World Senior Citizens Day

Started by patman post, August 21, 2022, 12:45:22 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Well, I don't drink or smoke, but I have only just woken up and it is gone 1 pm. So Iguess I had a good time. :):)
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

I'm not sure I can afford sixty five candles for next month.

I know they will provide several kilowatts if I can afford them.

I am told the bank allows me a free day off on my birthday.

I'm only taking half of it

At 7:30am my barbers opens. I'm going for a number six razor cut and having the top gelled into a spiky Mohican I'm getting water-soluble-dyed bright green.

Ready for my 9:30 zoom call with the IT director.

Then i'm going to find a way to get so drunk that afternoon I'll need the Thursday and Friday to recover. So I've booked those off too.

Us OAPs need to stop taking life so seriously. It's not like we have as much left as we already survived and none of us are getting out in one piece....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on August 21, 2022, 01:37:05 PM
A very happy birthday to you I hope you continue to get spoiled rotten. Don't get out of puff blowing all those candles out!  The last thing you need is to try to call an ambulance.  ;D
I'd let the candles burn to the end ,considering how old you are will probably boil a couple of kettles save your leccy  bill a bit and please Greta a bit too.

Happy birthday (daft old bugger :D :P )
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 21, 2022, 01:37:05 PM
A very happy birthday to you I hope you continue to get spoiled rotten. Don't get out of puff blowing all those candles out!  The last thing you need is to try to call an ambulance.  ;D
If all those candles get lit simultaneously someone might call the fire brigade.

Happy birthday, Borchester. 

You may be a bit suspect politically, and you may sometimes talk out of your arse, but you are often funny. I do appreciate you being around.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on August 21, 2022, 01:08:37 PM
Thank you Pat.

It is also my birthday, which is probably why they chose today.

Christ, we oldies do alright. Every four weeks the government and various other outfits send me money for staying alive, I get to travel throughout England for free and well brought up youngsters listen attentively even when I am clearly talking through my arse.

Life is good.
A very happy birthday to you I hope you continue to get spoiled rotten. Don't get out of puff blowing all those candles out!  The last thing you need is to try to call an ambulance.  ;D

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on August 21, 2022, 12:45:22 PM
World Senior Citizen Day 2022 Every year World Senior Citizen's Day is celebrated on August 21 to highlight the contribution of elderly individuals to humankind. The day is dedicated to the work done by the senior citizens towards our society.

Bless you all,

Pat

https://www.news18.com/news/lifestyle/world-senior-citizens-day-2022-date-history-and-significance-5780107.html

Thank you Pat.

It is also my birthday, which is probably why they chose today.

Christ, we oldies do alright. Every four weeks the government and various other outfits send me money for staying alive, I get to travel throughout England for free and well brought up youngsters listen attentively even when I am clearly talking through my arse.

Life is good.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

World Senior Citizen Day 2022 Every year World Senior Citizen's Day is celebrated on August 21 to highlight the contribution of elderly individuals to humankind. The day is dedicated to the work done by the senior citizens towards our society.

Bless you all,

Pat

https://www.news18.com/news/lifestyle/world-senior-citizens-day-2022-date-history-and-significance-5780107.html
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...