Emily Maitlis slams Tory control over BBC news output

Started by srb7677, August 24, 2022, 08:09:42 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 25, 2022, 09:14:28 AM
The tories were a remain party and pro EU until Johnson took over . Now he has gone I would bet they will return to type and soften `their stance in talks with Brussels .

The BBC facing funding cuts are just licking a few boots in hope its not too late to reverse suggested policy . If that means reporting tory propoganda then so be it .
Well it depends how you look at it, they allowed a referendum, voted to trigger article 50 and then passed all the legislation to make it happen. It just so happened that the leaders husband ran a company selling millions to the EU. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

But what's happened to the supposed control of the BBC by Jews and the Left...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on August 25, 2022, 05:56:08 AM
Oh yes, you could see this during the referendum. The Tories being a leave party were actively  getting the BBC to do everything in its power to bring about remain. I think we'll find she's talking out of her backside.
The tories were a remain party and pro EU until Johnson took over . Now he has gone I would bet they will return to type and soften `their stance in talks with Brussels .

The BBC facing funding cuts are just licking a few boots in hope its not too late to reverse suggested policy . If that means reporting tory propoganda then so be it . 

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on August 25, 2022, 05:56:08 AM
Oh yes, you could see this during the referendum. The Tories being a leave party were actively  getting the BBC to do everything in its power to bring about remain. I think we'll find she's talking out of her backside.
I think she was actually talking a llot of sense. if you read what she had to say.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on August 24, 2022, 08:09:42 PM
Emily Maitlis says 'active Tory party agent' shaping BBC news output | BBC | The Guardian

Emily Maitlis speaks candidly about Tory agents actively distorting BBC impartiality in their favour, and the BBC's craven surrender to it.

Rapidly becoming the state broadcaster in every sense of the word. Some of us recognised that in the Corbyn era.
Oh yes, you could see this during the referendum. The Tories being a leave party were actively  getting the BBC to do everything in its power to bring about remain. I think we'll find she's talking out of her backside. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: B0ycey on August 24, 2022, 08:25:08 PMimpartiality is trying to demand answers and not to bend over and take it.
Clearly they are failing to be impartial then, in ways Maitlis has described.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

B0ycey

Quote from: srb7677 on August 24, 2022, 08:09:42 PM
Emily Maitlis says 'active Tory party agent' shaping BBC news output | BBC | The Guardian

Emily Maitlis speaks candidly about Tory agents actively distorting BBC impartiality in their favour, and the BBC's craven surrender to it.

Rapidly becoming the state broadcaster in every sense of the word. Some of us recognised that in the Corbyn era.

The Tories always say the BBC are an agent against them. It wasn't that long ago Dorries took swipe at the BBC by threatening their funding. Perhaps being impartial simoly means people think they are against you because impartiality is trying to demand answers and not to bend over and take it.

srb7677