How many things…

Started by Nick, August 17, 2022, 08:47:53 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 27, 2023, 08:10:47 AM
And do you also imagine there are fairies at the bottom of your garden?

It's wrong that you were promised cake and eat it but it's equally wrong that you believed an obvious lie and continue to say we could have got it.
You just don't get it. I didn't believe anything, I wanted out long before Farage was pushing Cameron into giving us a vote. There's only you lot moaning about deals, I and millions of others wanted to just walk away, and as I said: the EU would have given us a proper deal. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 27, 2023, 08:08:26 AM
And your evidence that you are the majority is just what?  That the man in your mirror agrees with you?

And please tell us what is this documented 'what we voted for' otherwise the default is it would be the promises Vote Leave made which included a mix of unachievable delusions and outright lies.  Any idiot can promise you a miracle but frankly only an idiot believes the promise.

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/briefing.html

Example: 'After we Vote Leave, British businesses will trade freely with the EU.'  Still can't deliver on that can they.
Your just not listening U4S . Vote leave was run by the tories . The referendum was run by the tories ,vote remain was run by the tories, negociations are being run by the tories (via Brussles) . 
Your right anyone who believes the tories is an idiot ,same goes for Labour and the other lot . 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 26, 2023, 11:42:33 PM
We could have just walked away, no deal, the EU would have given us a far better deal than we have now. If we'd walked away the EU would have crapped them selves over Ireland, they would have dealt over the fact that all our fishing waters would have been off limits. Would have been far better but nobody had the balls to stand up to them so we got a half baked deal.
And do you also imagine there are fairies at the bottom of your garden?

It's wrong that you were promised cake and eat it but it's equally wrong that you believed an obvious lie and continue to say we could have got it.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 27, 2023, 07:52:24 AM
From what I recall Johnson got voted in because he was slightly better than Mayhems brino . Non Tories saw him as the best of a bad bunch .
Anyone who has been following our departure from the EU will know it was always going to be a long haul under the Tory party who remember  campaigned for remain . Even today 7 years after the vote we still see Tory eurosceptics  being sidelined , an unelected PM taking it up the rear by VDL and the remainiacs in the civil service dictating the pace of play .

When someone ,the elected representatives of the country actually attempt to do what we asked them to do in 2016 we can have a conversation about how its going . Until then all we are basically talking about is Tory missmanagment aided and abetted by opposition parties , Westminsters underlings ,the BBC and various trade and economic bodies  who's forecasts are lapped up by remoaners as some sort of proof that Brexit is going badly .

Thanks to the dissenters ,the treasonists and seditionists its not going as expected no , but we the majority will prevail 
And your evidence that you are the majority is just what?  That the man in your mirror agrees with you?

And please tell us what is this documented 'what we voted for' otherwise the default is it would be the promises Vote Leave made which included a mix of unachievable delusions and outright lies.  Any idiot can promise you a miracle but frankly only an idiot believes the promise.

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/briefing.html 

Example: 'After we Vote Leave, British businesses will trade freely with the EU.'   Still can't deliver on that can they.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 26, 2023, 11:23:35 PM
Yes they have, the 'people' voted in Boris for his promised oven ready deal.  Problem was that deal could never deliver the delusional supposed net benefits the public were also falsely promised in 2016.

'Cake and eat it' was only ever a lie but hey ho some mugs believed it and still think it's so unfair their delusions weren't delivered on. 
From what I recall Johnson got voted in because he was slightly better than Mayhems brino . Non Tories saw him as the best of a bad bunch .
Anyone who has been following our departure from the EU will know it was always going to be a long haul under the Tory party who remember  campaigned for remain . Even today 7 years after the vote we still see Tory eurosceptics  being sidelined , an unelected PM taking it up the rear by VDL and the remainiacs in the civil service dictating the pace of play .

When someone ,the elected representatives of the country actually attempt to do what we asked them to do in 2016 we can have a conversation about how its going . Until then all we are basically talking about is Tory missmanagment aided and abetted by opposition parties , Westminsters underlings ,the BBC and various trade and economic bodies  who's forecasts are lapped up by remoaners as some sort of proof that Brexit is going badly . 

