find those figures, make a point and post the..
You're the one posting a post alluding to the latest figures, where are they?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on April 19, 2023, 09:58:33 PM
Where's the latest figures, not estimates.
I don't know Nick, did you loose your figures.  You would choke on your words quicker than admit that brexit contributed any negative way. Stick your head in the sand and yell bla bla bla. Even the Tory supporting BBC are admitting its a failure
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64450882

If you find those figures, make a point and post the..

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on April 20, 2023, 10:48:32 AM
Early next week (on Monday, 24 April), Parliament will, for the very first time, debate the consequences of Brexit.

It will be interesting to see how many turn up to discuss how their own incompetence has resulted in the consequences 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on April 20, 2023, 12:37:12 PM
Wow, no politician has ever mentioned Brexit before.

Exciting times for Pappy. :)
That post was for information only, not for yet another idiot comment by you about me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHzf1BQFXq8
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Early next week (on Monday, 24 April), Parliament will, for the very first time, debate the consequences of Brexit.

Wow, no politician has ever mentioned Brexit before.

Exciting times for Pappy. :)
Algerie Francais !

Unlucky4Sum

Hopefully Boris will stand up and say 'Brexit has been a failure, sorry I was a fool' or even 'Brexit would have been OK were it not for the incompetent dishonest government that brought it in'

But actually I expect no Tory and Labour front benchers to turn up, it's a toxic topic.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe