Grandson's birthday parcel

Started by T00ts, January 21, 2020, 01:47:51 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester post_id=13857 time=1579615572 user_id=62
I don't know how things are in your part of the world, but in London Amazon use Romanians, although they pretend to be Poles because no Romanian will admit to being a Romanian unless he is a Bulgarian.

The couriers have always struck me as cheery sorts but reading and writing wise, not so much. I get on pretty well with my neighbours because deliveries tend to end up everywhere. So I figure that if the couriers can't read the address, then Amazon is unlikely to worry about them reading about the contents of the parcels.

You do tend to have a refreshing view of the world. It often makes me giggle - thank you. :lol:

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=13853 time=1579614471 user_id=54
My grandson has his birthday this week and I wrapped his rather large birthday parcel and got myself to the PO hoping to send it to him. He is heavily into art amongst other things and we had been talking about working with black paper so with this in mind I had put together the appropriate paper pads, pastels etc and included an aerosol of fixative which is essential for any success.

Luckily the PO lady asked the contents of the parcel and as an afterthought I mentioned the fixative. Not allowed! I came home again.

I looked at couriers - and again not allowed. I rang me daughter prepared if necessary to drive the parcel to them. Her suggestion was that I remove the offending item and she check Amazon. They will deliver exactly the same fixative tomorrow!

Can someone explain why Amazon can travel with/deliver the offending aerosol while no-one else can?

I don't know how things are in your part of the world, but in London Amazon use Romanians, although they pretend to be Poles because no Romanian will admit to being a Romanian unless he is a Bulgarian.

The couriers have always struck me as cheery sorts but reading and writing wise, not so much. I get on pretty well with my neighbours because deliveries tend to end up everywhere. So I figure that if the couriers can't read the address, then Amazon is unlikely to worry about them reading about the contents of the parcels.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

My grandson has his birthday this week and I wrapped his rather large birthday parcel and got myself to the PO hoping to send it to him. He is heavily into art amongst other things and we had been talking about working with black paper so with this in mind I had put together the appropriate paper pads, pastels etc and included an aerosol of fixative which is essential for any success.

Luckily the PO lady asked the contents of the parcel and as an afterthought I mentioned the fixative. Not allowed! I came home again.

I looked at couriers - and again not allowed. I rang me daughter prepared if necessary to drive the parcel to them. Her suggestion was that I remove the offending item and she check Amazon. They will deliver exactly the same fixative tomorrow!

Can someone explain why Amazon can travel with/deliver the offending aerosol while no-one else can?