The Liz and Rishi roadshow continues but the penultimate hustings lacked spice

Started by SKY News, August 27, 2022, 01:02:26 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on August 27, 2022, 12:28:43 PM
 But he at the very least hasn't handicapped himself and I find it ironic that you can call him puerile 
Erm, she didn't, read the post again.

† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on August 27, 2022, 12:14:17 PM
It doesn't matter who is in No 10 the situation is not all of our making. Truss, Sunak, Starmer or Uncle Tom Cobbley there is no answer that will suit everyone. The Unions are waiting on the sidelines to create as much havoc as possible, I hear they aim to extend strikes to a year to 'redress the balance'. Mass hysteria is being whipped up before anyone has had any real chance to assess what can be done. You never know it might be Sunak yet. I just find it all rather puerile.
Indeed, it could be Sunak given he seems to do better than Truss in the hustings, but he isn't polling as well. And if does win it I will be just as hard on him as I am on Truss if he doesn't deliver. But he at the very least hasn't handicapped himself and I find it ironic that you can call him puerile (and that has been going on since even before he handed his notice in as Chancellor on this forum if I recall), tell us how much you dislike him, not trust him, can't stand him whatever, but me, a user, who is basically throwing the words and policies that Truss has actually announced back at her and called her out on it is being a "bit unfair".

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on August 27, 2022, 11:59:27 AM
When has the PM listened to his cabinet when they disagree with them? How many reshuffles does it take before you realise the PM runs the show. Sure there are advisers, but they are advising in according to policies not dictating policies to the PM.

And no, it doesn't matter what her cabinet is. She will be judged on the cost of living crisis and nothing else. And she has already handicapped her self by pledging tax cuts for the rich. Governments need revenue to make real changes and not understanding a simple thing like that means the Tories are going to lose big time in the next election. That and she acts like Thatcher which won't go down well in the continent as proven yesterday.
It doesn't matter who is in No 10 the situation is not all of our making. Truss, Sunak, Starmer or Uncle Tom Cobbley there is no answer that will suit everyone. The Unions are waiting on the sidelines to create as much havoc as possible, I hear they aim to extend strikes to a year to 'redress the balance'. Mass hysteria is being whipped up before anyone has had any real chance to assess what can be done. You never know it might be Sunak yet. I just find it all rather puerile.

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on August 27, 2022, 11:46:12 AM
Since when does the PM of this country make all the decisions? We have a cabinet. This is not a presidency or a dictatorship. There will be advisors who will advise. The test will be in her choices and if she can unite the party around her. It seems already that Sunak supporters are throwing a tantrum. Democracy in action once again.
When has the PM listened to his cabinet when they disagree with them? How many reshuffles does it take before you realise the PM runs the show. Sure there are advisers, but they are advising in according to policies not dictating policies to the PM.

And no, it doesn't matter what her cabinet is. She will be judged on the cost of living crisis and nothing else. And she has already handicapped her self by pledging tax cuts for the rich. Governments need revenue to make real changes and not understanding a simple thing like that means the Tories are going to lose big time in the next election. That and she acts like Thatcher which won't go down well in the continent as proven yesterday.

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on August 27, 2022, 11:36:29 AM
Truss was a remainer Barry, although I guess she was once a Lib Dem hippy so clearly a turn coat depending on what side of the bed she wakes up on I guess. But Brexit isn't why I have an issue with her anyway. I am listening to her at the hustings, reading her ideas and policies, seeing that she has yet to come up with a plan for the cost of living crisis, notice she acts like Thatcher and have worked out she hasn't got a single diplomatic astuteness bone in her body. Someone doesn't need to get to the Premiership to work out they will be crap at the Job if they got there. If it was Dorries I would be just as hard on her trust me given she is a bigger Johnson clone than Truss will ever be. And it isn't like I am Sunaks cheerleader anyway, but his stance that we have to tackle inflation before tax cuts means he is already a million times better than Truss who will bankrupt the nation in my honest opinion.
Since when does the PM of this country make all the decisions? We have a cabinet. This is not a presidency or a dictatorship. There will be advisors who will advise. The test will be in her choices and if she can unite the party around her. It seems already that Sunak supporters are throwing a tantrum. Democracy in action once again.

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on August 27, 2022, 11:26:04 AM
I've noticed all the Boris Botherers (OK, I turned into one at the end as I could not support his lies any longer) are now morphing into Truss Troublers and this is even before she has won.
Expect her to be undermined from the word go as she "hits the ground running". The remainers haven't given up after more than 6 years.

Truss was a remainer Barry, although I guess she was once a Lib Dem hippy so clearly a turn coat depending on what side of the bed she wakes up on I guess. But Brexit isn't why I have an issue with her anyway. I am listening to her at the hustings, reading her ideas and policies, seeing that she has yet to come up with a plan for the cost of living crisis, notice she acts like Thatcher and have worked out she hasn't got a single diplomatic astuteness bone in her body. Someone doesn't need to get to the Premiership to work out they will be crap at the Job if they got there. If it was Dorries I would be just as hard on her trust me given she is a bigger Johnson clone than Truss will ever be. And it isn't like I am Sunaks cheerleader anyway, but his stance that we have to tackle inflation before tax cuts means he is already a million times better than Truss who will bankrupt the nation in my honest opinion.

Barry

I've noticed all the Boris Botherers (OK, I turned into one at the end as I could not support his lies any longer) are now morphing into Truss Troublers and this is even before she has won.
Expect her to be undermined from the word go as she "hits the ground running". The remainers haven't given up after more than 6 years.

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on August 27, 2022, 10:32:36 AM
Did anyone see the film, "The horse whisperer"?

That seemed to be never ending, but this Tory leadership thing seems even longer, whilst more boring.
Oh gosh it's a favourite film of mine. Of course that might have something to do with Redford!  :-\ It's proved shortsighted to have strung this election right through the Summer. Although I am not convinced very much would have happened anyway politically until things become clearer and that happened only yesterday. We are not used to pre-emptive activity from Westminster.

Barry

Quote from: SKY News  on August 27, 2022, 01:02:26 AM

On her way to the eleventh – and penultimate – Tory leadership hustings in Norwich, Liz Truss visited the factory that makes Colman's mustard. But sadly, these hustings lacked spice.

Source: The Liz and Rishi roadshow continues but the penultimate hustings lacked spice
Did anyone see the film, "The horse whisperer"?

That seemed to be never ending, but this Tory leadership thing seems even longer, whilst more boring.
† The end is nigh †

SKY News

On her way to the eleventh – and penultimate – Tory leadership hustings in Norwich, Liz Truss visited the factory that makes Colman's mustard. But sadly, these hustings lacked spice.

Source: The Liz and Rishi roadshow continues but the penultimate hustings lacked spice