Social media: Students grill TikTok and Meta over app dangers

Started by BBC News , August 22, 2022, 01:00:23 AM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 22, 2022, 12:03:52 PM
Mainly the way those terms of service are politically biased.

I tried and was told to f**k off.

Right, sounds like you have an issue with how these companies apply their terms of service. Just like the 13 year old girls in the OP, who you seemed quite dismissive of. 
Don't believe everything you think.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nalaar on August 22, 2022, 11:24:42 AM
What's the issue with an online company having terms of service, and the service users requesting changes/updates?
Mainly the way those terms of service are politically biased. Try getting an ISIL supporters post that white infidels should be slaughtered under the black flag removed.

I tried and was told to f**k off.

They only removed it after I tagged the imam of the mosque down the road in it who obviously kicked up a fuss when I asked if he agreed with the sentiment one of his flock were stirring up. The post in question was made by one of the Cardiff shitheads later taken out by a drone strike.

If the company genuinely wished to operate a safe space with all posters forced to adhere to their terms and conditions, a white pagan should be able to report a Moslem hate stirrer.

It should not need his imam to intervene.

Yet the fact is, it did and in all likelihood still does

There's the problem.

And you can't weasel your way out of that one.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nalaar

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 22, 2022, 08:56:36 AMIf you can't handle the downside of shit like this don't use it.
What's the issue with an online company having terms of service, and the service users requesting changes/updates?
Don't believe everything you think.

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 22, 2022, 08:56:36 AM
So yeah, what the world needs now above all else are more ARSEbook Gestapo.

Fact is my grand daughter knows how the block function works and she also knows how the uninstall button works.

If you can't handle the downside of shit like this don't use it.

(She doesn't have accounts in her name on either. She thinks tiktok is rubbish. She makes a few postings on her mum's ARSEbook account, i can tell when it's her as the spelling and grammar are accurate)
Yeah though they won't go on forums where people can openly disagree with them.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: BBC News  on August 22, 2022, 01:00:23 AM

Teenagers say reporting harmful content on TikTok and Meta must be made easier.

Source: Social media: Students grill TikTok and Meta over app dangers

So yeah, what the world needs now above all else are more ARSEbook Gestapo.

Fact is my grand daughter knows how the block function works and she also knows how the uninstall button works.

If you can't handle the downside of shit like this don't use it.

(She doesn't have accounts in her name on either. She thinks tiktok is rubbish. She makes a few postings on her mum's ARSEbook account, i can tell when it's her as the spelling and grammar are accurate)
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

BBC News

Teenagers say reporting harmful content on TikTok and Meta must be made easier.

Source: Social media: Students grill TikTok and Meta over app dangers