Typical household energy bill to rise to £3,549

Started by Borchester, August 26, 2022, 01:24:20 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 29, 2022, 01:20:32 PM
Try asking the Iraqis, Afghans, Syrians, Yemanies. Libyans etc for thier opinions as they have first hand experience of this very thing.....

Meanwhile be content to give up your car, forget about travel, live in an ecopod, eat bugs and drink sewer water and thank god that you live in the West because the Sun says it must be worse in the rest of world :D
I don't have to give up anything, I've worked hard all my life and now don't have to worry about such things, I have eaten Scorpions in Thailand though. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Nick on August 29, 2022, 01:01:57 PM
If someone turns up takes your house and murders your family, are you just going to face the reality that you've lost?
Those commies really did a number on you didn't they!
Try asking the Iraqis, Afghans, Syrians, Yemanies. Libyans etc for thier opinions as they have first hand experience of this very thing.....

Meanwhile be content to give up your car, forget about travel, live in an ecopod, eat bugs and drink sewer water and thank god that you live in the West because the Sun says it must be worse in the rest of world :D

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 29, 2022, 12:54:39 PMPersonally I hope they simply reverse these failing sanctions policies in relation to a war that is already lost and just face the reality.
If someone turns up takes your house and murders your family, are you just going to face the reality that you've lost?
Those commies really did a number on you didn't they!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sampanviking

Quote from: Barry on August 29, 2022, 10:58:01 AM
Could you make it clear, exactly what you mean by this?
What unusual decorations on lampposts in which roads?
Half right and half wrong

The point being that as the boomerang sanctions bite only those in Western Nations and as the impact in winter gets felt harder and harder, that the elite who are making a killing out of all this while  telling the masses who are being bled dry and losing their businesses etc  etc that they should be glad, grateful and supportive, should only expect a very negative reaction to such policies and messages.

Personally I hope they simply reverse these failing sanctions policies in relation to a war that is already lost and just face the reality.
If not, the prospect of serious civil unrest this winter is very real, whether I want to see it or not.

So the decorations could be simply Metaphorical for the ambitions, careers and arrogance of our Political elite, but no sympathy from me, its wholly self inflicted and comes from blindly jumping when ordered by Washington.

cromwell

Tbh Baz surprised you aren't familiar with the connotation,started with the French revolution
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/À_la_lanterne
well used by others in the US to kill blacks the Nazis and recently Philip Pullman on Boris.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Chinese lanterns and Russian dolls?  Dancing

Barry

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 29, 2022, 01:01:59 AMMaybe this will happen even earlier. The thought of Lampposts at Christmas sporting "unusual" decorations fills my heart with festive joy.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on August 29, 2022, 09:24:04 AM
Just for you, srb and T00ts who thanked this post, SPV did not actually say that.
And just for you Bazthe implication is quite clear.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on August 29, 2022, 09:24:04 AM
Just for you, srb and T00ts who thanked this post, SPV did not actually say that.
It doesn't change the nature of the rant though.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on August 29, 2022, 07:29:56 AM
Wow and your talk of others fantasies,and yours is to see people hanging from lamp posts.

What a hate filled rant.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 29, 2022, 01:01:59 AM
I want affordable food and energy and not to feckin freeze so a bunch of neocon Oligarchs (Billionaires) can try to realise there most perverted sexual fantasies of having regime change in Russia and a return to what they see as the good old days that they had under Yeltsin.

Clearly these autistic spectrum, spoilt brat sociopaths care nothing other than themselves and their continued pursuit of personal enrichment beyond the point of any definition of reason.

Those going around telling us that the Russians need to be stopped because they want to change our way of life, may be surprised by the reaction they get to such statements by the end of January. Maybe this will happen even earlier. The thought of Lampposts at Christmas sporting "unusual" decorations fills my heart with festive joy.
Wow and your talk of others fantasies,and yours is to see people hanging from lamp posts.

What a hate filled rant.

Sampanviking

I want affordable food and energy and not to feckin freeze so a bunch of neocon Oligarchs (Billionaires) can try to realise there most perverted sexual fantasies of having regime change in Russia and a return to what they see as the good old days that they had under Yeltsin.

Clearly these autistic spectrum, spoilt brat sociopaths care nothing other than themselves and their continued pursuit of personal enrichment beyond the point of any definition of reason.

Those going around telling us that the Russians need to be stopped because they want to change our way of life, may be surprised by the reaction they get to such statements by the end of January. Maybe this will happen even earlier. The thought of Lampposts at Christmas sporting "unusual" decorations fills my heart with festive joy.

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on August 28, 2022, 03:04:59 PM
That is true, because I was trying to provoke a bit of discussion. I've since made it clear I don't think we should increase trading with Russia for gas. I didn't actually ask Nick a thing. It just posited some points for discussion.

What's your position? Let Russia have what they've got so far?
Because Russia's position is they will talk peace after Zelensky unconditionally surrenders.
As forecast the USA are winning this war by selling the EU and UK shiploads of LNG. But America are our friends, right?
My position is that given Ukraine has been in a state of Civil war for over a decade, that maybe we should find a resolution that pleases both sides. The first and most common misnomer people have is this is a war between Russia and Ukraine. It is actually a civil war where Russian troops are aiding the LPR and DPR that are Ukrainian citizens. And we already had a deal that would have pleased both sides called the Minsk II agreement where the Donbass would have been an autonomous region with shared governance. Perhaps we should encourage talks and start there.

And sure the US have us as putty in their palms, but they have been profiting from war for as long as I remember and today is no different. But in any case, I don't necessarily care if we buy Russian gas if we can cut our consumption, but at the moment we are not and bills are going up MASSIVELY. The Tweet you posted has some good ideas as long as we can buy in some gas from somewhere actually, but at the moment reopening Rough seems pointless whilst we won't be storing gas given we can't buy it in quick enough.

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on August 28, 2022, 02:53:03 PM
He quoted the Tweet and put in his input. He didn't retract anything.
That is true, because I was trying to provoke a bit of discussion. I've since made it clear I don't think we should increase trading with Russia for gas. I didn't actually ask Nick a thing. It just posited some points for discussion.

What's your position? Let Russia have what they've got so far?
Because Russia's position is they will talk peace after Zelensky unconditionally surrenders.
As forecast the USA are winning this war by selling the EU and UK shiploads of LNG. But America are our friends, right?
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on August 28, 2022, 02:47:13 PM
And of course you don't mention the fact that Barry retorted buying Russian Gas wasn't one of his wants.
He quoted the Tweet and put in his input. He didn't retract anything.