Bring back Boris: Why swing voters don’t trust Truss or Sunak

Started by Borchester, August 22, 2022, 07:48:42 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on August 26, 2022, 07:01:42 PM
Tony Blair and Brown were responsible for those years and those were Thatchers greatest achievement years. New Labour are merely the red Branch of Tory HQ. But even if you want to blame Labour for those two clowns basically selling everything off and preaching Heyekism economics until we had a banking crisis, nobody from the Old Labour background associates them to the good old days and everyone calls them Tories because they were basically Thatcherites in the wrong party.

Sure, but you all voted for them in a landslide. So, I guess we shouldn't actually trust your political nous. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on August 26, 2022, 06:35:53 PM
Oh, that old BS. That's just a denialists way of saying Labour were not to blame for anything between 1997 and 2010.
Tony Blair and Brown were responsible for those years and those were Thatchers greatest achievement years. New Labour are merely the red Branch of Tory HQ. But even if you want to blame Labour for those two clowns basically selling everything off and preaching Heyekism economics until we had a banking crisis, nobody from the Old Labour background associates them to the good old days and everyone calls them Tories because they were basically Thatcherites in the wrong party.

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on August 26, 2022, 06:13:00 PM
We have had the Tories for 43 years. 
Oh, that old BS. That's just a denialists way of saying Labour were not to blame for anything between 1997 and 2010.
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on August 26, 2022, 06:08:31 PM
But they weren't all Tory governments, were they? there is the problem right there, you still live in a world where those following you believe will fix it, they won't.
We had Labour, Torys and Lib Dems, then Tories every crisis ended up with the same outcome whoever was in government.
We have had the Tories for 43 years. Just because they wore different rosettes doesn't mean they weren't the spawn of Thatcher.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on August 26, 2022, 05:51:46 PMwe had a Tory government
But they weren't all Tory governments, were they? there is the problem right there, you still live in a world where those following you believe will fix it, they won't.
We had Labour, Torys and Lib Dems, then Tories every crisis ended up with the same outcome whoever was in government.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on August 26, 2022, 05:33:52 PM
Take it from me Boycey you are about to fecked over by this crisis like every other one they come up with, be under no doubt. Listen to what they are all saying, different crisis same outcome.

Of course I am about to be "fecked over by this crisis like every other" given we had a Tory government who is about to be taken over by a tax cutting Dizzy Lizard Sheepy. There is simply no other option than to buy Russian or cut consumption to control prices and it seems only now Zahawi has had his eureka moment by saying "actually maybe we might need to all cut our consumption in order to slash bills". 

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on August 26, 2022, 05:29:18 PM
Dizzy Lizzie hasn't agreed more cash. This is just the Clown preaching to the choir. Sunak has said he will target his help to the most vulnerable, which seem more directed at pensioners, but the Dopey Dizzy is still pushing for tax cuts for the rich.

People need to listen to the words of the people coming in and not those going out.
Take it from me Boycey you are about to fecked over by this crisis like every other one they come up with, be under no doubt. Listen to what they are all saying, different crisis same outcome.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on August 26, 2022, 05:20:21 PM
Boris Johnson says next PM will 'plainly' have to provide more cash for energy bills (msn.com)
Just like magic they all suddenly agree more cash.

Dizzy Lizzie hasn't agreed more cash. This is just the Clown preaching to the choir. Sunak has said he will target his help to the most vulnerable, which seem more directed at pensioners, but the Dopey Dizzy is still pushing for tax cuts for the rich. 

People need to listen to the words of the people coming in and not those going out.

Sheepy

Boris Johnson says next PM will 'plainly' have to provide more cash for energy bills (msn.com)
Just like magic they all suddenly agree more cash.
Meanwhile Martin Lewis says we are all going to die this winter, for fecks sake get a grip you fearmongering w@nker. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on August 26, 2022, 03:04:10 PM
And Northern Ireland is effectively still in the EU, Boycey, if you hadn't noticed, thus Schrodinger's Brexit.
"We have opened the box and it is definitely Brexit I am afraid people!"

You can't put a square peg in a round hole Barry. Northern Ireland want the Good Friday agreement. They also voted remain and have a reunification party leading Stormont. Polls suggest that the majority are happy with being in both markets and that only grows when it comes to not abandoning the Good Friday agreement. Only the DUP seem to be against this deal and supporting No deal. But even so, for someone who doesn't live in NI, does their arrangements even affect you I have to ask? I have known so hard-core Brexit deniers in my lifetime but if you only argument for "Brexit in name only" is because Northern Ireland have to fill in a few forms to have some frozen sausages come over, an issue that can be solved over night by agreeing veterinary standards and food standards I might add, then really all I can say is you are clutching at straws here Barry.

Barry

And Northern Ireland is effectively still in the EU, Boycey, if you hadn't noticed, thus Schrodinger's Brexit. 
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on August 26, 2022, 10:42:29 AM
How can we return, when we have not properly left? We have Schrodinger's Brexit.
What you talking about schrodingers Brexit? This is Brexit. Frost wouldn't have given away anything he could get away with and there isn't a trade deal on the planet that doesn't have tradeoffs. 

I have been spelling out what Brexit really means on forums across the Internet for years and it isn't my fault Brexiteers fell for the lies Leavers have been spouting for years. There was never this £350mn a week. Poles were never stealing jobs. They were doing jobs nobody wanted to do and fishing was always going to be a problem given we are a nation that doesn't eat fish. This is Brexit. We would have been in the same position as we are now had we never been in the EU given the biggest market always dictates the terms in trade deals. The quicker people understand that the quicker they will understand they were lied to. I don't know what else I can say.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on August 26, 2022, 10:42:29 AM
How can we return, when we have not properly left? We have Schrodinger's Brexit.
You are right - I read this morning that English Steel manufacturers will have to pay 25% surcharge to send Steel to Northern Ireland while EU manufacturers don't. I for one will be interested to see Truss or anyone finally tell the EU to do one.

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on August 26, 2022, 09:41:55 AM

As I said before Sheepy, I am not interested in your conspiracy theories that everyone except BoJo the Clown is planning our return to the EU and that people won't stand for it and rise up and take on Westminster. 
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on August 26, 2022, 09:41:55 AM
Have you explained why they are the same? I don't think so. Your posts don't even make sense. This "engineered crisis" is a crisis of supply and demand. Cutting supply but not reducing demand is only going to make bills go up. It has nothing to do with the squabbles in Westminster. It has nothing to do with whether Starmer is a Blairite, whether Johnson is a clown, whether Richi is Rich or whether Lizzie is a dizzy. And it certainly doesn't matter in terms of party policy and they aren't the same. This crisis is simply down to economics. There is simply more demand for gas than we can pump it out of the ground.

As I said before Sheepy, I am not interested in your conspiracy theories that everyone except BoJo the Clown is planning our return to the EU and that people won't stand for it and rise up and take on Westminster. That Westminster are run by corporate Britain who finance the two party system. We are not America. Labour and the Tories have vastly different ideas for the cost of living crisis and although neither have a plan to cut consumption which is ultimately the only thing that will cut prices of wholesale gas, they are still not on the same league in terms of being the same bleeding party.
Easily, but you missed it in the fog of your own mind, it is all lies in the first place and political soundbite, but what would be the point of telling an expert like yourself. Who is happily held hostage to the Westminster party.