It's the economy stupid!

Started by T00ts, August 26, 2022, 11:41:27 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on August 26, 2022, 11:41:27 AMWhat would you really change if suddenly you were catapulted into the hot seat in No10.
Labour's 2017 manifesto would be a start. Beyond that for now I would simply refer you to all my other posts in the time I have been here on the economy, which is all I have time to say right now due to needing to leave soon.

Your opening post raises a number of points which are worth discussing in more detail but I sadly lack the time for that right now. I might come back to this later unless others take the debate sufficiently forwards.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Ok there is a massive difference of opinion in many quarters as to where the tax we pay into Government coffers should be spent. 

Some say it should be used to a large extent on support for the needy, while others suggest that easy payouts gives them nothing but false dependency. Some say that top earners should cover the shortfall by paying more even though they already pay a much higher %age. 

Should we take a long hard look at inefficiency in public services before we throw even more of our hard earned money at organisations that blatantly mismanage their funds? 

Are we actually condoning bad management? What would you really change if suddenly you were catapulted into the hot seat in No10. You never know - your political career may actually start here and now!  :P