Thanks to the dissenters ,the treasonists and seditionists its not going as expected no , but we the majority will prevail  

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 26, 2023, 11:23:35 PM
Yes they have, the 'people' voted in Boris for his promised oven ready deal.  Problem was that deal could never deliver the delusional supposed net benefits the public were also falsely promised in 2016.

'Cake and eat it' was only ever a lie but hey ho some mugs believed it and still think it's so unfair their delusions weren't delivered on. 
We could have just walked away, no deal, the EU would have given us a far better deal than we have now. If we'd walked away the EU would have crapped them selves over Ireland, they would have dealt over the fact that all our fishing waters would have been off limits. Would have been far better but nobody had the balls to stand up to them so we got a half baked deal. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 26, 2023, 10:56:15 PM
No, it's because none of them have done what the people asked for.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 26, 2023, 09:40:20 PM
And the main cause of the political uncertainty is  . . . . . something beginning with B
No, it's because none of them have done what the people asked for. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 26, 2023, 09:57:43 PM
Boris ? Well he was part of it  but the Conservative party in general has to own it
No Silly, Brexit.  Because of it our inflation is higher, our GDP and hence tax receipts are lower and the party that wrapped itself in the flag of Brexit can't deliver what its supporters emotionally want and believe they were promised:  even lower taxes.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 26, 2023, 09:40:20 PM
And the main cause of the political uncertainty is  . . . . . something beginning with B
Boris ? Well he was part of it  but the Conservative party in general has to own it 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 26, 2023, 08:28:00 PM
Brexit is not the cause of Britains economy stalling , political uncertainty is . We have had  what ,5 PM's since the vote all having different views on our relationship with Brussels and the rest of the World . Its no wonder investment in the country has dipped . Im confident things will improve with a more settled government

Streetwalker

Quote from: HDQQ on April 26, 2023, 07:28:29 PM
Now that it's becoming clearer that Brexit is the cause of Britain's economy falling behind the EU's, it's time to remind ourselves that this is happening despite us not having to pay "£350 million a week" into the EU and the (now smaller) EU not receiving that money from us.
Brexit is not the cause of Britains economy stalling , political uncertainty is . We have had  what ,5 PM's since the vote all having different views on our relationship with Brussels and the rest of the World . Its no wonder investment in the country has dipped . Im confident things will improve with a more settled goverment 

HDQQ

Now that it's becoming clearer that Brexit is the cause of Britain's economy falling behind the EU's, it's time to remind ourselves that this is happening despite us not having to pay "£350 million a week" into the EU and the (now smaller) EU not receiving that money from us.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on April 24, 2023, 07:19:09 AM
That's not a forecast. You brought up "the numbers", you show them. I spoke of relative comparison, I showed the relative difference. Look at the graph, the UK is a relative front runner up to brexit, then a sharp drop.What numbers are you talking about, what isolated con job that the torys have prob concocted to show how brexit is fantastic. I can't comment on your numbers until you show them.
You're showing a graph that is 12 months out of date, I have to assume, as your graph has very little information on it, that the rest of G7 is an average? Seeing as USA, Canada and Japan have very little reliance on Russia that they are increasing the average. Your statement that you've looked at the U.K. and we are dropping like  a brick is utter shash, even U4S is telling you you're statement is incorrect and he's on the same side as you. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: GerryT on April 24, 2023, 07:19:09 AM
That's not a forecast. You brought up "the numbers", you show them. I spoke of relative comparison, I showed the relative difference. Look at the graph, the UK is a relative front runner up to brexit, then a sharp drop.What numbers are you talking about, what isolated con job that the torys have prob concocted to show how brexit is fantastic. I can't comment on your numbers until you show them.
Your 'dropping like a brick' was OTT though wasn't it and invites an easy counter

'lagging behind' would have been about right.  On the OBR (and others) figures we've lost ~£100B a year of GDP which means we're all a bit poorer than we needed to be and our tax take can't afford the level of services we expect the state to provide.  

Cue responses celebrating bugger all benefit deals like Oz and CPTPP that might actually net harm the UK