Main Menu

More graft needed

Started by T00ts, August 17, 2022, 03:08:32 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

So let's put inefficiency in the mix. How many organisations do you deal with Gov or otherwise that you feel give good service or efficiency?

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on August 17, 2022, 03:08:32 PM
Liz Truss has put the cat amongst the pigeons by claiming that British workers are not working hard enough to get the country out of the doldrums. I would agree with her from my own experience but already I can hear the screams of derision. So is there anything wrong with British workers?

In my experience there is not a lot of differences between British workers and those anywhere else in the world. And it has been like that since we came out of the caves.

If you go to Bongo Bongo land the rule of thumb is that 20% of the workforce work their hearts out, 60% just tick over and 20% won't do sod all even if you set their trousers on fire.

Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 17, 2022, 03:08:32 PM
Liz Truss has put the cat amongst the pigeons by claiming that British workers are not working hard enough to get the country out of the doldrums. I would agree with her from my own experience but already I can hear the screams of derision. So is there anything wrong with British workers?
As one of them let me say that there have always been both workers and shirkers. The latter usually survive in post by dating or being buddies with managers, or else they tend not to last too long.

What is wrong with Truss is the blanket nature of her condemnation of us, especially speaking as someone who works hard in my job. And her apparent assumption that we are uniquely lazy, as if workers and shirkers don't exist elsewhere in the world. 

Though there appears to be the growing danger of us becoming a society where work ceases to pay, and the only ones prospering are those living off the backs of productive workers. This is the problem Truss needs to sort but won't, not condemning us all as lazy gits because we don't want to have to work 60 or 70 hour weeks with minimal breaks and holidays, or some such guff.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts