Main Menu

I object!

Started by T00ts, August 26, 2022, 09:56:00 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on August 26, 2022, 04:38:35 PM
Yes I hated Maggie for what she did to working communities,however I'm human enough not to celebrate her death as some did.

I voted Mays govt purely on brexit she was a disappointment which you got around to saying too,and please point out where I called Truss a llizard though she is imo cold blooded,none of the above comments are regarding misogyny purely on actions.

How do you explain your straight from school to pregnant on Rayner is that misogyny a.
I said you called her a reptile or lizard.

https://pol-tics.com/united-kingdom-politics/2/bring-back-boris-why-swing-voters-dont-trust-truss-or-sunak/5775/msg102218#msg102218

https://pol-tics.com/uk-economy/33/more-graft-needed/5758/msg101749#msg101749

What's Rayner got to do with anything?
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on August 26, 2022, 12:41:13 PMI support the Nordic economic model so naturally I support people like Long Bailey.
Which just had a loss of a disappearing $174 billion in 6 months, putting yourself up as a political genius certainly has its pitfalls.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 26, 2022, 02:58:06 PM
Correct regards Brown thoughThatcher was more short termism and bribing votes.

The energy crisis is banking all over again.
Maybe you could point out which crisis over the last say 40 years didn't mean more debt for Government and more money pumped into corporate boardrooms while the plebs were left holding the baby, that might be interesting.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on August 26, 2022, 04:06:11 PM
You hated Maggie, you didn't like Theresa May, and now you call Liz Truss a reptile or Lizard.
The fact they are all women doesn't mean you don't like women, but you certainly seem to have a thing for Tory women leaders. Perhaps there is another word for that.

Oh, and "sleepy Joe"? Really?
Yes I hated Maggie for what she did to working communities,however I'm human enough not to celebrate her death as some did.

I voted Mays govt purely on brexit she was a disappointment which you got around to saying too,and please point out where I called Truss a llizard though she is imo cold blooded,none of the above comments are regarding misogyny purely on actions.

How do you explain your straight from school to pregnant on Rayner is that misogyny a.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on August 26, 2022, 04:27:30 PM
I wasn't aware of a Labour leadership election, Boycey, do keep us all posted. ;D
I suspect it will happen once Starmer puts his foot in his mouth by attacking the Unions and Old Labour advocates Barry. It depends on how much of a Blairite he is. But let's first get the Tories out of number 10 and then we can see if Starmer really is as useless as this forum implies he is. I am all for giving someone a chance to prove they can live up to their words and pledges before trying to oust them out of leadership actually. But even so, Long Bailey is part of the "good stock" of Labour backbenchers and I know she would be a great PM if given the chance so whatever.

Barry

I wasn't aware of a Labour leadership election, Boycey, do keep us all posted. ;D
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on August 26, 2022, 04:12:03 PM
Good luck with that Boycey.
I think Nick had a name for her, too.
Wrong-Daily was it? Sorry Nick, if it wasn't you.

Sssssssseeeeeexxxxxxiiiiiiisssssssstttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you saying Nick is a Misogynist pig? lol lol lol

But to answer your question more specifically, her policies are more aligned to Corbyn but without the baggage. After todays energy announcements, her politics is needed now more than ever. She is an intelligent inspirational lady and I have no doubt that with two more years of tax cuts for the rich and a reduction of services and other Tory policy bollocks, Labour will basically storm into Westminster and Long Bailey will start her assault on Blairite politics.

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on August 26, 2022, 12:41:13 PM
I support the Nordic economic model so naturally I support people like Long Bailey.
Good luck with that Boycey.
I think Nick had a name for her, too.
Wrong-Daily was it? Sorry Nick, if it wasn't you. 
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on August 26, 2022, 11:15:49 AM
Mysoginists?  Really? So calling Starmer Steamer is what?

You've hardly been backward in coming forward calling Biden......are you ageist?
You hated Maggie, you didn't like Theresa May, and now you call Liz Truss a reptile or Lizard.
The fact they are all women doesn't mean you don't like women, but you certainly seem to have a thing for Tory women leaders. Perhaps there is another word for that.

Oh, and "sleepy Joe"? Really?
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on August 26, 2022, 02:58:06 PM

The trouble is no-one sits down and thinks about the future and worst and best case scenarios - except of course the scientists with their interminable modelling. I just wonder how much we were led by Europe, they seem to be more directly in hock to Russian gas than us although of course the fight to buy whatever is available is driving costs. Thatcher saw a new way forward to give the country a stability it hadn't seen for a while and also a source of wealth. Her idea that by making wealth it would trickle down by creating jobs wasn't in itself faulty. Like so many situations there were those who abused it and continue to do so, but that is the evil greed of human nature. 
For me the current biggest problem is inefficiency tacked onto the greed. If it were possible to look critically at everything that is being done in our name I am sure we would find so much waste and abuse that we could ride pretty much everything. Back to the OP if Truss can be that critical eye and decided that instead of throwing more and more cash at those inefficiencies (NHS, Education, Defence, Police, Local Government, even Westminster) I would take my hat off to her. I just hope she is prepared not to be one of the boys, and hold all their feet to the fire.
I might add that this country has had lousy leaders for too many decades and we need to improve the calibre of those putting themselves forward for election. It starts with education! 

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on August 26, 2022, 02:39:38 PM
And Brown sold off the gold for a pittance and got nothing i return. Going back to Thatcher though wasn't it more to do with the abysmal services that we had at that time and the thought that actually there were better people to run them and give better service? Wasn't it also to do with the power of the Unions at that time? We didn't have a very happy country before her either as I remember.

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on August 26, 2022, 02:39:38 PM
And Brown sold off the gold for a pittance and got nothing i return. Going back to Thatcher though wasn't it more to do with the abysmal services that we had at that time and the thought that actually there were better people to run them and give better service? Wasn't it also to do with the power of the Unions at that time? We didn't have a very happy country before her either as I remember.
As much as Brown f**ked up T00ts, that is nothing compared to Thatchers f**k up. Thatcher sold all the golden eggs and now we don't even own the gas that comes out the sea. lol

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on August 26, 2022, 02:27:14 PM
Where you are quite correct B0ycey is regards Bliar who was nothing more than Thatcher continuity.

Thatcherism was and is in so many ways a disaster,as per the Wilde quote and fools "They know the price of everything and the value of nothing"

Even old MacMillan had her down to  a T.......selling off the family silver.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on August 26, 2022, 12:41:13 PM
It is everything to do with her political hypocrisy affiliation T00ts. Capitalism only works well in specific areas of the economy as proven with the fuel crisis we have now. And the poor clearly have been hung out to dry for far too long. I support the Nordic economic model so naturally I support people like Long Bailey.
Where you are quite correct B0ycey is regards Bliar who was nothing more than Thatcher continuity.

Thatcherism was and is in so many ways a disaster,as per the Wilde quote and fools "They know the price of everything and the value of nothing" 

Even old MacMillan had her down to  a T.......selling off the family silver.

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on August 26, 2022, 11:59:43 AM
Dancing Dancing Nothing to do with the colour of her political hypocrisy then eh?
It is everything to do with her political hypocrisy  affiliation T00ts. Capitalism only works well in specific areas of the economy as proven with the fuel crisis we have now. And the poor clearly have been hung out to dry for far too long. I support the Nordic economic model so naturally I support people like Long Bailey.